Jack Monroe #76 £300 mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the poorest of us all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ll post the whole thing, for your reading pleasure.

I’m proud of you, Fraus - she addresses the “five a day” fiasco. Except there’s no way there’s even 70g of kale in there.

Can't believe she doesn't rinse the beans.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
In that blog post she is already making excuses for the fact she can't be arsed won't be providing a week's recipes*. So the poor sods who rushed out to buy the same £20 bundle of slop are going to be left floundering, eating Bollock Bangers all week.

*However, the blog is clearly written for us to address all our points raised here. So get cracking Jack, can't want to see the sardine and onion ring noodle bake recipe.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
LOL can you imagine? Jack sees herself as a general, leading the troops into battle, not a common foot soldier who does the dirty work

I doubt she'd pass a probation period given the chaos/health issues/general unreliability
she would point out how it was all wrong.

Reactions: 12
‘For many reasons...’
‘Tattle spotted my £300 sentient mirror & I’m worried my patreons might realise I’m not poor’.
Or ‘tattle si všiml mého vnímajícího zrcadla 300 liber a obávám se, že by si moji patroni mohli uvědomit, že nejsem chudý’ (Czech)
Sentient mirror :LOL:

Love the image she's created - poor lil ol' me trudging down to Asda in my holey shoes and a little rag on a stick to carry my pitiful haul of frozen sausages

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Sentient mirror :LOL:

Love the image she's created - poor lil ol' me trudging down to Asda in my holey shoes and a little rag on a stick to carry my pitiful haul of frozen sausages
While small boy waits in for the Ocado shop.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
She’s definitely trying to get some sort of partnership with Asda isn’t she.

Reactions: 20

I’m proud of you, Fraus - she addresses the “five a day” fiasco. Except there’s no way there’s even 70g of kale in there.

'or dark green cabbage instead if you wish, fresh or frozen, or leave it out. Ha. ‘Leaf’ it out.'

Her attempts to be funny are excruciatingly cringey, and she laughs at her own jokes 😬

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
the stew is on the blog now. somewhere amongst the ads.

the beans were *not* rinsed! 😲

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

How does she have the nerve to tag that “healthy” when she’s using those god awful “sausages”??
Also, she’s still got the 5-a-day portions wrong. I’m sure it’s 80g not 70g.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
gravy and baked bean stew with rice??? even students wouldn't eat that. not to mention the bleeping stuffing and vinegar.
Its like she's some kind of cartoonish villain who hates food and has an evil master plan to deprive the world of delicious recipes so we can all be as miserable as she is

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
How does she have the nerve to tag that “healthy” when she’s using those god awful “sausages”??
Also, she’s still got the 5-a-day portions wrong. I’m sure it’s 80g not 70g.
80g, you’re right. Maybe when she says 70g she means 80g. In the same way that when she mentions living wage, she really means living wage+dividends+freebies+tax deductibles.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
gravy and baked bean stew with rice??? even students wouldn't eat that. not to mention the bleeping stuffing and vinegar.
I was reading the recipe in complete disbelief that she steals a living writing this codswallop.

A more unappetising mish mash of ingredients would be hard to find. And so bloody wasteful.

Also she has clearly fried the sausages post bake to make them look nicer. Baked sausages always look horrid.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Hehehehehehe. She says that SB may be “developing an enthusiasm for cookery”.

Slow your roll, Jackie; isn’t that Buddy Oliver’s “niche”.
A wise decision. Unless he wants to live of JMs offerings, he's better off learning to cook for himself!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'd develop a passion for cookery pretty damn sharpish too if my only alternative was eating Jack's slop.
The poor kid got a stale bagel for his breakfast with cooking bacon (which at least has 87% pork, which I suppose is better than the sausages). It would have been hard work swallowing that. No wonder he wants to learn to cook.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Sorry to be a snob but £1 for 20 sausages, no thanks!

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Cooper just admit it, you made the stew! Raw and yet somehow slimy rice and all.
0FB13AA9-C5D8-4CAE-ACFF-F60813B7A886.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
‘For many reasons...’
‘Tattle spotted my £300 sentient mirror & I’m worried my patreons might realise I’m not poor’.
Or ‘tattle si všiml mého vnímajícího zrcadla 300 liber a obávám se, že by si moji patroni mohli uvědomit, že nejsem chudý’ (Czech)
A good gentle scrub

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Something not right about this recipe. I can see a piece of celery in the photo but it's not listed as an ingredient? Perhaps my eyes are deceiving me.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.