Jack Monroe #73 If your attitude is off-kilter, try a cartoon filter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My take is:
Book is not going to be finished soon.
Agent threatening to drop her due to too many chaoses / chaosi

So:
Looked for lever arch files full of praise from ‘fans’ in order to prove she is a big deal, like a whole lever arch file of a big deal, couldn’t find it, and has thus resulted in using the Jackolytes to passive aggressively harass her agent into keeping her on the books?

I’VE HAD ENOUGH
Bang on I suspect. The ‘fan mail’ is to prove to her agent that she still has jackolytes

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I feel utterly exhausted after reading that thread!
Also the owner must be charging very low rent if it’s worth x37 times her income. Often a mortgage is less than the rental price..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
She should buy a house in South Wales... the bits not near the border/Cardiff/the Vale of Glamorgan are still well cheap (only joking... please don't).
She should buy a house somewhere where there is no internet. She really should.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
She has returned from the outside and there is no longer a For Sale sign there. No receipts though, so we're going to have to use our imaginations to what method was used. Personally, I think Novak Nail visited and whacked the sign away with his magic tennis racquet!

I don't know alot about for sale signs bit isn't that destrution of property. Why didnt she call her son's school or just tell him when she picks him up that it's a mistake.

She needs a rest button and a break.

Also if she feels so insecure in her homelife, why doesn't she move one more time and make it a big one and buy am affordable property for her and he really kid. That's what I would do. She really needs to chill herself our she's not going to make herself well by constantly worrying. She can do stuff about it, so instead of hiding do it.

Reactions: 24
I don't know alot about for sale signs bit isn't that destrution of property. Why didnt she call her son's school or just tell him when she picks him up that it's a mistake.

She needs a rest button and a break.
Someone told her in the comments that it could be a crime to do it. Aaaaand given that we didn't get a picture of said vandalism (which you know she bleeping would), I'm going to assume this is the return of Mousy Monroe and she chickened out.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Someone suggested crowdfunding home ownership for Jack and:
DA0DE51C-5A10-4A45-BC1B-923D437F8ABC.png

Yes, I mean, IMAGINE

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
I would put money on "Natalia" being an imaginary person.

And she's also mentioning lasagne and crowdfunding a house, both topics mentioned here.

Jack is bored. She has no work, nothing to do. She needs a hit of attention. So her plea for letters/affirmation/attention is the latest ruse to get us to talk about her.

What an empty life you have, Jack, spending your day scrolling through Tattle.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Wow, I hope she gets her tit together before her son comes home from school. It was a big day for him (as per her morning tweets) and he's going to need her to either say well done or perhaps cheer him up if he didn't get what he was going for.
Narcs always need the spotlight on them

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Crowdfunding a home?! Why not just, oh I don't know, get a full-time job if your current setup isn't paying enough or perhaps move to a more affordable area? And for added cash, if you're trying to get enough for a deposit, why not sell your Emin and Westwood pieces? Some maverick ideas for you to consider there, Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Someone suggested crowdfunding home ownership for Jack and:View attachment 245144

Yes, I mean, IMAGINE
Oh duck right off. People are homeless & she is ‘tempted’? To buy a house 37 times her salary (calculated to make her look as poor as possible). I’ve never come across anyone so bleeping shameless.
Why exactly should anyone be giving this spoilt brat anything when she’s making a living off the backs of people who are genuinely in poverty NOW (not then?). Sorry but the person who suggested that needs kicking down a well.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Omg she's hinting about crowdfunding isn't she. Putting the feelers out. Here we fuckin gooooo.

Also we only commented on the lasagne because it looked like horse spunk. I'm sure if you learnt how to make a white sauce we would never have commented 🤫

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Oh duck right off. People are homeless & she is ‘tempted’? To buy a house 37 times her salary (calculated to make her look as poor as possible). I’ve never come across anyone so bleeping shameless.
Why exactly should anyone be giving this spoilt brat anything when she’s making a living off the backs of people who are genuinely in poverty NOW (not then?). Sorry but the person who suggested that needs kicking down a well. (ETA obviously metaphorical)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
1600349685237.png

This (amongst so much else) fucks me off to no end. I've lived in rented houses my entire life - 29 years. I've never had a bedroom I could paint, I've never been able to hang up shelves, wallpaper or redecorate in any form. Currently cannot have any pets (even though not having a cat is a definite factor in my depression at times - I miss my old cat so much! 😭 )

I worked my arse off at my comprehensive school, and came out with way more than 4.5 GCSEs. I've put myself through uni, and again worked hard to ensure I never live in the poverty I was brought up in.

Yet, even with all of that, and having an alright paying job now - I'm still at least 5+ years away from being able to buy even just a literally crappy tiny flat.

Does that annoy me to no bleeping end? YES.
Do I think I am entitled to having the things I do not have? NO.

Instead, I still keeping working away at my alright paying job which I am hating more and more each day, because no one else in my life (or random Twitter people) will pay for the things I need, and certainly not the things I want.

It's funny, because anyone who actually grew up poor, or just-getting-by, will know and understand that moving house when the rent gets increased too much, or the landlord decides to sell, or wants someone not on benefits in their extra home - they will know that this existence is just what you have to deal with. Only someone who grew up in the absolute comfort and certainty of their parents wealth and ability to provide would even begin to think in this manner and level of entitlement.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 116
#74 Are you familiar with my body of work Barbara?

I’m friends with a mum from school who has 3 kids. They’re all 12 and up now and she still constantly posts photos of them. The eldest repeatedly has to tell her to take of him off. Quite often they are really horrible/unflattering pictures. Why she thinks they are going to be pleased about it I don’t know.
Liking because I reeeeeally want this as a thread title 😍 not because of the other party

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Maybe if you had actually put the effort into your 5 figure Hellmans collab you would have got more leads and would now be 1/3 or so to the way of having a deposit?! The bleeping entitlement... most people of her generation don't own property. Why should se be an exception if shes not saved for it?!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.