Jack Monroe #89 Did you know she once ran out of jam?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her 'pasta e ceci' makes me rage. We all have our limits and this is mine. According to her recipe, you cook tinned chickpeas for 40 minutes to make them go soft rather than 'raw'???? For the love of pulses, chickpeas are either dried or cooked. They cannot be raw. It's impossible! Given that they are tinned, they are fully cooked. Cooking them for another 40 minutes brings zero benefits. Adding tinned hoops for two minutes at the end is an abomination. Freezing three tins (tomatoes, chickpeas, hoops) after cooking them for random amounts of time makes no bleeping sense at all! Why can't her followers see this us lunacy? Shes committing food crimes of epic proportions in just this one recipe. Make it stop. PLEASE!!!!@!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 70
I'm having to isolate at the moment 😭 but once I'm allowed out again I shall go on a hunt in my local one, thank you 😊😊😊
Mine came in a set of three in different sizes. 😊 edited to add a picture. Like these. They have them on eBay and Amazon and other places but for more than I paid. I just googled Pyrex bowls with lids.

Psst. Mom is now on BBC2.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
About eleventymillion by my reckoning right now but Mr. Rebel has just found Abigail's Party on catch up TV so I'm off so shmooze with Alison Steadman and co.

good call. we watched it t'other night too.🙂

and vlad's doing great with the ads

Screenshot_20201016-190432_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I have a feeling the majority of her Jackolytes don’t know how to cook, as evidenced by the questions on her Letdown Larder hashtag, so anything she produces looks good to them. Either that or they have their phones set to grayscale and haven’t realised everything she cooks is brown 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Well that was clear as muck. Why is Jackie getting involved? I’m sure her friend has Google too.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Her 'pasta e ceci' makes me rage. We all have our limits and this is mine. According to her recipe, you cook tinned chickpeas for 40 minutes to make them go soft rather than 'raw'???? For the love of pulses, chickpeas are either dried or cooked. They cannot be raw. It's impossible! Given that they are tinned, they are fully cooked. Cooking them for another 40 minutes brings zero benefits. Adding tinned hoops for two minutes at the end is an abomination. Freezing three tins (tomatoes, chickpeas, hoops) after cooking them for random amounts of time makes no bleeping sense at all! Why can't her followers see this us lunacy? Shes committing food crimes of epic proportions in just this one recipe. Make it stop. PLEASE!!!!@!
But this is the woman who has created a recipe for Homemade Baked Beans (Tin Can Cook p. 30 - yes, I have the book 😳) which literally consists of rinsing the sauce off a tin of baked beans and replacing it with a sauce made from tinned tomatoes, onion, oil, vinegar and sugar...

Her own comment: "It seems a lot of effort to go to just for something slightly superior."

My comment: And each tin could have gone towards a separate meal if you're worried about eating on a very limited budget.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
About eleventymillion by my reckoning right now but Mr. Rebel has just found Abigail's Party on catch up TV so I'm off so shmooze with Alison Steadman and co.
We saw the stage play (oooh fancy) with Jodie Prenger what seems like a few weeks ago but was probably over a year. She was eating at the table next to us at my favourite restaurant next door to the theatre 🔺 and we had a chat; she’s adorable and the play was superb. Obviously my heart is with Alison Steadmanin anything but I do love Jodie. Saw her in A Taste of Honey also and she was great in that too.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
But this is the woman who has created a recipe for Homemade Baked Beans (Tin Can Cook p. 30 - yes, I have the book 😳) which literally consists of rinsing the sauce off a tin of baked beans and replacing it with a sauce made from tinned tomatoes, onion, oil, vinegar and sugar...
You could achieve the same effect by NOT rinsing the beans, and just adding a dollop of HP sauce when you’re heating them. Easy! Why does she have to unnecessarily complicate everything.

• Haha
I was thinking the same. I even zoomed in to have a better look. What *is* that stuff??
I'm pretty sure it looks like cauli rice - I've tried making it before and it's grim but mine didn't look as prettily-shaped as this so I'd suspect she bought it pre-made.

I'm watching Coronation Street, and one of the characters, who is meant to be suffering from amnesia, has just suggested "eggs, sprinkled with crisps, served between 2 slices of cake"

Maybe this was jackie's big tv gig - culinary adviser to Corrie :unsure: :sick::rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.