Jack Monroe #75 Peekaboo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 250142
Still twatting on, batting back genuine concern from others that itā€™s not actually alcohol free and that sheā€™s monitoring it.

70ish (English) tweets today.
I hope these people heā€™s reached out to are like ā€˜Jack Monroe? That bleeping monstrosity of a lying twitter shambles? Get to absolute duck xā€™

It is a hen that was open to collab partnerships from serious (and SEVERE) enquirers.
It appears to have some extra bones in its feeeeeeet

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Ooh. Kombucha with a hint of fear from the roulette of Cereus Bacillus poisoning from toasted and fermented rice. Excellent.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
I hope these people heā€™s reached out to are like ā€˜Jack Monroe? That bleeping monstrosity of a lying twitter shambles? Get to absolute duck xā€™
Youā€™d have to think that any chance of a ā€œcollabā€ (bleurgh) absolutely anywhere is now very remote. She shot herself in the foot with Sainsburyā€™s, is a twitter (and therefore reputational ) nightmare and any background research will quickly uncover The Mavens. Anyone with any sense will give her a wide berth, esp where their own money is concerned

Reactions: 22
Has one go at making kombucha and is now an expert looking for mass production.

I made one good curry so really open to the BashmentLady chain of curryhouses opening up across Europe. Any dear heart investors dm me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Didn't she say when she moved in to the crappy bungalow, it was the first place she had lived where she got to design the kitchen? So why did she chose a tiny crappy electric oven?
It's one of those portable ones, it's been pictured in the past, it lives on top of her microwave in a very unstable (wobbly) stack.

I have no idea why the proper oven in the kitchen doesn't work properly, Surely her landlord should sort it out for her?

Reactions: 21
Youā€™d have to think that any chance of a ā€œcollabā€ (bleurgh) absolutely anywhere is now very remote. She shot herself in the foot with Sainsburyā€™s, is a twitter (and therefore reputational ) nightmare and any background research will quickly uncover The Mavens. Anyone with any sense will give her a wide berth, esp where their own money is concerned
a quick google ā€˜Jack Monroe kombuchaā€™ ā€˜Jack Monroe alcoholā€™ and itā€™s a no-no surely

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I wish I had the deluded self-confidence to reach out to industry experts after making a batch of darjeeling vinaigrette

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Has one go at making kombucha and is now an expert looking for mass production.

I made one good curry so really open to the BashmentLady chain of curryhouses opening up across Europe. Any dear heart investors dm me.
Look she just plays piano by ear, bashes out recipes that work first time, slays dragons, conquers fears and now is ready to release the first ever mom alcoholic whiskey I donā€™t know why you lot keep mithering on about things you know nothing about

ETA Iā€™m leaving that mother bleeping typo in because LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 69
So many things to say, but let's just address that she doesn't need "Asda plant-based mince" to make things vegan and nutritious. Lentils and textured soy protein work well and are cheaper. And buying crappy cheap meat but not eating it yourself doesn't make an ethical choice. The point is you financially supported industrial animal agriculture and also failed in teaching your kid about responsible consumption. But you all know this... šŸ™„

• Heart
Reactions: 52
It's one of those portable ones, it's been pictured in the past, it lives on top of her microwave in a very unstable (wobbly) stack.

I have no idea why the proper oven in the kitchen doesn't work properly, Surely her landlord should sort it out for her?
What, her Dad?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
But.... thereā€™s already alcohol free whiskey out there? Why does Jack always say sheā€™s invented something without at the very least doing a 1 minute google search šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Deliberately destroying the economy benefits the rich, as when it crashes, they can buy up everything for cheap.

Another side of the same coin, if they know they are going to cause a hyperinflation, they can buy up sticks and shares before it happens, then sell them.
ah yes. Good old disaster capitalism. I'm sure JRMs dad wrote the book on that. Still don't think they want our economy to tank though. Maybe Jack's AF whiskey was foretold and Boris needs to stop the prophesy from coming true.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
But.... thereā€™s already alcohol free whiskey out there? Why does Jack always say sheā€™s invented something without at the very least doing a 1 minute google search šŸ™„
But there isnā€™t alcohol free whiskey made by Jack out there.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She's such a pauper!

Her oven looks like a Belling, so around Ā£650-Ā£700. The only freestanding brands that are dearer are Stoves, Smegs and some fancy brand I've never heard of(going by Ao.com, I've not looked on John Lewis!). It's not a crappy little oven, it's still a fairly decent one. Dearer than mine, yet even mine isn't a crappy little one either.

Seriously, what does she want out of life other than the most expensive, materialistic crap?
She doesn't use that one, she uses a plug in portable one

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I think I have been šŸ”ŗļø. I made a sausage and bean stew this evening. It was really nice. I didn't think to fry my sausages or veg in lard though. I did actually fry some Linda McCartney ones in lard once, just because I was feeling rebellious. They were still disappointing.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.