Jack Monroe #76 £300 mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the poorest of us all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cant find the original post about scaremongering, but 100% that. It’s all very well and good using the fear of vulnerable pregnant women to make a point, but there are people who will be distressed about their upcoming labours reading these tweets. I feel the same about black cab drivers and their sudden interest in rape culture that begins & ends with uber drivers who just happen to be cannibalising their trade 🥴 If your activism begins & ends at alarming people to further your ends then it’s trash and you’re a bleep.

Also wouldn’t it be sufficient to just say siblings birthday or family birthdays, why has she got to doxx a child? She’s grotesque. I’d pay to be in step mum’s girls WhatsApp groups she must go bleeping IN 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
She really is the laziest and most irrelevant "activist", isn't she?

Firstly, her whole schtick about paying nurses more is, IMO, drastically outdated. The majority of nurses are paid a liveable wage (ok it's not amazing for the importance of their existence but it's commensurate with teachers salary, who do just as vital work - the issue here is that traditionally female work is paid badly), with well-delineated banding, decent pensions, and the opportunity to work bank shifts which are pretty lucrative. Yes, nursing unions are asking for a 12.5% payrise, and rightfully, but actually this should be a general strike in which all traditionally underpaid professions should be campaigning to receive what is deserved for their labour. But Jackie is, at heart, a populist. Nurses win hearts and minds, so she can clap back if anyone questions it. She couldn't bear a chunk of the population to get a raise if she didn't benefit.

Secondly, what the duck is her beef with Michelin restaurants? Not everyone who eats at them is rich, they couldn't possibly be sustained if that was the case. One of my greatest joys is eating out at posh restaurants: we save for it as a real treat. And even if their clientele were exclusively wealthy, they employ kitchen hands and pot washers and waiting staff who almost certainly aren't - what are they supposed to do without jobs?

Finally... she's very happy to be a shouty little bleep snarking about government policies on her locked Twitter, like a big brave girl, but I bet she's an absolute arse kisser in any other circumstance, seeking as she does to work with the government in her "advisory capacity".

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I don’t even eat meat but a wild grouse shot on a hunt by some appalling rich twats has a far better life and death than the poor bastard pigs in those sausages and that bacon she’s feeding her kid. I know what I would prefer.

ETA definitely not defending hunting but how has she got the gall????
Yes, it’s the killing of all wildlife, traps & snares to maximise grouse numbers that are the main criticisms. Totally agree that the grouse itself though would have had a better life (& possibly death) than the pigs in the bollock sausages.

Reactions: 19
I wonder how that worked with Allegra? They did seem ridiculously in love but that relationship must have been a car crash. What was Allegra thinking?!?
So intriguing! Someone suggested in a previous thread that Allegra got Jack rinsing beans in the corner... I think she must have kept her true Jack-y chaos under wraps for a while?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Yes, it’s the killing of all wildlife, traps & snares to maximise grouse numbers that are the main criticisms. Totally agree that the grouse itself though would have had a better life (& possibly death) than the pigs in the bollock sausages.
Yes you are totally right. Completely agree - I didn’t know about the traps etc....of course there’s a whole bloody industry around it! I was just amazed at how she bloody dares comment on animal welfare! X

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yes you are totally right. Completely agree - I didn’t know about the traps etc....of course there’s a whole bloody industry around it! I was just amazed at how she bloody dares comment on animal welfare! X
As someone said earlier-anything populist & she’s on it like a fly around tit. Never actually bothers to put in any effort to make a difference. Just jumps on and off bandwagons she knows will get her likes.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
So intriguing! Someone suggested in a previous thread that Allegra got Jack rinsing beans in the corner... I think she must have kept her true Jack-y chaos under wraps for a while?
In interviews with both of them it's quite obvious Allegra thought of Jack as at best, an inexperienced cook with promise. I doubt she lasted long in the chef job at Blackfoot. Ironically there are good reasons why a chef role would suit someone with ADHD but Jack is far too narcisstic to cope with knuckling down and working for someone else.

Reactions: 36
She was only 9 when Diana died. Sorry but how sad can a 9 year old really be when someone she’s never met dies?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I don't think Allegra was thinking with her head in that situation........... There must have been a sizeable power imbalance in that relationship though. I mean, whatever floats your boat but it all seemed a bit icky tbh.

