Jack Monroe #77 Further into the depths of culinary depravity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
So she did know how to make a white sauce THEN, but for some reason chooses to blend oil, flour and cold milk NOW?
I'm guessing that she messed it up so many times that she eventually gave up? Also I think this was her Allegra period, I'm picturing Allegra standing over her each time she attempts it, on hand to sieve out the lumps, return it to the pan, and whisper encouraging words in her ear.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
I'm actually mortified on her behalf that she lurked in the Guardian comments like that. I mean I guess I'm not surprised after her patrolling of the DKL hashtag, but it's so immature.

Also screaming at her property magnet Grandad. Multiple guesthouses, a chippy AND a restaurant is quite a portfolio? The best thing is that it's all from her own admission!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
anyway, I noticed this yummy scrummy gratin was tagged in "entertaining" (ye gods it is) and I thought what else does she think is suitable for entertaining? so I had a scroll.

in amongst the bleak brown offerings, I thought oh this looks ok, you know, there's large bits at least

View attachment 252795

then upon studying said recipe, it concludes thus

View attachment 252796

"make a slurry" 😋
followed by a plea to get her on the telly.

🎶some things never change🎶 🥴
I made this back in't day! It was actually quite nice. Once I added about another 15 spoonfuls of mustard as prior to that, bland bland bland.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
To be fair to Jack, writers for the Guardian are encouraged to comment and interact with readers BTL (below the line) ... just not like that

• Haha
Reactions: 29
No no no no NO

Is JM becoming a... furry?! Tbf might be a societal subset with a lot of Patreon potential.

Another attention-seeking photo, another day of not quite believeing this person is 32 (Jack: this is a reference to you posting like a 15 year old weeb, not your incorrect Company's House data).

Eta: this properly chills my blood too. It seems so sinister?! Like a purge mask idk?!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.