Jack Monroe #78 All of your food is brown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nearly 500 tweets since she reactivated but absolutely wasn’t coming back.

Her reply to the tweet up thread. “It’s not just me”. Good lord the self importance. View attachment 255520
The arrogance. I knew she wouldn’t dare be snippy to that person who works for the nhs & has been homeless. Probably hoping some of her moronic fans fly to her defence. I’d love to know exactly what jack has done (without benefitting herself financially or career wise). She lies so much that nobody can believe anything she says but I’ve seen zero evidence of anything tangible.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Twice now she’s said she’s grateful. As if he’s picking up where she left off. “But what about me? Don’t forget what I did first!”

Still waiting on her £15 lunch suggestions...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
It’s sad but that’s probably EXACTLY what she’s talking about. Why else would any restaurant want her as a recipe developer. Pathetic.
I am fairly certain I have not eaten anything she has created, everything she makes is on my no list.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Twice now she’s said she’s grateful. As if he’s picking up where she left off. “But what about me? Don’t forget what I did first!”

Still waiting on her £15 lunch suggestions...
Yep she’s implying that she did the legwork and he’s standing on her shoulders

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Nearly 500 tweets since she reactivated but absolutely wasn’t coming back.

Her reply to the tweet up thread. “It’s not just me”. Good lord the self importance. View attachment 255520
Looking the organisations she mentions, I have clocked up two years unpaid and five years paid work for one and eleven years unpaid work for another. In all that time I've never heard her name mentioned once despite receiving updates if a celeb so much as thinks of farting in our direction. I expect she's involved in top secret high level stuff that's far too complex for below stairs to know about.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78
The arrogance. I knew she wouldn’t dare be snippy to that person who works for the nhs & has been homeless. Probably hoping some of her moronic fans fly to her defence. I’d love to know exactly what jack has done (without benefitting herself financially or career wise). She lies so much that nobody can believe anything she says but I’ve seen zero evidence of anything tangible.
I read the news everyday. About six times a day because it is my sm and apart from a very small story now and again. I honestly don't see much about her. In fact if it wasn't for here and my friend I wouldn't know much about other than she was once down on her luck, oh and she writes books.

Today I have heard about Rashford loads in many different publications.

Reactions: 30
Oh no, now I'll have to give up my favourite order of an XL Peach & Chickpea McCurry with a side of McCheesy Leeks and a McChocolate Chai to drink. 😥

ETA: when chains collaborate with celebrity chefs, it's usually announced and reported on, and often advertised heavily (good publicity for both). This means:

a) chains don't want to be publically associated with her
b) she once said to Allegra, "you should do a bean burger"
c) Novak Nail

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Problem is Jackie, you can't have been doing that good a job as millions of kids were going to go starving over the hols before MR stepped in? I'm not saying that kinda job would be easy but where are the clear proof points that she has made any sort of tangiable difference? And no, getting people to buy a copy of your book for foodbanks doesn't count. And those healthy start vouchers don't count either.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I'm guessing she's referring to Tattle... where are the receipts where we all talk about dining out at chains? I love a basic witch Nandos as much as the next frau but for a treat I'd rather eat at a local restaurant any day!

In all seriousness a very good friend of mine has this condition and suffers with it immensely. Not sure how I feel about this nickname because it's assuming all people with the condition are like R Jackie.
I am feeling the same. I have some friends with this condition and they have a hard time with not being believed because they don't *look* sick. Similarly, I have friends with CFS, ME with similar problems. They may be ailments that attract compulsive liars or people with Munchausen's because they are more invisible, but it's unfair to tar diseases like that as everyone making it up.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
My bloody dissertation took longer to research and it's only 10,000 words
Babe, same

Can you imagine Jack's recipe for sausage, mash, peas and gravy?

INGREDIENTS
6 x sausages (3p each)
Asda essential cola (17p) - to marinade the sausages
1 tin of sweetcorn INC. ephemera
Instant potato mash
POBP
1 tin spaghetti hoops (rinsed) mixed with 1 tin of marrowfat peas
red lentils
Gravy granules
1 kilo lard
Handful of kale
1 tin Tesco finest sardines
1 5 day old bag of lettuce
1 cup cold tea
3 tablespoons tomato puree mixed with 500ml stock & some tiny bits of carrot

EQUIPMENT
Bullet blender
Slow cooker
Mandolin
Sieve
Chainsaw
Le Creuset casserole dish
Sunglasses
Potato ricer
Air Fryer (aff link)
Is it just me or does this gets funnier every time you read it? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Oh no, now I'll have to give up my favourite order of an XL Peach & Chickpea McCurry with a side of McCheesy Leeks and a McChocolate Chai to drink. 😥

ETA: when chains collaborate with celebrity chefs, it's usually announced and reported on, and often advertised heavily (good publicity for both). This means:

a) chains don't want to be publically associated with her
b) she once said to Allegra, "you should do a bean burger"
c) Novak Nail
Exactly. Why on earth would it be top secret? Gaz Oakley created a vegan ramen (or some dish) for Wagamama & his name is associated with it-is even on the menu.
Did the ‘massive chain’ not want Jack to be associated with them? Could that be because her food is tit & it wouldn’t be a selling point?
As usual, makes no bleeping sense. Scarves, secret deals (how much d’ya earn too Jack?), solving poverty & hassling Marcus like a cling on, she’s utterly exhausting.

Babe, same

Is it just me or does this gets funnier every time you read it? :ROFLMAO:
Haha, the sunglasses are 👌

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.