Jack Monroe #79 Big mistake. Big. HUGE.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her recipes remind me of Aubrey's in Mike Leigh's "Life is Sweet":

"The menu of the Regret Rien restaurant includes: Black Pudding and Camembert Soup, Boiled Bacon Comsommé, Saveloy on a Bed of Lychees, Liver in Lager, Pork Cyst, Clams in Ham with Pan-Fried Cocke-based Sauce, Prune Quiche, King Prawn (just one) in Jam Sauce, Duck in Chocolate Sauce, Tongues in a Rhubarb Hollandaise, Tripe Soufflé, Quails on a Bed of Spinach and Treacle, Kidney Vols-au-vent, Chilled Brains, Prune Quiche, Grilled Trotter with Eggs Over Easy"

Actually, some of Aubrey's sound more palatable.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Not to be triangulated but I put a follow request in for her on Twitter a few days ago and it’s been accepted this evening.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Maybe she suddenly remembered that she didn’t actually vote AT ALL in the Brexit Referendum, so she’s hardly in a position to pontificate about the result. 🙄
Yep, she should be 'literally hella embarrassed AF' at herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The way she writes recipes is abysmal.
‘Scum.’ Scum - why would you write this in a recipe that you want to entice people with? Also - ‘wait a beat, or more accurately, two minutes.’ Just say two minutes, you fool!
‘Some people are a bit aghast at me using stock cubes in curries’ - what a bleeping shoddy sentence. I hate your writing, Jack - you have no business in this ... business.
@PoorPatrol - loved your post. I have two boys who are either side of 10. They eat me out of house and home but are still as thin as racing snakes. I don’t know what she’s playing at with her small portions of tit for a growing boy. She has no respect for the people hanging on her poorly-constructed sentences. Yes, you, Jack! Be gone!
Why would you crumble dry stock cube into the 'food' then later add water? Why not do it properly and add the water to the cube and stir? so that it does what it’s designed to do? I’d hate to add grittyness to all the other issues with her 'cooking'

HOW much time is she devoting to this £20 bull crap?

She's supposed to be writing a bleeping book?

Trips to Asda/ aldi are taking up hours of her time, let alone typing up recipes, cooking and photographing slop, running polls on twitter, general incessant tweeting, long dinosaur naps, searching muddy puddles for designer gear, and early nights shivering in the eaves. Now she's apparently writing a bleeping blog about her maverick meal planning abilities and I think someone said she is going to craft draught excluders?

Where the duck is the book!?!
You forgot, monitoring Tattle, constantly 🙄

I've been vaguely aware of jack since mum used to send me her gross recipes when i was at university ('oh but darling, surely you can easily store 20kg of rice in your shared kitchen!') and always found her irritating and thought her vibe was off and now I discover there's an amazing 79-thread-long discussion about what a hilarious hypocritical narcissist she is! I am still crying with laughter about the burberry scarf buried in the mud, you are all bleeping hilarious. please excuse me, I have serious grunkaing to do
Welcome 👋

[
She rinses everything, except her nails.
and the bin 🤢🤮 that’s in need of industrial jet washing

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
664C5A97-F81B-400C-851B-84F4165EA7A9.jpeg

groceries.
9DEB4F95-65AB-4DA1-B5E5-9158C623C334.jpeg

2011 you is not relevant!!!! With anything. It’s 2020, nearly 2021. I hate this implied experience, whether it be ‘fame’ or various posh partners that have taught her all these farking big words to talk all proper like
9BA3DE15-8FD4-40D0-89F3-E003410F85FF.jpeg

78212449-A9C7-4C2E-BEBF-34533ECC43D6.jpeg

As has been said many, many (😉) times, imagine NigellaMom responding with this level of professionalism.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
View attachment 257631
groceries. View attachment 257632
2011 you is not relevant!!!! With anything. It’s 2020, nearly 2021. I hate this implied experience, whether it be ‘fame’ or various posh partners that have taught her all these farking big words to talk all proper like View attachment 257633
View attachment 257634
As has been said many, many (😉) times, imagine NigellaMom responding with this level of preofesaionalism.
'plain English'.....PLAIN English?! Errr Jack is a florrid word vomiter, not a user of plain English!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Not to be triangulated but I put a follow request in for her on Twitter a few days ago and it’s been accepted this evening.
I’d imagine panic has set in about her dropping follower numbers.

