Jack Monroe #74 The 19th most important gay in 2014

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if I’ve done this right

UPDATE - On 3 Oct
@britishlibrary
the event Mood Food with Jack Monroe & Kimberley Wilson
@BootstrapCook
&
@FoodAndPsych
will air at 3pm. Check out here for details
There are some very distinguished names from the world of cookery in that lineup - except for Jack. It says '...a series of live conversations that you can join wherever you are.' Wonder if they will take questions because I've got a few I'd like to ask, starting with "why do ask for tips and Patreon from people who can barely afford it?"

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Between asking for people to send her letters full of praise and, now, asking them to look for photos of her, she seems to think that her gormless followers are like her personal butler. She probably thinks they will be flattered by helping a big time celebrity like Jack.;)
Yep. She’s followed by a big bunch of enablers.

Reactions: 17
There are some very distinguished names from the world of cookery in that lineup - except for Jack. It says '...a series of live conversations that you can join wherever you are.' Wonder if they will take questions because I've got a few I'd like to ask, starting with "why do ask for tips and Patreon from people who can barely afford it?"
Claudia Roden!!!!! It is going to be like that housing conference all over again isn’t it?
I think it could only be made better if they had the Barefoot Contessa on....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Yep. She’s followed by a big bunch of enablers.
I'm not on Twitter, but when I've looked at people's responses to her, they are so sycophantic. I can't understand why they are so concerned about the welfare of someone whom they don't know and who couldn't care less about them.

Reactions: 15
Re: the book. I believe it is a combined memoir/other people's experiences/manifesto for change. It will start with Potatoes: The Extended Remix (no mention of the Omega), then segue into the stories of other people who are less important and were less poor. Some may or may not be black? It will finish with Jack's vision for the future, which is something along the lines of "The Tories are POSH and hate POOR PEOPLE. I once had a fight with Edwina Currie!* If we get rid of Tories we will END POVERTY!!!"

(No, m'Lud, I haven't snuck into the crappy bungalow disguised as a For Sale sign and read the drafts. This is a summary based on the defendant's now-deleted tweets)

* for the younger readers: a politician until 1997. Yes, 23 years ago. Keep those references fresh, Jackie.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Guys, Vlad's being really weird 😐
Ads are mostly based on the websites users visit and their behaviour especially if it's totally offtopic to the page..

It does hilariously catch out a politician every couple of years 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Re: the book. I believe it is a combined memoir/other people's experiences/manifesto for change. It will start with Potatoes: The Extended Remix (no mention of the Omega), then segue into the stories of other people who are less important and were less poor. Some may or may not be black? It will finish with Jack's vision for the future, which is something along the lines of "The Tories are POSH and hate POOR PEOPLE. I once had a fight with Edwina Currie!* If we get rid of Tories we will END POVERTY!!!"

(No, m'Lud, I haven't snuck into the crappy bungalow disguised as a For Sale sign and read the drafts. This is a summary based on the defendant's now-deleted tweets)

* for the younger readers: a politician until 1997. Yes, 23 years ago. Keep those references fresh, Jackie.
“Disguised as a for sale sign” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.