Jack Monroe #8 Grates meats, deletes tweets and when she denies it we've got the receipts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I present to you lovely lot, mince and onions with notions. Or should that be bowel motions. Serving suggestion includes salad 🤮
Hope this is readable as lighting isn't too great on my phone.
"Cook it until it smells like something you'd like to eat." Probably die of hunger first.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I wonder if the BBC and producers did have remit for if the show was a success to be able to commission further episodes of it?

Because she certainly got her hopes up about laughing up her lung should the show be recommissioned so it must have been talked about? I wonder why they decided against it 🤔

I’m also pretty sure that Jack has been told to keep it schtum to any negative comments - as the one from earlier today is still there and she’d have jumped on that 72 hours ago setting her hounds onto the tweeter.

Reactions: 20
Thread title suggestion.

Jack Monroe #9 - 200 curries in her repertoire, but they all look like vomit in a mason jar

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Paul making a better looking curry than Jack ever has 🤷‍♀️ I bet it’s not just the spinach and asparagus that’s different, most likely the whole recipe.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Re: The Fire Service
Surely even back then she would have been able to do a flexible working request. In somewhere like a control room there is going to be a lot of women, and there will be pregnancies and I can’t imagine any of them wanting to nightshift after giving birth.
My guess is that she put in a request, they offered something she didn’t want (It’ll either have been full time hours or part time, the opposite to what she wanted) and then she’ll have blamed the fire service. But let’s be honest, given her father was a manager in the fire service she should have been aware of what they can and can’t commit to. It was most likely yet again another thing to have her victim mentality, the big bad fire service screwing her over.

And was this before or after her dad left her destitute and selling her sons favourite toy Dino to make money for rent? Nothing adds up at all with her. What was with the saying she could lift 15st thanks to fire service training? So what? You were in a call centre for gods sake, not an actual fireman.

Her history bounces from era to era, apparently when she was 20 (11 years ago) every picture was her serving shots or whatever. But she would’ve been pregnant with her son then? As he’s 10 and she’s 31 now. How did she get from jobs and working with her dad to then having no money and pawnbrokers. I’m so confused, my mind boggles even trying to create a timeline.
As said in a previous thread, a Louis Theroux special would be welcome...

Reactions: 16
Poor Naomi.

Her gal crush really is out of control.

I really want to message her and suggest TikTok as it’s bloody full of lesbians chasing after each other, she might have more luck.
Oh Nims 🤦🏻‍♀️🤢,
My brain....
don't say it,
don't say it,
don't say it,
don't say it,
don't say it,
don't say it,
WHAT bleeping SHOW ARE THESE PEOPLE/FANS/STALKERS/ARSE LICKERS WATCHING 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 22
As the series nears the end, I do think we need a lasting legacy to honour Tattle's own heroine in the same way as the 'Clap for our Carers' event …..

Jack Monroe #9 - Clap for our Capers - every weekday morning at 10am 👏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
From interviews she’s given, they would not accommodate her request to not do any night shifts so she felt she had no choice but to resign. I’ve no doubt they could have done more to accommodate mothers but I can also guess how it would affect an emergency services team if some people can only do day shifts. In any case it does sound like she elected to leave without anything else to go to. I wonder if it was brinkmanship or a fit of pique? (Pure speculation of course)
It's interesting. I was an ambulance call handler and it was pretty good for mums and definitely there was lots of scope for flexibility - a good amount of people didn't do many nights, especially if they were well established. That said, I think fire service control centres have a lot fewer staff on so probably less scope for being flexible.

I do roll my eyes when she periodically writes about it. She either makes it sound like she was on the ground as an incident controller or like it's the most harrowing job in the world. Of course it can be distressing (I have a few calls that I'll never forget) but 99.9% of the time, it's extraordinarily banal and most people leave because they're about to die of boredom.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Thank you @Gentlemensrelish, I’ve never undertaken work like that so it’s great to read those insights.

Does Jack get her mercurial sense of the truth from her father perhaps? In a drummed up piece for the Guardian (because David Cameron dared to use a “fire fighting” metaphor :rolleyes: ) he says “we firefighters” are paid under 28k/year. Well.... only if you are a trainee, hardly representative of the average fighter fighter or someone with 25 years experience - and who would be bothered to go and double check that? (The Guardian really should have). It’s an interesting sleight of hand because it’s so unnecessary.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Nothing she says stands up to much scrutiny. The problem is there’s been a distinct lack of scrutiny ever since she found fame.

“I have three freezers but remember I’m a food writer so it’s my job”

Well... every other guest on the show is also a food writer and none of them have three freezers. So maybe Jack is just *gasp* inefficient and wasteful?

It’s curious how she left the fire services. From interviews she’s given, they would not accommodate her request to not do any night shifts so she felt she had no choice but to resign. I’ve no doubt they could have done more to accommodate mothers but I can also guess how it would affect an emergency services team if some people can only do day shifts. In any case it does sound like she elected to leave without anything else to go to. I wonder if it was brinkmanship or a fit of pique? (Pure speculation of course)
Also if she doesn’t even make a living from it to the extent she is begging on patron is it her job really?

Its always been slightly out of control
View attachment 115597
Also finally a mention of her son... has she pretty much done everything we’ve advised here? Waiting for the salmon paste recipe today 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Bootstrap Jack, Tin Can Crap but we love Matt he's a lovely chap!

I think we pay hommage to Matt in the next thread 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Notions is a word pretty much every English speaker understands. Not just your Northern Irish Granny Beatty.
Ah, but the use of just the word “Notions!” accompanied with a sniff and a disparaging look down the nose is an everyday put down in NI (and the South), that I just haven’t come across in the 20+ years I’ve lived in England.

It’s much more applicable to say, Clemmie Hooper, than to a bowl of turgid 5%/10%/ 20%/ it just is% mince and onion slop 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 8
As the series nears the end, I do think we need a lasting legacy to honour Tattle's own heroine in the same way as the 'Clap for our Carers' event …..

Jack Monroe #9 - Clap for our Capers - every weekday morning at 10am 👏
*( for 2 weeks)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.