Jack Monroe #77 Further into the depths of culinary depravity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That Guardian article ...

She didn't "grow up in the fire service" ffs. It's all insufferably "me me me, my family, how things affect me, how traumatising it was for me when people died horrifically". Such a tory mindset. Marcus Rashford would never.

Also the comment where she uses that incredibly annoying tactic of impossible to disprove anecdotes. Never heard the (nonsensical) expression "military around the edges" before reading this article, but apparently multiple people use that term to describe Jack? Of course, because the military is chock full of people who collapse shaking and weeping at the sight of a misplaced "For Sale" sign.

"I'd wager we probably haven't met. Brought up by a father who was a Para before he went into the Fire Service. My other half, who I live with, thinks I'm 'military around the edges'. Several former employers say the same thing. So do a lot of my friends. You might not like it, but people who actually know me and spend time with me use those terms about me, whereas people who sit and speculate on the internet about my day to day life, probably don't"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Eta: this properly chills my blood too. It seems so sinister?! Like a purge mask idk?!
God, yes, like a purge mask. Just imagine what Jackie would get up to on the one No Rules day a year.

My first thought was gif though.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
And what about broken foot? Or was the broken toe exaggerated into a broken foot?

View attachment 253197
tbf, your toes are a part of your foot so technically this isn't a lie. Well, that's how she'd justify the lie.
Still bleeping rude though
Also, why a stick? Is this the arthritis stick getting used again? Because the 'muslim doctor'she spoke of would've given her crutches, not a stick for a broken toe foot. They don't treat broken toes but would've got pain killers and crutches

• Haha
Reactions: 19
My first thought was The Wicker Man.
1E54107D-DB8D-4E80-92D7-C042B62BCF13.jpeg
I’m next level creeped out by this woman now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
View attachment 252954
I missed that Squiggle replied. Poor thing. 😞
No squiggle, she really doesn't! This reminds me of the heartbreaking Kickstarter comments from fans of Jack who'd followed her progress from the beginning and clearly cared about her, then realised the feeling wasn't mutual - her fans are just a way for her to feel validated, adored and of course get some £££

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
Thank you @lilamay for uncovering this new content! An embarrassment of riches!
<Jack Monroe voice> Posted without comment:
Has she ever came across the word ignore. Most people want a rise out you so if you ignore them and don't give them air time they go away eventually.
Can you even imagine any other 'celebrity' (used losely here) acting like that? I honestly can't think of anyone who does - and most come in for some really awful things, not just 'your food looks tit'
I actually would love David Beckham to jump on the sun comments when they say something about Brooklyn or Victoria with something like "you're all tit heads" that would make my day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
To be fair to Jack, writers for the Guardian are encouraged to comment and interact with readers BTL (below the line) ... just not like that
The poor community engagement assistant tasked with Jackie’s content wouldn’t have been expecting all of that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 34
"I'm all for constructive criticism..."

<insert "I do not think that word means what you think it means" gif>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.