Jack Monroe #75 Peekaboo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies if that was how it came across. I'm a born-and-bread omnivore that looks for max flavour for my £. Following the 90% vegan logic I figured what 10% would/could I squeeze the benefit out of? For me that would be the fat portion. I'm totally open to fully plant-based alternatives, but not from a 90%-er 🤷
Hi there! There are quite a number of vegans on this thread (me included) and most of us find it pretty offensive that she calls herself 90% vegan. The reason for that is that 90% vegan doesn't exist. Veganism is an ethical position and whilst no one is perfect and virtually every longterm vegan has at one point or another accidentally consumed animals, vegans do not describe themselves in terms of HOW vegan they are. It's like saying I'm 50% pacifist and the rest of the time I enjoy going to war. It just makes no sense.
Of course jackie isn't even close to eating a 90% plant-based diet, given her live for butter in tea, mayo in everything and wet ham. Even her sausages are only 68% vegan 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Oh Peeky Mink - don’t start on JKR. She’s very popular with the Edinburgh blue tickerati. You won’t be invited for high tea at Rowling Towers now.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Pan frying sausages stresses her..... *Insert any head exploding gif* she stresses me!!!!!!You slit them and drop them in a pan.
The very expression’pan-fried’ sends me through the roof. Wtf else is she going to fry them in? A wheelbarrow? Fried is fried is fried FFS

• Haha
Reactions: 44
duck sake Jack, it's a fiction book not a bleeping paint chart. Jeeeeesus.
Jack Pantone. I have started at thread 1. The rage is building up even more. I didn’t know about the Burberry coats or that she was still living with Louisa when she started begging. She’s shameless

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Jack: “I haven’t tagged them so I can say what I like”

Also Jack: Furiously replies to anything negative on the DKL hashtag despite not being tagged.
Also Jack: Obsessively following Tattle threads and sub tweeting us at every opportunity despite not being tagged.

She's such a pathetic coward, I'm going to be really interested to see whether she addresses the 'controversial bit' once she's finished 'doing the homework'.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Another courgette lover here (innuendo. Get it, get it???). They are not smokey, unless you put them on a bbq or add liquid smoke. The same could be said for any other vegetable. They also don't caramelise, as they are very high in water, but not sugar (unlike onions or starchy veg). She really is utterly clueless.

Courgettes are great for two separate reasons. Either you use them in recipes for their freshness and because they cook quickly (the pasta dish you describe, or a stir fry or maybe a frittata) or you add them for added bulk without many calories (soups, stews, etc). Courgettes are no ones go to veg for smokiness and caramelisation.
i grate them (lord forgive me) and add to my porridge. Gives it a creamy taste and bulks it out without adding loads of calories (I am always on a diet)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Damn it, I’ve just gone down the rabbit hole of Eau de Nil and duck egg blue. I’m supposed to be finishing my sodding dissertation, not procrastinating on here.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
So Jack has the worst ouchy mouth ever known to man because she used to drink 200 units of alcohol a week, but now she’s healing herself with sugar laden alcohol free (0.5%) tea??? Nae bother hen.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
The very expression’pan-fried’ sends me through the roof. Wtf else is she going to fry them in? A wheelbarrow? Fried is fried is fried FFS
She could deep fry in a deep fat fryer. Like in a chippy. My mum did that a few times when we were kids to make a chippy inspired tea.

Reactions: 7
I make soup for a living, and I cannot put lentil and courgette together in my head and make it work. Lentils are magical things - nutty, buttery, rich. Courgettes are basically bags of water, and roasting them is only going to evaporate the water. I put summery green flavours with courgettes (watercress, dill, spinach), but I can’t imagine them with lentils. Unless you’re in need of yet another recipe to pad out yet another cookbook nobody asked for.

Soup deserves better than this.
I love your username, and your job!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Am actually listening to that improving lives podcast ( I know, I know..) but it's fascinating! She nearly, nearly tripped herself up in trying to explain the shock of using food banks she had to stop herself mid-sentence,''My parents friends couldn't really understand how I could have ended up in the situation where I was in poverty, because I came from..i...uh..uh... My parents were still married to each other.'' She was just about to say she was affluent, but stopped herself at the last second when she remembered the narrative! What a tool.
Woah, horsey. Is she actually doing the old tory MP generalisation that people from ‘broken’ homes most likely end up in poverty? What a 🐄.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
FFS. Here we go again with the DRAAAAMA!

So tomorrow will be another day of multiple reports on the catastrophic (🙄) dental situation, which is apparently related to her alcoholism (but I don’t understand that bit at all), and yet again no writing of the book.

p.s. that reminds me - whatever happened to her promised “ouchy mouth” recipes - back in the days when she had a mouth ulcer or similar and was attempting to co-opt cancer sufferers’ issues in some way. (Not one of her finest moments - and that is saying something, given her track record). Yet another of her many abandoned projects.

Followers have dropped again. 😬
Lol at the pinned tweet dem yanks all fucked off you might as well pin your slop love

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.