Jack Monroe #75 Peekaboo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just caught up on the past twenty four hours, what a (chemical) rollercoaster. It must have been quite the scene in the crappy bungalow once she realised she'd been rumbled, furiously refreshing on here and her multiple twitter accounts with her Smart Price sausage fingers, going from phone to phone to phone trying to cover her tracks, wailing like a banshee and cursing @Veronicaaa in her adenoidal whine.

I was interested to see she even has another book lined up after this one - that she is definitely writing and will surely materialise on time - which got me thinking about other books she is qualified to write. Anyone else got any suggestions?

View attachment 248850
So funny! Why does Matt look so aggrieved? Is he in charge of the harvest?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I was interested to see she even has another book lined up after this one - that she is definitely writing and will surely materialise on time - which got me thinking about other books she is qualified to write. Anyone else got any suggestions?
For her upcoming autobiography:

Memoirs of a Geisha mink with an ouchy mouth

Screenshot 2020-09-20 at 22.19.26.png

(ETA this is all fiction, m'lud — the cover, the Matt Haig quote and, presumably, the contents within)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101
@Pocahontas - your recaps are a thing of beauty but “Jack, Jack - I have a raw egg, a tin of marrow fat peas and a chicken’s foot (singular). HALP.“ has actually caused me to cry proper ugly laughing tears 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
What a day! I wasn’t around when jack showed up but I can now tell my grandkids I was around for the great uncovering of peeky mink :LOL:

I’ve been looking after an ill parent last couple of weeks but the cabal has kept me entertained. Special shout out to the photoshopping skills, such talented Frau

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
Ugh. Nice for her kid, isn't it? Not being worth decent food, as any old tit will do for him. Unless he's about to be given tit sausages for seven days, the most nutrition/protein he's going to get is half a tin of beans (rinsed? Not this time, she's bought cannellini as well) and some lunch meat.

duck all vitamin D there, a reasonable amount of C from the fruit and veg, very little B complex, negligible calcium, duck all zinc, sod all A and practically zero fibre. A lot of fat, salt and sugar, though.

Hope he gets fed better somewhere else for most of the week

1600636907302.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
@Pocahontas - your recaps are a thing of beauty but “Jack, Jack - I have a raw egg, a tin of marrow fat peas and a chicken’s foot (singular). HALP.“ has actually caused me to cry proper ugly laughing tears 😂
I’m guessing dear heart @Pocahontas took inspiration from the glory days of MOD & FOD, who were so fashionable and cool that they didn’t wear two shoes, so it was ‘wear this with a boot, or a trainer’. They loved a bit of the singular, well MOD did!

RIP mother and father of daughters. Not that they’ve died of course, just died in Instagram grifting terms. Which is WORSE! 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Dear Frauen

This is not the first time that perhaps Jackie has been found out to be masquerading as someone else on Twitter, you may remember back on thread #51 there were discoveries, as recapped here by the wonderful @Pocahontas . Remember “Chas” was following quite a few suspected Tattlers and discovered by our old planetary friend 🪐

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
What a day. I’ve hooted out loud many a time while catching up with the last thread. Only darling Jack would have such an obvious alt account :rolleyes:.

But what I don’t understand in amongst JMs cosplaying at being poor is her constant assumption that all low income families don’t know how to cook or want to eat tit food (as in her weird concoctions). It’s the old assumption that income/wealth equals intelligence when we all know that’s not true. Also presumptuous on her part to think low income families don’t have the skills to cook/stretch out food when it’s a daily reality.

I’m sure there are some who would appreciate some education/guidance around food but she’s hardly providing any is she, other than ‘blitz it all in a nutribullet’? She’s not offering anything practical to help people day to day.

Also why is she bragging about feeding her child that food when for many people it’s their reality? They don’t have a choice and are trying their best with what they have. They don’t get to play pretend for a week before booking their M&S Ocado shopping.

Appreciate this isn’t adding anything new to what others have already said but it just doesn’t sit right. It’s like some weird white saviour thing in another guise.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Dear Frauen

This is not the first time that perhaps Jackie has been found out to be masquerading as someone else on Twitter, you may remember back on thread #51 there were discoveries, as recapped here by the wonderful @Pocahontas . Remember “Chas” was following quite a few suspected Tattlers and discovered by our old planetary friend 🪐
Yes! She certainly has form. I’m imagining her removing and replacing Twitter heads like Worzel Gummindge.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Is there a way to know how many people/individual accounts view Jack’s threads?

I’m so curious to know if we have more lurkers on top of the regular posters and how many of us there are. Really wish I could do a head count.

Like if you lurk!
This doesn`t answer your question directly but as I mentioned previously, I discovered Tattle around the time of DKL.
Can`t remember exact details but I had followed Mackie McMink for a while on Twitter. The thing is, I didn`t really look at Twitter much until lockdown.
I became aware of the JO outburst and I think, that's what made me look further. Frankly it`s all a bit blurred. Until then I thought Jack was a good person who was out to help people, rather than just herself. I hadn`t bought any of her books but did praise her to friends and suggest they get them from the library.

I`ve had my own issues with MH in the past, especially with depression and a tendency to border on agoraphobia so lockdown was tough at times. Of course I`m not alone in that but it felt like I was part of a community, even though I wasn`t directly participating in it.
I loved it when you went off topic and even bought vegan cheese for my partner on the cabals recommendation 🔺!

I`ll duck off now 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Yes! She certainly has form. I’m imagining her removing and replacing Twitter heads like Worzel Gummindge.
You call it form, I call it absolute bloody bonkersness!’ She doesn’t realise how eagle eyed these Frauen (and 🪐 Herren) are!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
What happened! I thought I was keeping up, and here we are in another thread. As I was too slow To reply in previous

emma_moans said

What's the betting that in a couple of days this week she'll show gourmet chocolates or something that she has just picked up, which would definitely not be part of the £20 challenge.

i think you meant to say gifted

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Frau’s I don’t have a child so please do tell me if I’m talking out of my (Mediterranean) arse.. but I think that I would sell a sideboard to feed my child quality food

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
I haven't been able to keep up properly as i've been having a lovely time barbecuing in the garden.

I have been laughing out loud at the posts though whenever I did get a chance to look in. You are all utterly hilarious and absolutely on fire this evening.

Her asda shop has really angered me.

Lots of things, but if I can just pick up on her insistence on doing a full weekly shop at Asda then lying on twitter that she prefers her greengrocers etc. If that's the case then just go to bleeping Asda once and get enough to do you until you can get to the greengrocer tomorrow. I seriously doubt she needed to buy all that fruit and veg today.

Is she about to suddenly and without warning need to self isolate? Is there a reason she needs to get seven days' worth of food in when her son is at school every day and she has plenty of time to shop properly?

The sausages, 17p cola, maize snacks and instant mash have also pissed me off. Why would you feed a growing child that crap unless you had no other option?

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.