Jack Monroe #75 Peekaboo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She got over a thousand likes for a toastie 🥴

And MORE Cotswolds Company stuff just says to me she has no style. Everything she owns is just a bland-ass aesthetic but expensive - she's so rich that she can just throw money at a brand she likes without having to use any imagination on what might go well in the room, and finding the right piece for a good price. How boring it must be to be like that. She values luxury over identity - I am SHOOKETH.
I just think that's totally weird. Yes, I have favourite shops - always check BHS for lighting first for example - but my house is a mixture of inherited, bought at auction or on Gumtree, upcycled, and a couple of big stores (eg bed and sofas) furniture. Same with pictures. It might not be Ideal Home or even Insta worthy but it's ME.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Didn’t she do a hoard of cupboard food etc (but slowly 🙄) to prepare for brexit but then just before Covid Louisa made her give it all away?

I mean it all sounds like bullshit which it is to suit whatever her narrative is at the current moment in time.
She wrote a whole blogpost about what she was stockpiling for Brexit. But that was THEN and she's anti stockpiling NOW.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I've finally caught up with this thread and the last one. What. A. Ride. I have been HOOTING.
I won't say anything about her social media shenanigans as you've all said it already much more hilariously than I could. But I will say, credit where it's due, a biscuit tin in the bedroom is bloody genius. I'm getting one.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
She really does ask to be shown up when she posts ‘candid’ shots from her bedroom. £300 mirror from Harrod’s! £249 Cotswold drawer thing! Ch-ching, ch-ching! Only the Asda cookie jar fits your narrative Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I am absolutely fuming.

I have that jar for cat treats :cry::cry::cry:

It's only a matter of time before I'm guzzling horse spunk lasagna and adorning my body with fake wounds.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 59
This is why I struggle with the 'Poor Louisa' narrative.
To me, she is wholly complicit in Jackie's antics. She is an incredibly intelligent (and powerful) woman who is the Head of C4's news and Current Affairs.
She has at the very least enabled her. She knows what she is doing.
Totally agree. They don't have any shared things like a child or pet that might otherwise mean you have to keep in contact with an ex. There's no need, and L is as much a crappy enabler as the rest of the Jackolytes. You can almost understand her folks and SB dad keeping her sweet to see SB, as I'd imagine no contact with him would be used as a threat, but an ex, why would you?

Reactions: 29
I'm now saying 'TAMPONS? In a PINEAPPLE?' in my 'TRAAZERS? On a BIRD?' voice.
Genuinely did an accidental hoot at this. The dog's worried/excited by it 🤣🤣

Totally agree. They don't have any shared things like a child or pet that might otherwise mean you have to keep in contact with an ex. There's no need, and L is as much a crappy enabler as the rest of the Jackolytes. You can almost understand her folks and SB dad keeping her sweet to see SB, as I'd imagine no contact with him would be used as a threat, but an ex, why would you?
Yeah, I agree here. I've been readjusting my view of her based on her continuing interactions with this stuff.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I was thinking this! Like, I have a very definite preference for mid-century modern furniture (which I stress pre-dates wankers on Instagram stripping and repainting Ercol furniture and harks back to my Gran's sideboard which I inherited and have decorated the entire (RENTED) flat around), but the real joy of it is trawling charity shops and e-bay to find cool stuff which matches the general borderline-hideous aesthetic on a tight budget.

Obviously I'd bleeping love to have Jack levels of money to chuck at decoration but even if I did I wouldn't just go for a totally homogeneous look throughout for as much money as possible.

Girl needs a clear out and yard sale. Maybe she could close down her Patreon with the vast proceeds.
yes to all of this!! Also it’s utterly joyless just filling your home with expensive tit for the sake of it? Also the price of Cotswolds co honestly isn’t that far off getting stuff custom made for your space. I mentioned that DIY group on the F&D thread but so many people are upcycling pine units to that aesthetic so I don’t understand why she would pay premium prices when it’s wholly achievable on a budget? Then spend your big bucks where it truly adds value eg vintage furniture, art, or tuition for ur kid?!

Also casa del HTRIA has been smart home-ified, it was a bizarre project my husband ran with, but I’m telling you now if he came home with that mirror I would go bleeping ballistic 😂 £300?!!! It’d still be tat if it was £30 - just get a lit mirror and an arm for your GoPro?!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
We have a big orange pine wardrobe (90s spectacular) that I'm dying to paint over. You're right, when redone in the colours you like, it's totally that kind of look you get from Cotswold stuff. We have one item from there, I'm kind of embarrassed to say, but furnishing multiple rooms with it is really strange to me. It's like trying to find your personality or style from *stuff*. Our house is an acquired taste, I'd say, strong/dark colours, sort of mish mash of what we like. But IMO that's what makes your home yours. I don't expect everyone to like it nor do I care if they do or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I am new to Tattle. Should I follow the Jack Monroe threads from the start, or just pick up the threads on this one? 😂

I must admit I find JM a bit of an oddball. She has been very much favoured by the luvvies, lefties and everything in between. I don’t follow her on Twitter because, from what I’ve seen of her tweets, they can be inflammatory and I don’t go on Twitter for that shite.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
For a foodie, who hasn't been on her uppers financially I am fascinated by the fact she is claiming to not have much food in the house. I understand when she was broke she would live from tin to tin but why is she suggesting on twitter now that she is doing the same? Surely when Louisa was there they would have stocked cupboards that had various staples such as herbs and spices. I dont understand how she is now back to budgeting, buy the basic ranges and implying they dont have much else in the cupboards.
So she can scam people into believing she is poor so they send her money and crowd fund a house for her.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I am new to Tattle. Should I follow the Jack Monroe threads from the start, or just pick up the threads on this one? 😂

I must admit I find JM a bit of an oddball. She has been very much favoured by the luvvies, lefties and everything in between. I don’t follow her on Twitter because, from what I’ve seen of her tweets, they can be inflammatory and I don’t go on Twitter for that shite.
Both!
I used to have 2 tabs open. One for the current threadand one for Grunkaling along x
If you do decide to skip ahead you must at least read Tread #31 where St Jackie graced us with her presence x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

Read thread #31. Otherwise I'd probably stick to @Pocahontas' excellent updates at the start and just read those.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.