Jack Monroe #8 Grates meats, deletes tweets and when she denies it we've got the receipts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1587712064924.png 1587712064924.png 1587712165173.png

Christ.

I’m not one for deep research (Sali Hughes ref there) but did Jack ever come back to the point that she thought tinned tomatoes were the cause of her anaphylactic allergy thing? Not sure if she said ‘actually tomatoes weren’t the reason’ or whatever or just slipped them back in with no explanation. Just curious really!
I think it was oysters to be honest. Actually she has so many ailments etc it is pretty hard to keep up.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Planning my life is so stressful. It is my shopping day which is exciting enough but I also want to watch live with you all as my pesky work has interfered most other days. I could go shopping now but can't buy wine and beer until 10am.

Think I'll go at 9.30 and get through the checkout with my drink as close to 10 a possible and leave it all in the car whilst I watch as live as possible!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Planning my life is so stressful. It is my shopping day which is exciting enough but I also want to watch live with you all as my pesky work has interfered most other days. I could go shopping now but can't buy wine and beer until 10am.

Think I'll go at 9.30 and get through the checkout with my drink as close to 10 a possible and leave it all in the car whilst I watch as live as possible!
I went at 8.30 yesterday so I could watch. Then went to a local shop for a bottle of vodka and red wine for my lasagna ( no I’m not using tea)
Probably cost me more but worth it.

Speaking of shoping, mines has got so expensive. It’s up about 15%. Why isn’t she shouting about that. It’s really going to have an impact on low income families. Her beloved cheap beans were up to about 40p can. It all adds up across a shop. I don’t know if it’s all prices, or the lack of availability(so changing brands) or just lack of offers. But yeah. Brutal.

She is unemployable.

I've seen it hinted at that she left the fire service in a very different way to the story she pedals. Obviously there's no receipts for that so I'm not going to state it as a fact.

However, every employment endeavour we've seen her undertake over the last 6 or so years had ended in her being sacked, failing to fulfill her terms or proving herself to be utterly tit at the job. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I certainly would not employ her.
A hint here? https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2020/02/08/stand-by-me/

• Wow
Reactions: 6
So true - and his interest and love of it is completely infectious. He just has the knack of food combinations that are so appealing and appetising - it is extremely rare I don't watch a programme of his and come away with numerous ideas and tips and a mammoth hunger.
Jack's food is more like an endurance test, stuff you *could* technically eat if every single other avenue had failed.
And she never seems that involved or interested in her food, never describes how it smells or looks or even tastes really. It just sits there. Like a beige blob.
I do love Jamie, he is very good at what he does. I know some people aren't keen on him but I think he cops a lot of flak for getting very popular and then being EVERYWHERE 😂. He's worlds apart from a Jack Monroe, I hope at least a bit of her feels embarrassed now for spitting her dummy out like a petulant child and thinking she deserved TV work over him. Incredibly egotistical of her.

As gypsies would say - you ladged yourself right up there girl.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I went at 8.30 yesterday so I could watch. Then went to a local shop for a bottle of vodka and red wine for my lasagna ( no I’m not using tea)
Probably cost me more but worth it.

Speaking of shoping, mines has got so expensive. It’s up about 15%. Why isn’t she shouting about that. It’s really going to have an impact on low income families. Her beloved cheap beans were up to about 40p can. It all adds up across a shop. I don’t know if it’s all prices, or the lack of availability(so changing brands) or just lack of offers. But yeah. Brutal.
We commented on that, can’t work out if it’s because we’re doing more shopping at once or only going to one shop but we’re definitely spending considerably more. There are no real offers on anything. I think supermarkets are definitely looking to increase their profits even more and using not encouraging panic buying as the reason for lack of offers. Agree that’s the sort of thing people who talk about cooking on a budget should be touching on, especially when you have a platform on live TV
My first time tuning in today so will have to try hard to keep up with the thread 😂

Reactions: 5
Ugh. To the red slop *and* the honky-tonk shirt.
Did you notice that her hair was down at the start but then she tied it up? I don't recall if she washed her hands after that, before preparing food...
Well she certainly did not wash her grubby mitts when she chucked Coriander on that pigeon slop.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Look out, lads. She's fishing for a record deal.

Whistlestop Tour, a song? A tit poem, maybe. From 2:50, if you can bear it...

Also, what kind of person sells their own child's bed rather than reach out for help? And if she had a house sale, surely word would have got back to her family and they'd have intervened? I remember her once tweeting about her son, in response to some compliment, 'a whole village raised this child'. Someone replied, 'how come none of them helped you out when you were struggling, then?', or words to that effect. Silence. LOL.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Just catching up on yesterday’s episode and why does she look like she’s about to cry every time she’s reading off the autocue? Also I am from Essex but the way she says cheese “chayyys” is driving me insane

• Haha
I HAVE to watch live today. Haven’t managed a single one yet because as soon as I get a coffee and try to sit quietly for a few minutes all hell breaks loose. The other morning my eldest declared he had broken his foot and also couldn’t possibly do his maths without close supervision, the youngest took his nappy off and went on a nudey rampage and then my husband decided to come out his office and want an in depth discussion about work/job losses/do we need to order pet supplies/whats for dinner JUST LET ME WATCH MY CAR CRASH TV IN PEACE

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Someone with more knowledge than me needs to do the full list, so far I've only done the As:
ADHD
Alcoholism
Anorexia
Arthritis
Is Jack working her way through a medical dictionary?
That’s not even all the As - you forgot autism ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.