Jack Monroe #81 It’s like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@TriviaNewtonJohn you are a thread title wizard! I’ve lost count of the amount of times you have wowed us with your words. 88 reactions 🎉

Recap of thread #80

1. She was shocked and outraged that her son wanted to walk home with his friends instead of her. No more 10p potato cakes and cooking scrap bacon breakfasts for him. SB: Okay.
  2. SB FOUND ONE OF HIS FIFTY bleeping COATS.
  3. See @colouredlines charming vignette of their imagined archaic domestic scene here.
  4. Just so you know, she doesn’t buy battery farmed anything. What’s that you say? Red Tractor? Don’t weigh her down with labels, asshole!
  5. She did it, she actually did it. She made the salad bag pesto. The bog of eternal stench in a bottle is just lovely poured over soup. Never has a bottle looked more threatening, even in certain pubs during the World Cup qualifiers.
  6. She inspired someone else to make it. For the love of god, people - don’t keep it in the fridge for 3-5 days, you are harbouring an actual biological weapon and it should be destroyed on sight.
  7. She’s discovered Hansard as a research resource and can’t stop going on about how amazing Hansard is, and if you don’t know what Hansard is then you are an idiot who is not as intelligent as her wot is writing a Big Important Book on Poverty, innit.
  8. The state of her cutlery drawers is twisting my melon, man.
  9. Lucky, lucky Jack Monroe was sent a smorgasbord of skin cream for her sawdusty-dry face. All that cream for one sad little face?
  10. What are your 3 top hacks/tips for focus and productivity? Jack puts her phone in another room. Mostly. (And unplugs her other one in the phone relay race of her life.)
  11. She has a £130-pair of Nike Trainers y’all. Don’t be saying she shouldn’t be spending that amount on shoes. It’s been raining a lot recently and she does really well with puddles, ok?
  12. She really, really has completed the Spring/Summer 2020 Cotswold Co. catalogue. Jackie, love - you’ve got a lot of bloody Cotswold. You’ll be causing a seismic shift in Southend soon.
  13. She had to get up early to do something today. No, no, not This Morning ... perhaps it’s The Photoshoot.
  14. Yikes, mcyikes, she’s had two hours sleep, she forgot to take her medication and she’s off to ‘quite possibly one of the biggest and best jobs of [her] very colourful and adventurous career so far. [She] has to be at her absolute maddest for it.’
  15. The drama! The intrigue! The passion! What could the job beeeeeeee???? Welcome to the Ongoing Saga of Jack Monroe and This Thursday Morning.
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 119
Yay...i loved tnis suggestion.

anyway...back to IACGMOOH....ive just looked at the rumoured guests, is there ANYONE they are NOT consodering 😂😂😂😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Last time I looked, Bookies are taking bets on Eamonn going in...

Eamonn likes his food. The thought of him sitting waiting for Jack to serve up Kangaroo tail is priceless. He is quite unfiltered when not hungry ... imagine.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I'd just like to use this moment to say that @BlendedSlop's post describing something as costing 'an eightieth of a sideboard' in Jack parlance is still making me laugh today

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Obvs this isn’t a cast iron source, like say... Wikipedia.
2CD445D7-81DD-4559-8447-130498F05D97.jpeg

But wouldn’t getting paid a minimum £40,000 kind of mess with her niche, aka being poor? Or will people simply “not understand” that the 40k isn’t as much as people think it is. Because, reasons, innit. <Gestures vaguely around and does a nice distracting chaos>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I really hope that “high quality cutlery company”who emailed her months ago offering her a full canteen and (she never replied) see that reply on Twitter of R Jackie offering to give it to one of her Jack o’ lanterns lytes

What a bloody cheek, the nerve of her! And why would a posh cutlery company want to send her free stuff? Patron saint of the poor that she is and all, proud of her bowls of gruel. They would be better of sending it to “mom” as she has great taste.

