Jack Monroe #79 Big mistake. Big. HUGE.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How dare she write this. It's actually disgraceful. It's not an imaginary scenario for JM to rage tweet about, people are living in those conditions now, and JM should not be using them to further her own self promoting agenda.

Has she done anything at all to help since the raging of "potatoes" apart from being a cling on to MR and rattling her own tip jar?
Yep, she is a bleeping disgrace and a bully to boot.
And even “Potatoes” was only a rehash of her back story. All about Jack. Me me me.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I’ve found the tweets where Jack was talking about living on £3 per day. It was part of the Annunziata (and Barbara) pile-on (which later gifted us the unforgettable “Potatoes” 🙄).
it must be exhausting being so judgemental and superior.

Reactions: 30
I refuse to go on her website, but can anyone confirm if she did a give away as promised, or is this more bull? (Tweet from Thurs)
IMG_20200928_004350.png

Reactions: 17
I had 3 pound for a food for a day I'd buy six eggs brown bread and 1 litre of milk and stowckwell butter. It came to 2.97. I would have toast for breakfast with butter, eggy bread for lunch and 2 scrambled egg toast or egg sandwich for dinner. Also just so she doesn't get arsey I would use a dab of butter to oil the pan for the eggy bread. I would still have left overs for the next day too

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Can we also remember that this ‘Finding two DVD’s to pawn’ and ‘Finding £3 in coppers down the back of the sofa’ is a total contradiction to her big American yard sale that yielded £3,000?!

Some more inconsistencies;

1) £3 in change isn’t heavier than a 93kg Costwold Co sideboard, but priorities.
2) She CHOSE to live this life. And most likely didn’t live it as her son has a father who was around at the time and could have asked her parents for help at any point. She chose not to.
3) She does not like to ‘eat well’ eg. Look at any of her offerings she cooks
4) She sure as hell isn’t feeding her son a meal of 1500 calories for his dinner. Look at the shite she’s serving up to the poor lad

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
I’m also still wondering whether Jack has handed over the proceeds of her monetised BLM video to charity, as she had promised to do (only after she was challenged on why the video was monetised, mind). She did say she’d confirm when this had been done.
That was 4 months ago.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I've been vaguely aware of jack since mum used to send me her gross recipes when i was at university ('oh but darling, surely you can easily store 20kg of rice in your shared kitchen!') and always found her irritating and thought her vibe was off and now I discover there's an amazing 79-thread-long discussion about what a hilarious hypocritical narcissist she is! I am still crying with laughter about the burberry scarf buried in the mud, you are all bleeping hilarious. please excuse me, I have serious grunkaing to do

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 02.07.32.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 02.09.20.png

@Cuileann Feel you with how annoying her random capitalisation of words is! They aren't nouns, Jack!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
3) SPOILER ALERT: Jack's legendary, maverick shopping technique consists of
folding a paper into quarters, titling each section PROTEIN, CARBS, FRUIT & VEG, STORECUPBOARD then filling them up. Game changer!!!
I think she just goes here - https://www.randomlists.com/food. Pretty much every time, you get an ingredients list that sounds like it could be from a Jack recipe!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Who the hell rinses lentils? When cooking lentils, barley or pulses please skim off the scum as you go. No one ever taught me this / just seemed like common sense.
She rinses everything, except her nails.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.