Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Malacandra

Excuse me? You know fuck all about me and my degree of privilege- whatever that has to do with the current discussion. My working class uncle's Saturday night pleasure on coming home from the pub was to play Elisabeth Schwarzkopf or Mario Lanza on his Dansette. I'd never heard Schubert's lieder before then and it ignited a love in me for that music that has never faded, 50 years on.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Malacandra

In what way is she saying that her son has lost out? She said that his drive for music was so great, even as a relatively small child, that he was willing to give up all social aspects of his life, such as Scouts, for it.

You seem to have some kind of grudge here which is filtering your view of posts and detracting from the supportive place that this canal usually is. I have shared some very personal things here, as have others, but the fear of being personally attacked like this will stop me from doing so in future. I'll bet I won't be the only one either.
Thank you. My boy is now a man in his thirties and his drive to make art and music is as strong as it ever was, I can't explain how proud I am of him. He is a remarkable human being and who cares about making money anyway?

Reactions: 4

Blurp

VIP Member
Cool story, bro.
Meanwhile, in other news there is a pandemic going on. People are dying and losing their livelihoods.
Sorry for your loss and all but just fuck your privilege and enjoy your glorious music.
>>points coming your way, @SoulRebel.
Truly channeling Jack to squiggles.

Reactions: 3