Jack Monroe #87 Anchoïade, anchoïade, anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why would she risk waking her son up at 4am with the loud kettle. Also why document EVERYTHING. Just try to go back to sleep or read a book don't head straight to twitter to tell everyone
I'm already at work... I was up at 3.30am as I have a two hour drive to get there (don't ask🔺) but the point is.... People everywhere are already awake at this time;work, babies, insomnia, stress.... They don't have the luxury of going back to bed in the afternoon for a catnap like Jackie will no doubt be documenting. Nor does anyone feel like it's something worth noting...it's just bloody life!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I didn't know Asda did Smart Price Espresso. I must look out for it next time I am in.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Watching that thing on bbc4 yesterday about the Wednesday play - Ken Loach who directed I Daniel Blake was on it. Important iconic film maker. He was conned by JM's nonsense as have been Womans Hour, The Guardian and others. They are not going to expose her because that will make them look silly. If it does happen it will be the Daily Mail or its ilk and that will lead to more defence of her, more followers, more Scribbles.
I think it is more likely that Jackie will limp along, scratching a living from the odd appearance on TV and begging from her followers. There will be no big media breakthrough, there will be no grand career, there will be no political engagement. I even think her online presence and followers will begin to diminish. Online bloggers have followers in their millions, 280,000 is really small fry these days.

I don't believe anyone will do an exposé, she is just not well known enough. She will slowly fade into irrelevance.

Unless of course, she does finally meet a partner that will put up with her nonsense. Then she can carry on with her hobby of how best to ruin perfectly good food.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Please please please Jack will you do a tiered version of LL? (You know, like patreon tiers, only adjusted for the covid tiers) You can update daily to reflect current regulations and include an interactive map. Maybe this will assist improving your dismally basic grasp of the impact of lockdown on anyone who isn't Jack Monroe :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I think I've found where she lives, if it is, my god its huge!

That's a serious sense of entitlement

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
She appears to have no knowledge of geography, as many have said loads of people are already in lockdown. She’s so London centric, although it’s nice to have been spared the lockdown larder so far
Yup, I've been locked down for weeks now. Shop shelves are well stocked with no panic buying this time around. Her wise insight about and bunging, slinging is definitely not needed. She won't get the same opportunities that were handed to her on a plate in lockdown one, that's for sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm confused about the stock update. Is it still reducing? Is it still in the slow cooker? Is that why she dated it, so she knows when it's, like, 4 days old or whatever 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I get the feeling we will get whiplash in a few months when she does an influencer style Insta post, holding dangling keys in an outstretched arm in front of an out of focus door, captioned "surprise! I bought a house?!?!?" Out of the blue, like the insta huns do.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
I'm already at work... I was up at 3.30am as I have a two hour drive to get there (don't ask🔺) but the point is.... People everywhere are already awake at this time;work, babies, insomnia, stress.... They don't have the luxury of going back to bed in the afternoon for a catnap like Jackie will no doubt be documenting. Nor does anyone feel like it's something worth noting...it's just bloody life!
I momentarily forgot she has a massive 2 floor bungalow

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm confused about the stock update. Is it still reducing? Is it still in the slow cooker? Is that why she dated it, so she knows when it's, like, 4 days old or whatever 🤢
Oh THAT sort of stock reducing. Shes forgotten about that, now focusing on promoting the other sort in the supermarkets

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I really don't get this performative railing against another lockdown. I mean it's annoying but I'm kind of glad of it, especially when the cases are increasing like they are. Am I missing something?

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.