Jack Monroe #77 Further into the depths of culinary depravity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
lunch is not (very) brown! but what soup? you're supposed to be writing, not making soup

and POBP? that's not gonna be a thing

Reactions: 27
POBP is Porcine Oderant Binding Protein according to Google. Oh Jackamo .

Reactions: 39
It took me a second, but i believe it's Plenty Of Black Pepper... see, it's not a thing
Stop trying to make fetch POBP happen.

That looks suspiciously like butter on the mouldy bagel. But of course, she doesn't have butter. Could it be ... LARD?

Reactions: 53
I’ve definitely found my people!!
This is one of my favourite cheat dinners.
Another favourite is spaghetti, stir in a packet of Boursin and top with finely cut (with scissors for ease) bacon, fried to perfection

Reactions: 26
Oh I just love looking through all the terrible recipes on her website. The intro to that sausagne abomination is a very interesting insight into how much Jack hates cooking. Like, truly hates it.

View attachment 252813
...I made lasagne the other night. One pan for mince/tomato/veg mix, one pan for white sauce, one dish to layer it all in and throw in the oven. A chopping board and knife. A couple of wooden spoons. Maybe I made it wrong though bc there wasn't any carnage and we started it early enough that by the time we were properly hungry it was ready so, I think I need some tips from our top expert on how to do it dramatically right next time

Reactions: 20
Is she trying to own 'plenty of black pepper' like we own 'hausfraus'?

Also, #bottledlemon is the greatest hashtag ever and I'm sure it's searched by thousands daily.

Last edited:
Reactions: 42
She can’t handle criticism in the slightest and can’t help herself but to answer with ridiculous levels of not only bitter vinegar-y spite but also unprofessionalism.

She probably thinks it comes across as clever or that people won’t mind, she’s just ‘standing up for herself’ problem is it comes across as childish and pathetic. Because it is.

She thinks she’s incredibly maverick at times, but she can’t see the line between maverick and unprofessional.

Reactions: 22
I mean, they're not wrong on the brown thing.

Also, if only...

Reactions: 38
She was Perpetuating the harmful “u-haul lesbian” stereotype as always

Reactions: 22
Her Patreon seems like an utter scam, esp when compared with the content you can get from other people.

Reactions: 30
Just putting this here for the reference to Jack's grandfather's restaurant, chip shop and his guest houses (plural).
what I'm getting from this is that her grandfather offer rooms homeless people off season in exchange for housing benefit.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.