Jack Monroe #89 Did you know she once ran out of jam?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That green jar of mystery may well be the livers which have been left so long they’ve liquified :sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Why is she wasting a a whole potential bleeping meal (+ a slice of toast from perpetual loaf) in a chicken casserole???? I am angry and I feel sick. Poor poor SB. Grim

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
Hi Jack - you reading Tattle again perchance 👋
Sorry sorry, it's early evening here and I have some Larios and tonic going on, but why is a cook book writer, Guardian food journalist and general saviour of the poor banging on about a bleeping sandwich? A soggy sandwich accompanied by some tit sugar drink?
How many slice of bread are we up to this week, @kachoochoo?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
God she’s truly dreadful.
Of course there’s nothing wrong with using store cupboard items BUT if you do, you should say so - i.e. I used X from the £20 shop and X from the store cupboard (which cost X). That is, if you actually want to be helpful to the people who are actually taking this £20 shop thing seriously.
Also, HOW MANY BLOODY TWEETS has she posted today?? It’s up to spam levels. This is not normal, Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I've had an allotment for 20 years, and when I first got it, one of the older plotholders said he had one piece of advice:

"Only grow the things you like to eat". Which, tbh, I hadn't really thought of, as I was so giddy with all the possibilities.

The same must surely apply to cooking:. Eat the food you really like, when you can

The relentless treadmill of spew-inducing sludge is like something from the workhouse.

Yukkola!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I have some Pyrex round ones like that with green plastic lids. Got them in a Poundstretcher.
I'm having to isolate at the moment 😭 but once I'm allowed out again I shall go on a hunt in my local one, thank you 😊😊😊

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Why not treat him to a pizza? There only 70 from Asda. Then tart it up with a few bits from the fridge?

Reactions: 22
How many of her tweets are promoting Marcus Rashford's petition? She could do some good instead of pointlessly posting sandwiches.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
SB’s not even home on Friday nights is he? What’s the chicken casserole even doing out of the freezer, to be able to stir in tinned spaghetti? 🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Jack is a wanker.
//My audience consists of ex-military men teaching themselves to cook for the first time after decades of being served their dinners. Single mums at childrens centres taking twelve week courses that I have written, to teach the basics of shopping on a budget, planning, cooking, and making the most of whatever happens to be in the cupboard or, increasingly, the food bank parcel. My recipes are handed out at food banks up and down the country, sometimes as recipe cards in conjunction with The Trussell Trust and Oxfam, sometimes as a result of food bank volunteers emailing and asking if they can just print out a handful and leave them on the side for people to help themselves. (The answer is always yes, by the way. If you are a food bank trustee or volunteer and you are reading this and you think my recipes would help the people you are helping every day, feel free to print them off with a link to my website at the bottom so they can find the rest of them.)//

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Do you think that she meant to write garbage risotto or was it just a Freudian slip? She knows the risotto is garbage....

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Sorry sorry, it's early evening here and I have some Larios and tonic going on, but why is a cook book writer, Guardian food journalist and general saviour of the poor banging on about a bleeping sandwich? A soggy sandwich accompanied by some tit sugar drink?
How many slice of bread are we up to this week, @kachoochoo?
ehhhhhhh... 🤷‍♀️

20201016_185523.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.