Jack Monroe #78 All of your food is brown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trying any variation of the words burberry Jack Monroe etc on google as even if she’s deleted it then it would show up but there’s nothing. Pretty much any topic with her name comes up as a tattle result though. 😈

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Further to my comment about Southend charity shops... I'd love to know what parks she's going to and finding discarded Burberry scarfs. All you get in mine is NOS cannisters, empty cans of aldi dark fruits and fag butts.

Honestly HOOOTED out loud at her explanation for finding her scarf burried in a park.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Exactly. I don't have Face App on my phone but it seems like someone does 😂

That's awkward isn't it.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
A coconut and salmon/haddock ...soup? With cheese and massacred leeks on toast? I am baffled by this combination. Just because you can buy a jar of salmon paste for 30p doesn't mean you should, she could quite easily have saved the 30p and just made it a vegetable soup, no hiding required. Furthermore why is she acting like there's a bleeping tundra directly outside her door? She's apparently already bundled up like some sort of venomous Eskimo ffs, just go outside you ludicrous prune.

In the last thread @Blurp made mention of a bingo card so I made one for you all. The prize is not having to eat any mysterious slop.

bingo card.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
Did find this though. Ignoring what it’s about as it’s same old Jack. “She took to twitter to vent her anger” etc. ETA - Waitrose made a mistake but she went bonkers, somewhat justifiably but typically hyperbolic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Trying any variation of the words burberry Jack Monroe etc on google as even if she’s deleted it then it would show up but there’s nothing. Pretty much any topic with her name comes up as tattle result though. 😈
Lol I did this too. I watch loads of crime programmes which obvs makes me a bit of an expert in this area: All the extraneous detail about facebook and twitter really marks this out as ... you guessed it .... a LIE.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
mind you, 20 odd years ago, I was on a school trip to a farm, got some kind of bovine slurry on me, was rinsing at an outside tap when some geese came at me, the bastards.

tit, that sounds like a Jack story. 🙃

I'm not lying tho
We went to Michael Murpurgo's farm about mmmmm 40 years ago? Possibly less but I don't wish to be 🔺️🔺️🔺️ as I'm not in the mood 😂. Some one got chased by the cows and fell in the ha-ha 😂. We got chased by geese, shat on by cows, looked after horses 😍 and did bloody awful long country walks 😂.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I’m actually quite concerned about you after reading this comment! Are you ok?
I looked and it and thought, oh that isn't too bad, soup is filling, more orange than brown, leeks on toast, not my thing, but it doesn't look Iike brown slop.

Then I read the ingredients.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Why does she think it’s ok to (a) post a picture of herself in a Burberry scarf while claiming to be on a strict budget for food; and (b) think it’s ok to LIE about how she came across it?

I’m also taking from this her arrogance in assuming that out of all her 278,000 whatever followers, not one of the poor, ignorant plebs would recognise such a thing as a Burberry scarf. But, they did and now she’s lying.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Did find this though. Ignoring what it’s about as it’s same old Jack. “She took to twitter to vent her anger” etc. ETA - Waitrose made a mistake but she went bonkers, somewhat justifiably but typically hyperbolic.
So which food retailer hasn’t she burned bridges with?
I agree with her point but pick up the phone to your contact, don’t take professional matters to Twitter!

Reactions: 24
Further to my comment about Southend charity shops... I'd love to know what parks she's going to and finding discarded Burberry scarfs. All you get in mine is NOS cannisters, empty cans of aldi dark fruits and fag butts.

Honestly HOOOTED out loud at her explanation for finding her scarf burried in a park.
I like to think she’s keeping fagan’s urchins in business and the lies are just a cover story 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 18
If she'd have said she got it on eBay for a steal at £80 or something it would have been far more believable (although still not very relatable)...

Reactions: 33
All that fire hazard safety chat from a woman whos house looks like an episode of Hoarders. Ovens balanced on top of microwaves. Remember her DKL setup with all the plugs and wires. Sure, jan
My first thought. I still get the heebie jeebies when I remember that photo of her tech setup in the crappy bungalow, a Medusa's head of wires crowned with what looked like every extension lead in Southend. And even with all that equipment her home footage still looked like she was filming it with a potato, FFS.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Honestly I know I’ve read several pages, but I can’t get past fish paste in soup. I just can’t.
stop peddling this tit to the poor. Stop peddling this stuff so Tories can go ‘oh you can eat well on £1 a day, look what Jack does’.
It’s awful, experimental student bleeping cooking.

I’ve now had a hideous student memory of people making instant mash with curry powder sandwiches (don’t copy that Jack -I’ll copyright it).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I will say 'found it on the floor' is one of my new favourite Jack bits of nonsense.

This WiFi enabled mirror? Found it outside my front door one evening! Who would leave something so great outside I thought.

It looked like it cost approximately £300 so I brought it into the house. Looks great in the bedroom. What a bit of luck!

The only thing is, lately ..... every night at 3am I wake up, drenched in sweat.

It feels like someone is watching me. Like I let something wrong into the crappy bungalow that day. Something.......alive.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.