Jack Monroe #75 Peekaboo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She made the 'misty eyed' David Cameron comment and lost a lucrative job with them. I won't link to Daily Mail but their headline: Sainsbury's axes Left-wing blogger for vile PM slur: Guardian columnist accused Cameron of exploiting his son's death... but was happy to trade on her OWN child
[/QUOTE
Thank you for the information. Managed to miss this at the time but it’s toe curling to read what she said:

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
As this is going in her book I reckon it’s fair game. View attachment 250060View attachment 250061View attachment 250062
Enjoy!

Homogenous mush. Yummy!
I haven't caught up so it might have already been addressed but WHY DOES THIS RECIPE TELL YOU TO SEASON WITH BLACK PEPPER TWICE BUT NOT TO SEASON WITH bleeping SALT.

Oh sorry, I forgot that courgette and red lentils are famously naturally salty and flavourful - thats why Jack is the professional chef and I'm not. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Something has been bothering me for a while.

When she talks about paying herself a living wage, she always says “a living wage” rather than “the living wage”. I suspect (your honour) this is because her living wage is vastly different to the Gov living wage.

Could be nothing, but again today on a tweet she said “I pay myself living wage” which seems to skirt around the issue of what wage she is paying herself. Idk maybe I’m just looking too much into it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Thank you for the information. Managed to miss this at the time but it’s toe curling to read what she said:
The opportunistic bullying and lack of self awareness in this was, if memory serves, the very first hint that the train wasn’t completely at the station with regards Monroe for me personally. Outrageous behaviour.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

When she talks about paying herself a living wage, she always says “a living wage” rather than “the living wage”. I suspect (your honour) this is because her living wage is vastly different to the Gov living wage.
Ooooooh, Columbo! Very good!

Reactions: 23
M
My mum always told me to start on the sausages and work your way down to the eggs for a fryup.
I do that @Lanie. Eggs last. Cooked to order. But eeeeeeee. The bacon, tomatoes, beans, mushrooms, hash browns, toast, bread and butter + peri meno hot flushes and rage means that sometimes sausages need to be oven baked 😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Could be nothing, but again today on a tweet she said “I pay myself living wage” which seems to skirt around the issue of what wage she is paying herself. Idk maybe I’m just looking too much into it?
She thinks we're all too dumb to know that what she claims to pay herself, and what she actually earns as a Ltd company are two very different things. It all goes into her piggy bank. Along with the paypal, patreon, tip jar payments.
She would not be able to live where she lives on a basic living wage.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Why are you using you personal story (that you know will get sympathy and be immune from criticism) to attack people who don’t eat meat? It’s not relevant to this thread or to your own story.

The choice to eat meat is just as much of a choice as not to eat it.
I am not attacking anyone who eats meat. I was trying to say, badly that some people don’t have choices. Mack can buy what she likes and to say she doesn’t is not true. Evidently so. I am no more immune from criticism than anyone. Admittedly I digressed. My apologies. As we were, folks.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Today’s recipe has been published! Also what are autumnal herbs? If you are teaching people to cook tell them what to use and cost them. And I get annoyed by the pennies spent on ingredients when you can’t buy that amount of ingredient!
I think she means 'woody herbs' which are actually perennials.

I took one for the team cabal and listened to that Improving Lives podcast. I'd forgotten how awful it is to have her voice pumped directly into my ear drums through headphones. She sounds particularly adenoidal and, incidentally, bored as duck though mercifully we are spared from her heavy breathing. The first part of the interview is basically her declaring that her favourite food is a cheese and mayonnaise sandwich with prawn cocktail crisps in. This must be the powerful story the podcast hosts spoke of in their introductory segment. They also mentioned that she'd lived in 'something crazy like 31 addresses in 21 years'. Don't worry lads, nobody knows the true number. She pretty much plays Numberwang every time she comes up with a new statement.

In the second part, she claims that when she was growing up, they lived in a tiny flat and a pokey house; her parents sometimes went without meals because they didn't have enough money to feed everyone. She also makes an absurd claim that her father 'hitch-hiked 27 miles to work in fire gear on the A127'. She talks about how she mainly lived on her own apart from when she would have brief romances and people 'moved in who would discover I was a pain and swiftly move out again' and laughs awkwardly. Nobody else laughs, myself excepted. There is nothing else of worth here. I give it 67 addresses out of 10.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 82
Funnily enough I have an earworm now. The Mamas and Papas 'California Dreamin' - 'All the stews are brown (brown, brown) and the skies are grey'.
I've been for two walks
To the shops today
(To the shops today)

acting like im poor
So folks send coin my way

I'm patreon scheming,
To all the frau's dismay

🎶

(Alternate chorus for the second one:

Aga for my kitchen
Thanks to pov cosplay)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I think she means 'woody herbs' which are actually perennials.

I took one for the team cabal and listened to that Improving Lives podcast. I'd forgotten how awful it is to have her voice pumped directly into my ear drums through headphones. She sounds particularly adenoidal and, incidentally, bored as duck though mercifully we are spared from her heavy breathing. The first part of the interview is basically her declaring that her favourite food is a cheese and mayonnaise sandwich with prawn cocktail crisps in. This must be the powerful story the podcast hosts spoke of in their introductory segment. They also mentioned that she'd lived in 'something crazy like 31 addresses in 21 years'. Don't worry lads, nobody knows the true number. She pretty much plays Numberwang every time she comes up with a new statement.

In the second part, she claims that when she was growing up, they lived in a tiny flat and a pokey house; her parents sometimes went without meals because they didn't have enough money to feed everyone. She also makes an absurd claim that her father 'hitch-hiked 27 miles to work in fire gear on the A127'. She talks about how she mainly lived on her own apart from when she would have brief romances and people 'moved in who would discover I was a pain and swiftly move out again' and laughs awkwardly. Nobody else laughs, myself excepted. There is nothing else of worth here. I give it 67 addresses out of 10.
Thaaaaats Numberwang! HOOTING!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I took one for the team cabal and listened to that Improving Lives podcast. I'd forgotten how awful it is to have her voice pumped directly into my ear drums through headphones. She sounds particularly adenoidal and, incidentally, bored as duck though mercifully we are spared from her heavy breathing.
I listened too, because clearly I am incapable of learning from my mistakes.

I thought the podcast chaps were in stark contrast to Jack; they clearly want to help people and have their own *current* experiences trying to navigate the benefits system, which lends them an insight that Jack just does not have.

The crisp chat was just weird, though.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I bleeping hate the way she uses the word “scampering “. Makes me cringe.
The only time I use the word legitimately is to describe the way my fluff ball Grace runs - front legs up in the air together and off she goes. None of the other dogs do this but somehow the word suits her. Jock Aye The Noo, not so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Still grunka-ing, but Vlad keeps sending me adverts for a lactose intolerance pill and alcohol free hand sanitiser 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I am not attacking anyone who eats meat. I was trying to say, badly that some people don’t have choices. Mack can buy what she likes and to say she doesn’t is not true. Evidently so. I am no more immune from criticism than anyone. Admittedly I digressed. My apologies. As we were, folks.
I don't think you need to apologise for anything, @Candytuft x

• Heart
Reactions: 57
But 2/3rds of living wage is peanuts! She’s got an absolute bargain there
I’m behind so it probably already been said, but even at London ‘living wage’ level I make that she’s paying just over £1100/month for a 3-bed HOUSE . That may be slightly spendy for the sticks but you wouldn’t even get a shoebox for that in some places

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.