Jack Monroe #76 £300 mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the poorest of us all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find a bacon bagel a bit of an odd choice for mud-week too. Don't most people have cereal/fruit/toast for breakfast during the week and save bacon and eggs, fry up for the weekend?

I also want to point out, r.e the budgeting and rent costing 2/3 of her salary...surely that was the case on July when she looked at her financials and said she was good to take on a disabled cat she wouldn't be able to get insurance for? (Until she got to the vet.)

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
I didn't see "metric tonne of cream cheese", nor "pickles" on the stocktake (both on her bagel this morning).

The bagel looks dry AF because it was a yellow sticker on Sunday which means it's now two days past best before date or whatever, and I have made that mistake with those bagels before. It will have been dry and tough as hell. Pretty impossible to eat even without a severe and extreme deep tooth pain.

Poor SB running downstairs thinking he is getting something tasty.

Also, I need some of whatever it is this Jackolyte is smoking:

IMG_20200922_094726.png

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Christ. She's not still wanging on about shades of blue, is she? Like it's some sort of amazing gotcha moment 🙄.
Perhaps she's looking for a job as paint chart colour decider? It's that white going to be called white or whiter than white?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Well, that looks........dry.
Surely even the bagel is more than 17p? I didn't take any notice of her shop, was it all yellow stickered? Doesn't mean that price is achievable for everyone though.
WHERE IS THE BUTTER?
Or the ketchup?
Surely to god Hellmans threw some free bottles of mayo her way?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She does seem to have some quite serious dental issues.
Issues one would imagine being quite easily picked up on something like a bleeping RECENT head CT Scan.
"Nope, no broken eye socket or blood clots but, Jaysus, your teeth are rotting out of your head!"

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I am a lurker and have finally caught up, praise be.

Still pee'd off with the manky sausage suggestion - bollocks to animal welfare eh? :rolleyes:

Now duck off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
A shiny new thread, thanks @Pocahontas

What delights will this one bring? What's going on with the court case? Which well loved food classic will Jack ruin next? Will we ever get to the bottom of the most urgent question of our times, what colour does F&M use on its branded goods? 🤔

Better get that deadline extended Minky

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Her dad is in the media a lot, isn't he?! Like both in his capacity as a firefighter and a foster carer. He's definitely got an appetite for it, plenty of people have significant professional and community roles and you never hear a peep about them.

Apple hasn't fallen far from the tree on the attention seeking, I suppose.
I just thought the same, after reading that little snippet. Equally as humourless and miserable as her dad. The way he talks about fostering, you don’t get a sense of love and care, it’s that same thing that Jack does - INSISTS on being so kind and helpful, but with a constant touch of bitterness about the personal cost. I totally agree that foster carers should be paid really well but those children need way more than a roof over their heads, they need to feel secure, wanted, and loved. Sounds like he begrudges being a foster carer and it’s all just such hard work - nobody’s forcing you mate!! I’m sensing that theme of wanging on about begrudging their self-imposed public duty. Army, fire service, fostering. Not in a quiet, unassuming, just gets on with it type of way - it all has to be publicly droned on about. It is actually quite astonishing how many interviews there are with her dad, and they all circle around in the same fashion. Ostensibly talking about improving foster caring, but somehow talking about him and his achievements at great length. The Apple really didn’t fall far from the tree, did it?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.