Reactions: 28
Day ten in camp.

The celebs had won several tasks thanks to ‘rock hard Eamonn & his nerves of steel’ but were fast becoming despondent at having to survive on Jack’s slop. She would allow nobody else in the camp kitchen.

The camp was fizzing with excitement as the celebs took the thumping big jugs of lemonade, liver sandwiches with lettuce, potted spam & gingerbread cake out of the cupboard along with their bathing things and headed down the cliff-path to the pool, glinting in the moonlight.

‘My mom invented midnight feasts’, droned an adenoidal whine in the darkness.

Stony faced Eamonn longed for a hair brush with which to spank Jack but he knew the inevitable wailing and teeth gnashing would wake either Ant or Dec. ‘Clear off Jack’, he snorted scornfully, ‘or I’ll set my cousin on you’.

The celebs unpacked their midnight feast and started to tuck in. Suddenly a tremendous, anguished death rattle filled the still night and everybody froze. Surely the producers would have heard and their feast would be scuppered? What on earth could it be?

It was, of course, Jack, who had run to catch up after fetching the rancid salad bag pesto from her locker and was now trapped under a rock.

Eamonn shone his torch to see Jack, biting her teething necklace as she tried to wriggle free. ‘It’s my Mediterranean arse’, she panted. ‘I’m stuck fast’.

Footsteps could be heard coming down the path, and in a panic the celebs swept up their crumbs and fled the back way to the tower, leaving Jack pretending to be dying.

‘Get to absolute duck’, wailed Jack, tweeting the tale to her followers as she brandished her penknife at a horrified and very angry Dec.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 119
Oooft. Just had to do a mini grunka as I have been BUSY😳 (actually, I've been asleep after a BUSY night at work). The excitement is just too much. I am FIZZING!

Come on @Incywincy you can do it. I'm singing the Rocky theme tune - I believe in you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Obvs this isn’t a cast iron source, like say... Wikipedia.
View attachment 261208
But wouldn’t getting paid a minimum £40,000 kind of mess with her niche, aka being poor? Or will people simply “not understand” that the 40k isn’t as much as people think it is. Because, reasons, innit. <Gestures vaguely around and does a nice distracting chaos>
To be honest I’m quite surprised about how ‘low’ the amount is considering that influencers can be paid several thousand for a single, minimal effort Instagram post. Though I guess beggars (or C-list celebrities) can’t be choosers and will take what they can get, equally the channel hasn’t got the budget to bribe anyone more relevant

• Haha
Reactions: 25
When it turns out to be a five minute slot on making pesto out of grass for the one show I am going to be PISSED OFF.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
To be honest I’m quite surprised about how ‘low’ the amount is considering that influencers can be paid several thousand for a single, minimal effort Instagram post. Though I guess beggars (or C-list celebrities) can’t be choosers and will take what they can get, equally the channel hasn’t got the budget to bribe anyone more relevant
And I suppose the logic would be that it will lead to heaps of brand partnerships afterwards if they perform well. Look at Jac Jossa... she's constantly peddling her fast fashion tat all the time now!

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
@TriviaNewtonJohn you are a thread title wizard! I’ve lost count of the amount of times you have wowed us with your words. 88 reactions 🎉

