Jack Monroe #77 Further into the depths of culinary depravity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, fat fingers! That was meant to be a reply to the comment re Jack demurring from becoming an MP - as though the world was clamouring for it, the daft bint.

Except I am now clamouring for it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
The Guardian was when I first realised that Jack is an insufferable bleep. Specifically, it was a column where someone had posted about the low calorie content of her portions. Another commenter mentioned that Jack, with her sedentary job, wouldn't need 2000 cals a day. Jack attacked them for it.

Saying that someone has a sedentary job - which Jack does despite walking 20km around her bungalow each day - is not an attack, a value judgement, or a moral stance. It's a fact - but she was so thin-skinned that she took it as an insult. Her defensiveness over her terrible recipes is hilarious.

There are so many inconsistencies, too. The free range meat that has become cheap wet ham. In one comment she says she was banned from the Tory party 2013 conference before speaking - but elsewhere she has written about how she spoke there, and even put the text of her speech online! She claims to absorb criticism and take it to heart? She said that 6 years ago. She hasn't grown as a person at all since then - in fact, she's regressed.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
Omg fraus, what have I just found? 🤣 Under this old Guardian recipe of hers, Jack spotted someone making critical (but correct) comments and replied! Have you ever seen the likes of it? 🤣

View attachment 253082
And again on this recipe:

View attachment 253090

Oh and again here!

View attachment 253094

View attachment 253096
Blimey sorry didn't expect to find so much!

View attachment 253097

Also.. lol

View attachment 253089

Some things never change.
That last comment though 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The thing is, being a call handler is actually really stressful and if she was honest, nobody would dispute that. Before moving on to pastures more interesting in law enforcement my boyfriend worked in the control room and he has really upsetting stories about calls he took and, yes, people actually dying on the other end of the phone.

But Jack just can't bring herself to say this, it has to be the drama of being a firefighter else it's not good enough for her. It's the lies we can't stand!

Also - how long did she actually work for the fire service? Was this ever made clear? Because I'm gonna guess it was 6 months tops and that's only because Dad stepped in and begged them to give her another shot, at least until the end of probation...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
thank christ she's finally posted the recipe on twitter!

she's committed to stealing @Alansbigplate 's bit though
20200924_081413.jpg

much like the fake account finding lard as funny as I do after I mentioned it here... :confused:

whoever's behind it, it's really not funny

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
Omg fraus, what have I just found? 🤣 Under this old Guardian recipe of hers, Jack spotted someone making critical (but correct) comments and replied! Have you ever seen the likes of it? 🤣

View attachment 253082

View attachment 253090

Oh and again here!

View attachment 253094

View attachment 253096

View attachment 253097

Also.. lol

View attachment 253089 Of your food is brown

Another thread title here #all of your food is brown/slop/slurry delete as appropriate

Riso, not ris, is italian for rice, you eau de ninny!
Yet another thread title #eau de ninny! 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Yesterday I made fun of her tendency to write as if she has an audience of people who've never seen a kitchen before.

I just found this:

20200924_093619.jpg

I feel like the Daily Mail. You really couldn't make it up. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

View attachment 253082

View attachment 253090

Oh and again here!

View attachment 253094

View attachment 253096

View attachment 253097

Also.. lol

View attachment 253089

Can you even imagine any other 'celebrity' (used losely here) acting like that? I honestly can't think of anyone who does - and most come in for some really awful things, not just 'your food looks tit'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Can you even imagine any other 'celebrity' (used losely here) acting like that? I honestly can't think of anyone who does - and most come in for some really awful things, not just 'your food looks tit'
In the Guardian, Jay Rayner goes BTL quite often, and so does Hadley Freeman. They are, as you may imagine, significantly less defensive, even when being criticised. Felicity Cloake, who does one of the best recipe columns around, engages with readers too...but no one does it like Jack, 'cause she's a...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Still reeling from her response on Twitter to that poor person whose family have been through such a crap time.

Thoughtless cow.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Creamed tuna on toast. It involves making a white sauce (without oil) though.

Reactions: 11

"finely dice your carrot, mushrooms, and two thirds of your courgette." ..... " finely slice your remaining the remaining [sic] piece of courgette"

Jack, while you're here, can I ask where you get your courgettes from? I too would like to find a 1/3rd of a courgette that can so generously top a Gratin.

P.S. Please stop doing a 'riff' on things, it is really starting to grate my corned beef.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.