Jack Monroe #76 £300 mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the poorest of us all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
LOVE THE RECEIPTS! £30k in the nineties is a looooot of money now. Oh Jackie what a shame your dad did the media bits before you could 😳
Her dad is in the media a lot, isn't he?! Like both in his capacity as a firefighter and a foster carer. He's definitely got an appetite for it, plenty of people have significant professional and community roles and you never hear a peep about them.

Apple hasn't fallen far from the tree on the attention seeking, I suppose.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
The absolute gall of her pretending that she grew up poor. Laughable. Get her dad on here to clarify. David, were you hitch-hiking to your well-paid job because there was a leak at one of the properties your dad left you, or just for shits and giggles?

The ex who constantly corrected her was definitely Allegra. That's what you get as a trade off for choosing a millionaire mummy figure, init. I'd have run with it, were I Jack: she'll never do better and she really does know duck all.
If Jack’s dad does come on can he advise the fraus on what we should do now NS&I have cut their rates 😂 Ideally he’d spill the tea on which account took the pennies he kept in his shoes as he hitch hiked & turned them into a coastal five bed?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Her son “ran down the stairs” of the too small house. Two people in a two story house sounds great, even if it’s small. I have myself and two kids in a very small one story three bedroom place, my friend her two kids and husband live in a small two story place, but neither of us constantly refer to our houses being too small. So fricking entitled.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Did we ever find out the allegedly sinister family protection reasons for the cartoon filter? According to her 14th September FB post she was going to talk properly about them “later”?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
This article was written in 2006 and says Jack's parents started fostering 14 years previously (so around 1992) - and when they made the decision to foster (early '90s) they spent £30k on an extension to turn their house into a five bedroom. This means Jack's lived literally her whole childhood in a 5 bedroom house, directly contradicting her account of it as reported by @traumatised sideboard. https://www.communitycare.co.uk/2006/03/09/the-great-foster-care-divide/
Its compulsive. She's lying and she knows she's lying, and that's why she bleeping hates Tattle.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Her son “ran down the stairs” of the too small house. Two people in a two story house sounds great, even if it’s small. I have myself and two kids in a very small one story three bedroom place, my friend her two kids and husband live in a small two story place, but neither of us constantly refer to our houses being too small. So fricking entitled.
Jack considers her total approximate floor area of 1706 square feet to be "slightly too small".

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Was it not only last week* that you were telling us that your son is your infallible alarm clock? When he comes into your bedroom every morning for a cuddle to start the day?

I’m not against bacon rolls, or in fact cuddles. But I’m against your nonsense.

*I know, I know - this is NOW
How does she manage to make a bacon bagel look so crap?

• Haha
Reactions: 47
What stands out with that photo of the bagel and bacon *other than how dry it looks* is that she actually went to the bother of getting one of her photography backgrounds out to take a quick photo of it. JFC.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
Interestingly, Jackie has said she has a similar colour as part of her “brand”. Do you think she sees brown as blue?

ETA her smugness
Why would choosing ‘THE upscale branding colour’ have been a good move for a bootstrap cook brand? Read the room wacko Jacko.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
What stands out with that photo of the bagel and bacon *other than how dry it looks* is that she actually went to the bother of getting one of her photography backgrounds out to take a quick photo of it. JFC.
Obviously taken whilst the pre teen was busy running around in a state of rapture about it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Guys let's be reasonable. He was probably hitchhiking every day to work so he could squirrel money away for all of the ballet lessons, the £4k Omega seamaster watch and the Land Rover road tax. A true working class hero x

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Honestly, the way Jack feels about these shades of blue is the same way I feel about her getting the 5-a-day portion size wrong in her last blog post.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.