Recap of thread #80

1. She was shocked and outraged that her son wanted to walk home with his friends instead of her. No more 10p potato cakes and cooking scrap bacon breakfasts for him. SB: Okay.
  2. SB FOUND ONE OF HIS FIFTY bleeping COATS.
  3. See @colouredlines charming vignette of their imagined archaic domestic scene here.
  4. Just so you know, she doesn’t buy battery farmed anything. What’s that you say? Red Tractor? Don’t weigh her down with labels, asshole!
  5. She did it, she actually did it. She made the salad bag pesto. The bog of eternal stench in a bottle is just lovely poured over soup. Never has a bottle looked more threatening, even in certain pubs during the World Cup qualifiers.
  6. She inspired someone else to make it. For the love of god, people - don’t keep it in the fridge for 3-5 days, you are harbouring an actual biological weapon and it should be destroyed on sight.
  7. She’s discovered Hansard as a research resource and can’t stop going on about how amazing Hansard is, and if you don’t know what Hansard is then you are an idiot who is not as intelligent as her wot is writing a Big Important Book on Poverty, innit.
  8. The state of her cutlery drawers is twisting my melon, man.
  9. Lucky, lucky Jack Monroe was sent a smorgasbord of skin cream for her sawdusty-dry face. All that cream for one sad little face?
  10. What are your 3 top hacks/tips for focus and productivity? Jack puts her phone in another room. Mostly. (And unplugs her other one in the phone relay race of her life.)
  11. She has a £130-pair of Nike Trainers y’all. Don’t be saying she shouldn’t be spending that amount on shoes. It’s been raining a lot recently and she does really well with puddles, ok?
  12. She really, really has completed the Spring/Summer 2020 Cotswold Co. catalogue. Jackie, love - you’ve got a lot of bloody Cotswold. You’ll be causing a seismic shift in Southend soon.
  13. She had to get up early to do something today. No, no, not This Morning ... perhaps it’s The Photoshoot.
  14. Yikes, mcyikes, she’s had two hours sleep, she forgot to take her medication and she’s off to ‘quite possibly one of the biggest and best jobs of [her] very colourful and adventurous career so far. [She] has to be at her absolute maddest for it.’
  15. The drama! The intrigue! The passion! What could the job beeeeeeee???? Welcome to the Ongoing Saga of Jack Monroe and This Thursday Morning.
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.
Brilliant as always! I lost it at seismic shift in Southend. Thank you for the laughs!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Day ten in camp.

The celebs had won several tasks thanks to ‘rock hard Eamonn & his nerves of steel’ but were fast becoming despondent at having to survive on Jack’s slop. She would allow nobody else in the camp kitchen.

The camp was fizzing with excitement as the celebs took the thumping big jugs of lemonade, liver sandwiches with lettuce, potted spam & gingerbread cake out of the cupboard along with their bathing things and headed down the cliff-path to the pool, glinting in the moonlight.

‘My mom invented midnight feasts’, droned an adenoidal whine in the darkness.

Stony faced Eamonn longed for a hair brush with which to spank Jack but he knew the inevitable wailing and teeth gnashing would wake either Ant or Dec. ‘Clear off Jack’, he snorted scornfully, ‘or I’ll set my cousin on you’.

The celebs unpacked their midnight feast and started to tuck in. Suddenly a tremendous, anguished death rattle filled the still night and everybody froze. Surely the producers would have heard and their feast would be scuppered? What on earth could it be?

It was, of course, Jack, who had run to catch up after fetching the rancid salad bag pesto from her locker and was now trapped under a rock.

Eamonn shone his torch to see Jack, biting her teething necklace as she tried to wriggle free. ‘It’s my Mediterranean arse’, she panted. ‘I’m stuck fast’.

Footsteps could be heard coming down the path, and in a panic the celebs swept up their crumbs and fled the back way to the tower, leaving Jack pretending to be dying.

‘Get to absolute duck’, wailed Jack, tweeting the tale to her followers as she brandished her penknife at a horrified and very angry Dec.
Oh my god I tried to stop myself laughing so hard I somehow choked and my colleague just asked me in a panicked voice if I needed the Heimlich manoeuvre. I had to flee to another room to howl and gnash in peace! This is incredible!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Oh my god I tried to stop myself laughing so hard I somehow choked and my colleague just asked me in a panicked voice if I needed the Heimlich manoeuvre. I had to flee to another room to howl and gnash in peace! This is incredible!
Luckily I am working from home and alone so I was able to screech, howl, and claw at the floor undisturbed.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.