Jack Monroe #76 £300 mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the poorest of us all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she automatically assume that it's Michelin star restaurants everyone went to for EOTHO??? I went to my usual (non-chain) neighbourhood places, as, I'm sure, did most people.
I love her elective amnesia - remember how supportive you were of small businesses in Edinburgh, Jack? Never would Jackie ever EVER use the EOTHO scheme... now!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I agree with the basic sentiment of her tweets but plenty have people have been saying the same things consistently and in a better way for months now. She’s trying to jump on a bandwagon that is long gone. It’s like she woke up today and remembered she’s supposed to be an ‘activist’ or whatever nonsense she claims

I’m tit at twitter - if she’s locked down, can her followers still retweet her? Can those retweets be seen by people who are not following her? If so, maybe she’s trying to claw back some followers

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I love her elective amnesia - remember how supportive you were of small businesses in Edinburgh, Jack? Never would Jackie ever EVER use the EOTHO scheme... now!
She literally travelled to London to go to 2 places in one night during EOTHO!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Where was all her outrage, hysterics and shaky fist antics 6 months ago when this was all happening first time round??

Oh, yeah, she was lining up book launches, tv gigs, the Helmann's thing, etc. 🤷‍♀️ Most of us have had this concern for other people on our minds for months now. She is a little too late for the party for anyone to give a tit what she thinks.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I agree with the basic sentiment of her tweets but plenty have people have been saying the same things consistently and in a better way for months now. She’s trying to jump on a bandwagon that is long gone. It’s like she woke up today and remembered she’s supposed to be an ‘activist’ or whatever nonsense she claims

I’m tit at twitter - if she’s locked down, can her followers still retweet her? Can those retweets be seen by people who are not following her? If so, maybe she’s trying to claw back some followers
Nope. She’s in the dark.

ETA -
CD03234C-79C4-473A-9248-A152D7F4EDF5.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 19
On the restrictions, they aren't as non-sensical if you think about it.

A children's birthday party of 30 people - even outside - is likely to involve far more close, personal interaction than a grouse shoot on a moor (not advocating grouse shooting, just pointing out it's not a close contact sport.)

Similarly, at a wedding people are more likely to mingle with everyone there. The occasion usually involves hugs and dancing, even well intentioned people may let their guard down in the moment. However, if you go to a pub for a meal, you aren't going around and greeting everyone there.

The pubs are probably at their worst when people have drunk too much as reasoning breaks down, so a curfew that stops friday and saturday night drinking is not a bad idea (especially as getting wasted also puts pressure on health services.)

So the rules may seem a bit silly (the pub isn't guaranteed covid free at 9:59pm and a covid hell hole at 10pm), it's just a case of identifying which occasions, activities and places provide the best environments for covid to spread and limiting them.

Whether this will be enough, I don't know, but if you think about it you can understand what the reasoning is.
Totally agree.
There's plenty of legitimate criticism to be made of government policy (pushing people to go back to the office, rather than WFH) but Jack is one of those people in your local Facebook group who decides that because there is some leeway in the rules that means we might as well do anything now.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I had it when I was at university- Sainsbury’s did a really good instant mash and I was really skint at the time. I’ve upgraded to Rooster potatoes now - FANCY.
I realise I am way behind, but just over a decade ago I had a stop-gap job in Sainsbury's cafe. Every once in a while we'd get asked which potatoes we used for the mash cos they really enjoyed it. I don't think anyone ever fessed up that it was own brand instant mash. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
an adult, with responsibilities, in the middle of the day spending 40 minutes tweeting everything that's been said before... 🥴

and she's off to make dinner! was it the tuna that won in the end? yum

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
I realise I am way behind, but just over a decade ago I had a stop-gap job in Sainsbury's cafe. Every once in a while we'd get asked which potatoes we used for the mash cos they really enjoyed it. I don't think anyone ever fessed up that it was own brand instant mash. 😂
Name checks out!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
#thread title Kombucha Bren-da, kombucha. Oh Brenda, chipo-la-ta.

(You have to sing it to the tune of kumbaya mi-lord)

Thank you for the helpful guidance to the song. Before reading it I was singing it in tune to 'Babooshka' by Kate Bush, but it wasn't quite working for me.

Note to Jackie - Hi, if you recreate the video below, along with 'Think Twice' by Celine Dion, I will do a fundraiser on here to top up your Bungalow fund.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The thing that jumps out to me is that SB's sister is 9.
SB's dad didn't waste any time did he?🤣🤣🤣
I thought that! Then I thought I do hope as siblings that they are close and get on. At least it would give her boy a connection, stability, and a sense of belonging. Especially when he reads online how resentful she is of him.

Reactions: 23
Totally agree.
There's plenty of legitimate criticism to be made of government policy (pushing people to go back to the office, rather than WFH) but Jack is one of those people in your local Facebook group who decides that because there is some leeway in the rules that means we might as well do anything now.
Exactly, and she has to remember that among her followers there may be vulnerable people who will be panicked and upset by her hysterical tweeting.

I have spoken privately to family about the inconsistencies in the guidance, but I understand the general idea is to limit contact without going back into full lockdown. It's easy to rip it all to shreds and the govt have indeed made a mess of comms, but we still need to use common sense. I really don't see the point of howling and screeching all over social media and whipping up fear, especially amongst people naive and gullible enough to believe that JM cooks edible food.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Why the duck is she even mentioning the little girl and her age. If I was that child’s mum she would be getting a cease and desist letter ASAP. Like literally do not ever ever ever bleeping ever talk about my kid you toxic bleep. Sorry, I’ve gone all Lock Stock Vinnie Jones. I have a 100% success rate of people not talking about my kids on Twitter 💅

I do wonder if some of her ‘I’m fake poor’ tit when her son was about one... was a narcissistic dig at the dad and his new baby/wife? Can you imagine her as your partners ex? He’d be like “My ex is a psycho” yeah course she is mate, we’ve all heard that before, oh wait....

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
our thick as tit cat brought one in, dropped it so he could turn round to make sure we were looking at him admiringly, mouse scampered under the sofa. Probably still there.
Mine catches mice just fine but then has no idea what to do with them. Trots around holding them in his mouth, drops them on the floor to pat at them gently. Utterly bewildered when they run away and he has to catch them again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.