Jack Monroe #81 It’s like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does her pot noodle have to be "smashed" between two slices of bread? Her language around food is very telling. It's all "sling, bash, smash." She really hates food.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I know it's just nit-picking at this point, but the lack of apostrophes in the biscuit tweet is doing me actual damage

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Fraus, I took one for the team and listened to her interview on the Talking Tastebuds podcast from earlier this year (I was making parmentier potatoes - FANCY - so needed something to fill the time).

It's a real treat. Her antipathy towards the American food waste advocate they have on the panel alongside her gives me very 'Happy Mum, Happy Baby' teas and she also accuses Allegra of always being angry in a segment that gets precisely zero laughs from the audience.
Yep, I’ve listened to that. The American zero waste advocate is Venetia’s husband and she is incredibly rude to him.

She also claims that she wrote a seasonal food recipe book before anyone else was doing it, and that’s why it sold worse than any of her others 😑 hate to break it to you love but it was your most expensive book and it was after your initial fame had rubbed off a bit. Nothing to do with breaking new ground, not that you were anyway.

I remember listening to that while looking at my Sophie Dahl seasonal recipe book that came out years before hers amongst others.

Delusional knob end.

No one can be as scathing and receipt keeping as a disillusioned fan 😂👋

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Not one friend has told her what a bad move this photo is? Really? There's a whole Instagram campaign starting against the use of filters because of how damaging they are.

Her friends are tit.
I think the main issue is that she doesn't actually seem to have any friends. She shares absolutely everything online and yet never really mentions any friends of any kind. Rather than talking to people she has a genuine relationship with, she spends all day dribbling on Twitter conjuring up all sorts of absurd scenarios and maladies to make herself seem interesting and get a reaction from her adoring public. I really think all the pity she reaps from sadfishing or the admiration from obviously shopped photos constitutes the only form of social interaction in her life, excepting the (largely mythical) exchanges with her Victorian rascal son when he's come in from playing marbles with the chaps. Plus she must be exhausting to be around, I can't imagine many people would have the patience or tolerance to spend an extended period of time with her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Why does her pot noodle have to be "smashed" between two slices of bread? Her language around food is very telling. It's all "sling, bash, smash." She really hates food.
I'm reading Allegra's book at the moment (It was reduced on the Kindle) and she uses similar language.
I also haven't come across a single recipe I want to make.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I'm reading Allegra's book at the moment (It was reduced on the Kindle) and she uses similar language.
I also haven't come across a single recipe I want to make.
Im not sure why but ”it was reduced on kindle” has finished me off today.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
That's Walkers shortbread. The "fork" pattern is a dead giveaway.
I'm behind again, but yeah. When I saw it, I was like 'wow, she actually made something.' Then I was like 'no wait, that's definitely walkers.' If you are making shortbread from home, you are more likely to have fork made holes than that distinctive pattern.

Reactions: 21
OT but someone posted about Limmy a few pages back. I don’t really know his stuff but this reply about someone wanking to The Bill theme had me HOOTING so I thought I’d share with the Fraus. As you were.
someone somewhere should set that cowboy thrusting video to the bill theme

• Haha
Reactions: 17

A news story that popped up in my Inbox a while ago ( 🔺 alert) but I've only just paid attention to. Were any Novak Nails harmed in this reconstruction?
He’s got a distinct touch of the Novak Nails about him, I still would though 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think it's the back story of when you are forced as a child to eat it because there's nothing else. I couldn't stomach heart for the same reason, but my partner waxes lyrical about it. Horses (teeth) for courses I suppose.
🤢 my mum used to leave them soaking in a glass bowl 🤢 that image still haunts me

• Sick
Reactions: 8
You would not look at that and think greengage jam, in fact nothing about it says jam to me
She said herself at the time that she slept in and completely fucked the jam. That it turned to a treacle-like substance but she photographs it and uploads it anyway and people tell her it looks good 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.