Jack Monroe #74 The 19th most important gay in 2014

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone remember what this book is? I’ve forgotten. Is it the poverty one? The one where she’s giving a voice (but not really) to black women? Another cookbook? Memoir? Genuinely asking!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I'd really love it if nobody sent the requested letters to UA for the hapless Nathalie to open. JM would then have to take the hint. Her followers might give her 'likes' on Twitter, but not want to stretch to the cost of a stamp for her.

Surely, it must strike a talent agency as bizarre if they start receiving a pile of adoring letters round about the same time. If they know she has asked people to do this, it'll dawn on them that she reeks of the sweet smell of desperation.

Reactions: 16
Thanks Poca for the recap and thread (again!) and well done Blurst for the title 😍 Such high-achieving fraus in the cabal
Cabal Massive shoutout to @Pocahontas for creating such epic and hilarious recaps each and every time (which on Mack Jonroe’s unruly threads is approx every 36 hours).

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Can anyone remember what this book is? I’ve forgotten. Is it the poverty one? The one where she’s giving a voice (but not really) to black women? Another cookbook? Memoir? Genuinely asking!
I thought it was the poverty one where she is going to use other people's previous work on the subject and then trawl the newspapers for articles written by others.

Cabal Massive shoutout to @Pocahontas for creating such epic and hilarious recaps each and every time (which on Mack Jonroe’s unruly threads is approx every 36 hours).
Absolutely. Pocahontas' recaps are brilliant. I look forward to the end of a thread just to read what P. has come up with. Always so funny.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
It's a manifesto for change. Now duck off x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
So..... this has been bothering me for a while, but it is Friday night, Jack has gone and I thought we could all do with a bit of cheering up.

Here goes (gulp).... when I met Mrs Tunnel, she took to wearing two (not three thank god!) polo shirts with flipped collars and a certain brand of cap. 🤢

It took all my efforts of persuasion to stop that habit but this picture brings me to a shuddering heap.

Please don’t eject me from the cabal.
Was she not absolutely sweltering?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I thought it was the poverty one where she is going to use other people's previous work on the subject and then trawl the newspapers for articles written by others.
Ahhh yes, of course! How could I have forgotten. Well, I look forward to its publication [insert heretoreadit’s man trying not to laugh gif]

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Have you seen this woman? If so, keep a safe distance and tell her she's got 23 days left to complete her book.

Now duck off!
Keep a safe distance if she has the axe in her hands. Point her in the direction of the 'crappy' bungalow where she should self-isolate for a very long time because she has every illness known to man. She is in the highly vulnerable category.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Ahhh yes, of course! How could I have forgotten. Well, I look forward to its publication [insert heretoreadit’s man trying not to laugh gif]
Marmite, are you planning on buying it on Kindle, hardback, paperback? Or will you wait for it to be in a public library? Or better still, being used to hold up a shaky leg on a table?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Can someone point me in the direction of Matt’s “terrible”? Was it the early DKL ones when she was still at home?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
It's a manifesto for change. Now duck off x
I think it will be used as the blueprint for government policy on welfare. It may even be mentioned in the Queen's speech at The State Opening Of Parliament. You know, the one where the Queen says "my government will...". This time round it will be "my government will implement Jack Monroe's recommendations within the lifetime of this parliament." :p

• Haha
Reactions: 23
iirc - i think it was meant to be a scathing book about the austerity that we're 10 years deep in, made up of other people's genuine stories. the book of poc experiences hasn't been mentioned for months and the memoir is next in the pipeline.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.