Jack Monroe #75 Peekaboo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So many things to say, but let's just address that she doesn't need "Asda plant-based mince" to make things vegan and nutritious. Lentils and textured soy protein work well and are cheaper. And buying crappy cheap meat but not eating it yourself doesn't make an ethical choice. The point is you financially supported industrial animal agriculture and also failed in teaching your kid about responsible consumption. But you all know this... 🙄
Too sensible. Too nuanced. She's the most ethical of beings, the guardian of ephemera, the sober conscience of kumbucha. Now duck off, with all your logic and reason.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
May I suggest a gentle 30 min TV watching on C4. NOW! That Man is on! I am making his prawn stuffed salmon fillets (for me) and steak and chips (for The Lads) for Mr Boo's Birthday dinner. Why so late, you may ask...Because the poor fucker is on a late shift 😂.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
You just have to Google "lapsang souchong kombucha" to find she hasn't invented it. So maybe they will all "come for you" Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Bloody hell, the grandiosity. She makes her own kombucha, like many other people do every day, but *of course* hers is exceptional and market ready as a faux whisky. How can she have such a high opinion of herself and everything she does?? It’s extraordinary.
The narcissism is strong with this one hmmm

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Bloody hell, the grandiosity. She makes her own kombucha, like many other people do every day, but *of course* hers is exceptional and market ready as a faux whisky. How can she have such a high opinion of herself and everything she does?? It’s extraordinary.
She is our very own Trump

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Mirror confession:

I have one of those ones that you plug in and has lights around it, cos I wanted to feel like a 50s movie star.

I never use it because it has a 7x magnification bit on it and I'm not emotionally strong enough to see myself that close up 😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
On June 24th (the day we were graced with Jackie's presence), she said she had 8,000 pages of Google docs saved. That was thread 31, so if she's carried on at the same rate, she'll be up to around 20,000 pages by now!
Imagine the library of Babel Tattle, just endless shelves and shelves of books in sections labelled "horse spunk jokes" "frau recipes" "novak nail: origins in text and examples of usage in memetic form"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
*New Book release*

Jack Monroe’s MustTryHarder - How to make bland food on a middle class budget! By Jack Monroe

Just check out what others have been saying about it..

“A seminal piece of work” - Jack Monroe, TV presenter.

“Who knew it was possible to create such culinary delights on such a shoestring, or should I say ‘bootstrap’..LOL!” Jack Monroe, Fire Service.

“Incredible food. And it’s amazing how she finds the time, I’ve heard she’s really BUSY” - Jack Monroe, stripper.

“Jamie Oliver eat your heart out” - Jack Monroe, political commentator.

“Food for all the family” - Jack Monroe, mother.

etc etc...
Next book:

Jack Munroe Foodish (like food, but not really, more like that stuff in your fridge drain).

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
May I suggest a gentle 30 min TV watching on C4. NOW! That Man is on! I am making his prawn stuffed salmon fillets (for me) and steak and chips (for The Lads) for Mr Boo's Birthday dinner. Why so late, you may ask...Because the poor fucker is on a late shift 😂.
I made his sausage pie on Sunday, a vegan version I might add (100%) and it was incredible!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
She started making it, like, LAST WEEK! But already she's made a product ready to go on the market, she's probably having a wee lie down fantasising about some major Alcohol free Skinny Girl Margarita multi million deal as we speak, all she actually cares about is 💰💰💰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Also, what kind of alleged ex-vegan forgets to not fry their veg in lard?

Who fries veg in lard anyway?
Been vegan for a good time before it became hip. Can confirm lentils are way better and cheaper. Our monthly average food shop is around £22 per week.

Reactions: 30
Mirror confession:

I have one of those ones that you plug in and has lights around it, cos I wanted to feel like a 50s movie star.

I never use it because it has a 7x magnification bit on it and I'm not emotionally strong enough to see myself that close up 😳
I'm a big fan of vintage mirrors. You know, the ones that have a film you can't get rid of. I only allow those in the house.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I'm surprised she's not tweeting the Scottish Whisky Association about her vinegar tea.

A peaty isles malt? Gott in Himmel! That's like saying Sunny Delight tastes like a vintage Dom Perignon.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I am absolutely fuming.

I have that jar for cat treats :cry::cry::cry:

It's only a matter of time before I'm guzzling horse spunk lasagna and adorning my body with fake wounds.
I'm in the past here, true to my name I'm on the Grunka Express™️ but I wanted to shout forward, through a wormhole to say @Geetbo I feel your pain. Back when Jack got her new Smeg, she posted an interior shot and I was DEVASTATED to discover that I had the same butter dish as her 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.