Jack Monroe #73 If your attitude is off-kilter, try a cartoon filter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Jack you voluntarily share so much identifying info yourself! In the last week youā€™ve mentioned living near tennis courts and shown a(n interioir) pic of your front door!

Oh my goodness, a group who are terrorising her nearest and dearest, as well as stalking Jack at her house?! I hope sheā€™s involved the police as that is genuinely terrifying and -oh wait I just remembered sheā€™s a liar and none of that is happening. My bad. As you were, Frauen šŸ˜˜

• Haha
Reactions: 48
'Averagely priced' my hole.

My flat cost me a quarter of the estimated value of that place. The bullshit is suuuuuuuper strong today.

Reactions: 26
Good point. I very much doubt this is within the agentā€™s job description.
Comrade Jack as ever putting someone in a notoriously low paying & declining industry through needless additional work. Same with breaking a sign thatā€™ll get some poor estate agent bollocked over.

Letā€™s be real weā€™re a week or two away from payday, the day she probably owes rent as Louisa was PAYE, sheā€™s realising itā€™s not going to be tenable for her to rent a very nice 3 bed home in a nice area alone & sheā€™s hoping one of her minted followers throw her a bone and leave her the keys to the manor in their will. Mental.

Reactions: 36
View attachment 245139

This (amongst so much else) fucks me off to no end. I've lived in rented houses my entire life - 29 years. I've never had a bedroom I could paint, I've never been able to hang up shelves, wallpaper or redecorate in any form. Currently cannot have any pets (even though not having a cat is a definite factor in my depression at times - I miss my old cat so much! šŸ˜­ )

I worked my arse of at my comprehensive school, and came out with way more than 4.5 GCSEs. I've put myself through uni, and again worked hard to ensure I never live in the poverty I was brought up in.

Yet, even with all of that, and having an alright paying job now - I'm still at least 5+ years away from being able to buy even just a literally crappy tiny flat.

Does that annoy me to no bleeping end? YES.
Do I think I am entitled to having the things I do not have? NO.

Instead, I still keeping working away at my alright paying job which I am hating more and more each day, because no one else in my life (or random Twitter people) will pay for the things I need, and certainly not the things I want.

It's funny, because anyone who actually grew up poor, or just-getting-by, will know and understand that moving house when the rent gets increased too much, or the landlord decides to sell, or wants someone not on benefits in their extra home - they will know that this existence is just what you have to deal with. Only someone who grew up in the absolute comfort and certainty of their parents wealth and ability to provide would even begin to think in this manner and level of entitlement.
YES to all of this. I've also lived in rented places my entire life and it's never crossed my mind that I somehow deserve or am entitled to own my own home? It's not some sort of purgatory FFS, where you have to do X number of years in a rental before you've earned your right to live in an owned house. I live in London because it's where my job is and because I love the city. No way I can afford to buy here, but someday further down the line I'll pack up my bags and move somewhere I can afford to buy, and adjust my life accordingly. I've no idea where Jack lives but if she wants to buy, then looking at properties 37x her salary is just plain stupid :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Someone suggested crowdfunding home ownership for Jack and:View attachment 245144

Yes, I mean, IMAGINE
no you canā€™t crowdfund it Jack, not because youā€™d get flack for it, but because it is wrong!

also her words are interesting in that she said ā€œI have no beef with the estate agents hence why Iā€™ve not named them.ā€ So what youā€™re really saying is that when you do you have beef with people you name them on social media and set your fans on them, right?

I kinda wish we could summon her again, sheā€™s desperate to be a part of it here. So funny that she originally appeared to quibble over the accusation that she paid for views on her Instagram I mean of all the things LOL, and the much debated main coon cat too, of course!

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Jack, dear heart, I direct you to the wonderful @HarderFaster's accounts (you really should be paying her) of your spending during lockdown. We conservatively estimated that had you managed your money properly, you would be well on your way to a deposit. Hope this helps, now duck off xoxo

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
She's being outraged on twitter again, this time about the news that people may have to book in for A&E appointments. Someone replied with this:

View attachment 244970

Yeah, like Jack when she went to A&E with her 'black eye' !
Yeah well if you commute for work you cant sit at home all morning pressing redial, then not getting an appointment and arriving at work at lunchtime day after day.

Reactions: 10
Haha. You totally misjudged this one jack. Even your jackolytes are seeing through you.

Haha. You totally misjudged this one jack. Even your jackolytes are seeing through you.
See this is something her lib dem followers can smell a rat on. Sure they won't have gone through the poverty she claims to have or been working class. But unless you're #gifted a large amount of money by a parent, are on a 6 figure salary, save and graft for years for a small flat and crawl up the property ladder at a cost of holidays and all other things that make life nice, or live at home rent free for your 20s, its nigh on inpossible to buy a 3 bed house in an afluent area in your early 30s in the south east of England.

And her followers will know this.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Please wake the duck up jackolytes
haha I didn't even notice this but yeah jack actually said "just did the maths" and she'd have to sell over a million books at full RRP to get an averagely priced house.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Sweet Lord. I can just see the Daily Mail headline now.

ā€œEstate agent puts ā€œFor Saleā€ sign in front of Jack Monroeā€™s Ā£700k house by mistake.ā€

Itā€™s not as if thereā€™s more pressing news in the world right now. How can she actually think that would get picked up by a journalist?

Some may say the For Sale sign story is a load of tit and an excuse to have a little woe-is-me moment about renting and a reminder of those tip jars. A good idea would have been to pop that Ā£10k (at a minimum) Hellmanā€™s money in a savings account, not buy a Ā£3k Smeg fridge and expensive sideboards and go on a jaunt to Edinburgh on the sleeper train. Would have been the beginning of a pretty decent deposit for a flat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
And also-journalists (actual JOURNALISTS) would be interested in someone accidentally putting a for sale sign outside the wrong house-not the house where a ā€˜19th most interesting gay person in 2014ā€™ or whatever it was-lives? Right Jan.
I dunno why Right Jan has tickled me so much. Like a British version of the gif ā€˜alright Janet FGSā€™

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.