In interviews with both of them it's quite obvious Allegra thought of Jack as at best, an inexperienced cook with promise. I doubt she lasted long in the chef job at Blackfoot. Ironically there are good reasons why a chef role would suit someone with ADHD but Jack is far too narcisstic to cope with knuckling down and working for someone else.
I doubt she would have had her anywhere near her kitchen if she wasn't interested in her romantically. The thought of Allegra having to sit down to Jack's cooking - yikes!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She’s put her politics hat on, Fraus. View attachment 252041
The top one is like a tit poem. I’m sharing because how can she talk about ethics when SB’s body is rebelling against the tit she’s feeding him just for twitter content. twit.

ETA - Welcome @Traazers 🥳
View attachment 252058

View attachment 252051
<Christopher Walken in a turban saying ‘yawn’ gif>
Wasn't it only the other day she was slagging off any incursions into our ancient liberties?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Sorry for bringing this up again when it is a sensitive subject but I went hunting for a screen shot of a long deleted tweet where she shows what a hypocrite she is.

Contrast cutting your son's sandwiches in a certain way - very serious, worthy of discussion and sad face emojis.

VS

Feeding him that crap meat day after day without any discussion with him around food choices (he's 10, not 2, and obviously a thoughtful kid) (I won't post her comment ag
View attachment 251603
ok, I’m on a grunka and unless I skim read too fast I don’t think anyone’s mentioned the weirdness of this (apologies if I’m wrong).

Why the duck does she bang on about her son’s “agency” so much? Heard her say it on the Venetia Faulkner podcast as well (where she was horrendously rude to Venetia’s now husband).

Such an odd terminology to use exclusively when talking about him.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I don't think Allegra was thinking with her head in that situation........... There must have been a sizeable power imbalance in that relationship though. I mean, whatever floats your boat but it all seemed a bit icky tbh.

I doubt she would have had her anywhere near her kitchen if she wasn't interested in her romantically. The thought of Allegra having to sit down to Jack's cooking - yikes!
I’m not bothered by age differences per se, but 18 years older, wealthier, more respected within the same field, posh background etc etc etc it does feel icky now thinking about it. As the much older and more experienced of the two, Allegra shouldn’t have had someone who was that much younger (and says she’s got PTSD/is vulnerable) moving in with her so quickly, especially with small child in tow. It does look a bit like she picked up a waif in the street and kept her as a pet 🤢 should add that I like Allegra still, I just think that their relationship was a huge mistake, clearly, on both sides. Like I don’t think Jack necessarily fucked it up on her own, I think A was outrageous moving J in, in the first place.

• Heart
By the timing of that twitter bollocks she’d been listening to Jeremy Vine, I had the misfortune to hear some of his show today and now she’s basically saying exactly what was said on there! Yawn yawn yawn!

As for the flying monkeys that’s us, she said she lets them out to go round the block (here) then they are back for their tea...like we’d eat your shite food 🙄 Glad she recognised she’s the wicked witch 🧙‍♀️ of the West in that scenario! bleep!

• Haha
I’m not bothered by age differences per se, but 18 years older, wealthier, more respected within the same field, posh background etc etc etc it does feel icky now thinking about it. As the much older and more experienced of the two, Allegra shouldn’t have had someone who was that much younger (and says she’s got PTSD/is vulnerable) moving in with her so quickly, especially with small child in tow. It does look a bit like she picked up a waif in the street and kept her as a pet 🤢 should add that I like Allegra still, I just think that their relationship was a huge mistake, clearly, on both sides. Like I don’t think Jack necessarily fucked it up on her own, I think A was outrageous moving J in, in the first place.
I'm not attracted much to men my age if I'm honest so I feel you Allegra (!) but their relationship still gives me the ick because of the aforementioned power discrepancy (that always gives me the ick tbh) and let's not forget, two small children. I know I'm a bit of a judgy cow but alarm bells always go off in my head when it's obvious someone is the adult or 'savior' in a relationship. Or when they're shacked up after a week. Looks like Allegra found out the hardest way possible.

Reactions: 23
an adult, with responsibilities, in the middle of the day spending 40 minutes tweeting everything that's been said before... 🥴

and she's off to make dinner! was it the tuna that won in the end? yum
Why’s she making dinner now?
Am being so Jack today, I just had another look at brenda’s page. She’s really sweet and she can cook. She’s got a few pics of some really decent looking food-she also baked. The only bad ones are Jack’s recipes that I posted last night.
Says it all.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.