Jack Monroe #81 It’s like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Work has been RIDICULOUS this week for many reasons so I've just spent the last few hours eating a takeaway and catching up on the threads.

Happy Friday 🥂

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I love your immediate disgust and horror at your own creation. Like Frankenstein, or that guy who created the nuclear bomb.
Oppenheimer? ' Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds'!
Not sure that this should be in thread about a woman passing off shortbread biscuits as her own creation but what do I know?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Oppenheimer? ' Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds'!
Not sure that this should be in thread about a woman passing off shortbread biscuits as her own creation but what do I know?
Well it is almost Halloween

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 102
What stage of the cycle are we at? It goes so quickly now it's a blur. We're due a mass deletion spree I think. Fair balls to her still having that photoshopped pic up 18hrs later. I'm wondering why she didn't photoshop a pic of herself NOW and not THEN. I suppose that wouldn't feed into the THEN I looked great but I don't feel great NOW...but she also didn't feel great THEN...are we all keeping up?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
ewwww...grubby, sticky little hands.
Not dissimilar to my pet peeve of spitting over blowing out candles on a birthday cake then handing it round🤢 There's my line & it won't be crossed.
We had a lot of spitty blowers in our family. The solution was to cover the cake in cling film before adding candles so it was still edible afterwards.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
I know I'm ridiculously late and we've all moved on (that pesky work stopping my grunka again) and I don't want to defend Gregg in other aspects as I don't know him and have heard some generally bad things, but FFS the correct spelling of his name is RIGHT THERE in this cyclist guys tweet. He literally had to type it out correctly in order to tag him. It's the same line, literally two words before. And he still decided to misspell it. Maybe I'm just angsty because all my life my (pretty common) name has been consistently misspelt by teachers, friend's parent's, colleagues, baristas etc etc but it's not being a twit to want your name to be spelled right. Especially when you're asking for something from the person (yeah I know a tweet is hardly a big request, he could've just shut up and done it) and when they actually know the spelling.

Anyway that's my off topic jaunt of the day, time to take an extended lunch break and get caught up!

Eta I lol'd at him giving Jack wife tips. Maybe he can be her wingman with the next Mrs J? What are his ex's doing, maybe they fancy another round of Love Twitter??
Late catching up here too. I have a very common name that can be spelled 3 different ways and a surname that no one has ever heard of. After having both my first name misspelled and surname misspelled and mispronounced for all of my life and always having to spell it out phonetically it doesn't bother me as I'm just used to it. I never correct people if they misspell it, only if it's to do with something important.

Reactions: 18
Her exact words were "so we made some of my (quickly becoming a Monroe fam tradition) Domino Biscuits."

She said she made the biscuits, not decorated them. I think it is more than lying by omission this time. It is just plain lying.

She is emboldened by the fact that she has her Twitter locked, she can get away with anything and not be challenged.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I would like to take this quiet moment to show appreciation for the valiant 6th rock from the sun who has kept some decent receipts over on twitter. 💫

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
We had a lot of spitty blowers in our family. The solution was to cover the cake in cling film before adding candles so it was still edible afterwards.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no Joan Crawford..
I'd still sing 'Happy Birthday' from inside my hazmat suit

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.