Jack Monroe #76 £300 mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the poorest of us all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys let's be reasonable. He was probably hitchhiking every day to work so he could squirrel money away for all of the ballet lessons, the £4k Omega seamaster watch and the Land Rover road tax. A true working class hero x
I reckon one of his mates offered him a lift to work once. Ergo, hitchhiking every day because at THAT PRECISE MOMENT he wasn't driving himself

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I reckon one of his mates offered him a lift to work once. Ergo, hitchhiking every day because at THAT PRECISE MOMENT he wasn't driving himself
Ffs he’s not hitchhiking NOW. Stop mithering on about things you know nothing about! My grandad is DEAD!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I wonder if Tesco's are going to ask for part-time covid workers if we have another partial lockdown. I am looking for a job but you know it's a bit awkward at the minute. Still might be worth looking into...
Could she not put her CV in and work when her kid isn't there.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I just thought the same, after reading that little snippet. Equally as humourless and miserable as her dad. The way he talks about fostering, you don’t get a sense of love and care, it’s that same thing that Jack does - INSISTS on being so kind and helpful, but with a constant touch of bitterness about the personal cost. I totally agree that foster carers should be paid really well but those children need way more than a roof over their heads, they need to feel secure, wanted, and loved. Sounds like he begrudges being a foster carer and it’s all just such hard work - nobody’s forcing you mate!! I’m sensing that theme of wanging on about begrudging their self-imposed public duty. Army, fire service, fostering. Not in a quiet, unassuming, just gets on with it type of way - it all has to be publicly droned on about. It is actually quite astonishing how many interviews there are with her dad, and they all circle around in the same fashion. Ostensibly talking about improving foster caring, but somehow talking about him and his achievements at great length. The Apple really didn’t fall far from the tree, did it?
God now you mention it, yes, all the things he's interviewed in really do have that vibe. Woe is me, I only have 5 bedrooms and 7 seats in my car, I should have been given more money for taking in these loathsome urchins.

I think Jack has inherited the worst traits from both parents and none of the good. Like her mum seems really sweet (Jack could never) but quite fragile and ill (cue Jack appropriating every illness known to man), whereas her dad obviously has a strong work ethic but is a bit of a moaner and a shameless self-promoter (gunning for a restaurant and kombucha business after one batch, are we?).

Feel a bit bad saying that about her parents really but it's all public info 💁🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I wonder if Tesco's are going to ask for part-time covid workers if we have another partial lockdown. I am looking for a job but you know it's a bit awkward at the minute. Still might be worth looking into...
Could she not put her CV in and work when her kid isn't there.
LOL can you imagine? Jack sees herself as a general, leading the troops into battle, not a common foot soldier who does the dirty work

I doubt she'd pass a probation period given the chaos/health issues/general unreliability

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I didn't see "metric tonne of cream cheese", nor "pickles" on the stocktake (both on her bagel this morning).

The bagel looks dry AF because it was a yellow sticker on Sunday which means it's now two days past best before date or whatever, and I have made that mistake with those bagels before. It will have been dry and tough as hell. Pretty impossible to eat even without a severe and extreme deep tooth pain.

Poor SB running downstairs thinking he is getting something tasty.

Also, I need some of whatever it is this Jackolyte is smoking:

View attachment 250675
That stocktake thing, I don’t understand the purpose of it? It’s not a stocktake because she buys the most random sad crap so doesn’t replace like for like. The portion sizes for nutrients (of which there were none in said crap) were wrong. So it’s just a scary eating disorder prop then really isn’t it? Recording that she’s snarfed down four donuts?

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I've been working today on some research around the National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage. According to the gov.uk site, self employed people running their own business and company directors are not entitled to the NMW or NLW. Jack is registered as a director on Companies House. I know jack tit about running a company or being self employed so does this mean that she shouldn't be paying herself the NLW?

Reactions: 9
The way he talks about fostering, you don’t get a sense of love and care, it’s that same thing that Jack does - INSISTS on being so kind and helpful, but with a constant touch of bitterness about the personal cost. I totally agree that foster carers should be paid really well but those children need way more than a roof over their heads, they need to feel secure, wanted, and loved. Sounds like he begrudges being a foster carer and it’s all just such hard work - nobody’s forcing you mate!! I’m sensing that theme of wanging on about begrudging their self-imposed public duty. Army, fire service, fostering.
Both my children are adopted and one of them had a foster carer who was such a performative foster carer. It was all about her and her feelings, how everyone was always saying how amazing she was and how she sacrificed everything, and she made her own life so hard making sure everyone could see how perfect she was. It was really annoying to feel obliged to soothe her ego during our introductions to our child who, thankfully, was an oblivious baby and didnt know what a burden she was on the selfless angel among women who was paid to look after her. It must be toxic to live in that atmosphere when you are old enough to feel and understand it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
I've been working today on some research around the National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage. According to the gov.uk site, self employed people running their own business and company directors are not entitled to the NMW or NLW. Jack is registered as a director on Companies House. I know jack tit about running a company or being self employed so does this mean that she shouldn't be paying herself the NLW?
I think that just means they don't legally have to pay themselves NMW or NLW, they can if they choose to.

Reactions: 19
No,it just means she can pay herself anything. Someone with a new or poorly performing business might take less than NMW but wouldn't be breaking the law.

Reactions: 17
LOL can you imagine? Jack sees herself as a general, leading the troops into battle, not a common foot soldier who does the dirty work

I doubt she'd pass a probation period given the chaos/health issues/general unreliability
Imagine, there would be rumours of a ghost in Southend Tesco: “shoppers say they can hear howling, clawing at the floor, and wailing by the yellow sticker fridge, all coming from a malevolent spirit that looks like an extra from Les Mis” says Southend Echo.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.