I actually think she’d be devastated if these threads just suddenly stopped - she loves attention, even from people who think she’s a complete dripping bellend.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
View attachment 257631
2011 you is not relevant!!!! With anything. It’s 2020, nearly 2021. I hate this implied experience, whether it be ‘fame’ or various posh partners that have taught her all these farking big words to talk all proper like View attachment 257633
View attachment 257634
As has been said many, many (😉) times, imagine NigellaMom responding with this level of preofesaionalism.
She doesn’t half bollock on about things no one gives two fucks about

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
When we were really hard up I used to pop to the supermarkets for the reduced stuff, I once got a few joints of meat for about 50p each which went in the freezer, and I turned Mr sainsbury every time I got one out and we could have a lovely Sunday dinner. My oh friends was a butcher and he once have gave us 5 full beef fillets as he couldn't sell them, they went in the freezer too to be enjoyed.

I could never write a recipe, or tell people to base their costs on mine as those were flukes and it's not fair to others to try and do so

• Heart
Reactions: 32
She doesn’t half bollock on about things no one gives two fucks about
She really really does. Also why worry about things like Brexit. It's one of those things that's happening whether we howl at the moon or not. Just be prepared if you do have concerns.

Seriously if money is her issue then just go and get a job. Asda will probably be hiring now because their in high demand and like all supermarkets are pretty secure places to work due to being in high demand. That will seriously take away at least 90% of your financial woes as you will know that on the something of the month you will get X amount of money and you can budget accordingly. She can also keep up her twittering in the evenings.

Reactions: 17
How far are we away from the bullshit book deadline?

As others have said, she’s bad enough begging for money, but to pretend that a ten year old boy is getting a week's worth of food there is dangerous. As we have seen, lots of her followers hang on her every flowery adjective, and might be impressionable enough to think that their own 10 year olds can get by on 200-300 calories a day.

I have boys the same kind of age. Full fat milk, real butter, cream, healthy fats like avocados, coconut milk etc etc etc form an important part of their diets. They’re not on bleeping slimming World! My kids are very active, and don’t have a roll of fat between them, so it’s not like they’re being over fed. Every morning they share a platter of fruit, then will have either a bowl of porridge or scrambled/poached eggs on wholewheat toast, sometimes bacon pancakes, or crepes. I do them a huge packed lunch each, full of fruit, salad, and something warm to go with.

Dinner my kids have things like today - a huge roast. Brisket cooked down with red wine, goose fat roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, carrots and parsnips cooked in butter and oil. They had a home made sticky toffee pudding with cream for dessert, and this evening after a bath they’ve just had cheese on toast. They only drink water and don’t eat tit like ‘maize snacks’. I only buy very high welfare organic meat, and cook it to go far. I buy organic low nitrate bacon, organic free range eggs.

She should be looking for workarounds to get people eating better quality food and produce from the UK/local, rather than ordering the plebs to eat eyelid sausages and low calorie tasteless slop for a growing boy. She also neglects to mention that he’s probably hardly ever there! So she not only is lying about only spending £20 a week in the first place, for him it’s not even a full week. Show me a ten year old that isn’t permanently ravenous, please! I know they can be fussy, but they’re literally growing like weeds at this age and will eat accordingly. When I make a lasagne, properly cooked down glossy ragu, with proper creamy béchamel (sorry Jack, I know it’s maverick), I make a salad on the side, and my kids still have 2 portions each. If I pick them up from school without at least an apple or banana each they are practically howling all the way home. If I get a chance to, before I pick them up, I’ve been making hot chocolate and taking it down to school in a thermos. Banana, hot chocolate. Literally gets them by for about an hour before they’re at the satsumas and plums and getting under my feet while I do dinner.

Sorry, that’s turned into a scathing essay called “Kids Eat. A Lot”.
I know we've likely moved on to Jack's latest chaos and as per usual I'm behind but this.
All of this.
I have 4 kids between 13 and 7. They eat so much. They each take a sandwich and a half to school with fruit etc. They come home, eat fruit and cereal for snacks and then dinner and then supper.
There's no way they'd survive on the few calories she has SB on.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
View attachment 257631
View attachment 257634
As has been said many, many (😉) times, imagine NigellaMom responding with this level of professionalism.
love that she doesn’t correct them Sainsbury’s 👀

also love the idea that any brand would pay to work with someone on promoting..... stock that was left to be reduced? 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 24
View attachment 257631
View attachment 257634
OK, but a bag of stir-fry veg costs 1,50. So that would be 1,40 extra, or 35p extra per portion.

Or in Jack land, you would apparently buy fresh carrot, green cabbage, red cabbage, white onion and sweetcorn for 44p.

She is a lying twit, and this - yet again - goes DIRECTLY against her "you only have £3, no storecupboard" nonsense from...last month?

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Why would you crumble dry stock cube into the 'food' then later add water? Why not do it properly and add the water to the cube and stir? so that it does what it’s designed to do? I’d hate to add grittyness to all the other issues with her 'cooking'

You forgot, monitoring Tattle, constantly 🙄

Welcome 👋

[

and the bin 🤢🤮 that’s in need of industrial jet washing
Bin Juice is what she's going to use to soften up that turkey leg.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.