Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Come on Jack, you opened the bloody door by telling people you are in AA so the least you can do is be responsible and give your fellow alcoholics good advice:

* phone your sponsor or a fellow alcoholic. Be completely honest and admit you may have alcohol in your system, if you’ve consumed things like kombucha or low alcoholic drinks, if that is the case of course
* find an online Zoom meeting
* read the Big Book or other AA literature
* write a gratitude list

If you have that urge to drink after so long sober then it’s not going to go away permanently by taking your mind off it. But maybe you haven’t been “sober” that long. I find this AA thing with her the hardest to stomach to be honest, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that she just fannies about with it and is totally irresponsible

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 61

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Do you think she ever thinks she’s maybe wrong about anything?
Funny you should say that because I've just got to the part where she's talking about looking into going to a cookery school but it's £24k per year and anyway she looked at the curriculum and she already knows how to do everything on it. She adds that "Oh alright I can't make a souffle but I bet I could if I tried".

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
I really wish someone would challenge her about the ethics of buying up all the markdown bargains when there are people without eight Cotswold sideboards, Burberry scarves, Emin artworks, Westwood dresses, sentient mirrors, £400 hammocks and Patreon donations who might not actually be able to afford buying food at full price. Charlatan.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Do you think SB dad has seen the pictures of her food and thought it would be a good idea to send him home with something.
I bet he’s concerned about the livers- like we all are.

• Haha

Silver Linings

VIP Member
Plot twist. @Alansbigplate is Jack’s ‘tech guy’ and has been distracted.

And the two people who have asked her for things in the last few days, the uno momento person gave up and she never replied again to the cake man.

• Haha
  • Wow

Doobots

Chatty Member
I had a little wander into the Trump v Biden thread this morning and I'm still traumatised by the Trump love I discovered... So things could be worse here.

To think, we are the ones having a mini chaos and Jack is having a civilised evening. Little notebook next to her piano, cracking her knuckles, preparing to woo Matt of the forearms back on side with a thrilling one angry finger rendition of the Saturday Kitchen theme song.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59

Flivver

VIP Member
Not that long ago, before the scales fell from my eyes, I followed Jack’s various SM for hints and tips**, she went through a phase of slow cooker frenzy and one of the items she raved about was slow cooker bread. I seem to remember reading that she would never buy bread again after discovering how easy it was to make bread that way. Did think I’d have a go at it but never did.

This was obviously before she discovered the tooth-snapping delights of yellow sticker whoopsie tiger bread or the need for softy soft soft pappy white bread.

** Sorry about that. I was obv a sycophant or psychopath although I don’t identify with either label.

• Haha
  • Heart

Cuileann

Chatty Member
Fraus. Please let's move on. ♥ you all and these threads so much, and on the whole people are lovely and respectful and funny. I truly think you're all wonderful.

On a completely different note, I am crocheting baby socks because one of my best friends has just announced her pregnancy, and it is so lovely to receive news that isn't terrible this year. Hope the rest of the cabal is managing a relaxed evening.

• Heart

Silver Linings

VIP Member
Is BBL big beautiful lady? Or am I watching too much Quest Red?
I’ll take one for the team if someone needs punishing and so the mods don’t get cross. BBL are the initials of a former poster who was naughty. Some of us old timers are getting deja vu.

On topic looks like Jack’s either gone back to sleep or is composing something.

• Heart