Jack Monroe #72 It’s not a government briefing, you don’t need to announce locking down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The irony is that the people who talk about "Be Kind" and have that on their social media are the nasty ones: Ellen Degeneres, Naga Munchetty (who has a reputation at BBC Salford for being really unpleasant), Holly Willoughby (same with ITV).

Reactions: 30
The irony is that the people who talk about "Be Kind" and have that on their social media are the nasty ones: Ellen Degeneres, Naga Munchetty (who has a reputation at BBC Salford for being really unpleasant), Holly Willoughby (same with ITV).
I’ve often wondered about Naga.

Reactions: 7
We need to set up a Halloween live watch party of these episodess somehow, your commentary is A+ can imagine the live chat would be amazing

Reactions: 24
I wish I could like this post more.

If you put a book/a work of art/a TV programme/any content out into the world, people have the right to dislike it and to say so. What you do with that feedback is up to you. I've mentioned it before, I sell some of my books on amazon and have all sorts of reviews on there. When I was first published, the reviews would consume a lot of my headspace (and funnily enough, mainly the bad ones, none of the good ones seemed to stick in my memory).

I quickly learned that I had to come up with a better strategy for my mental health. Now I haven't even looked at my reviews or star ratings for at least a year (maybe two?). Because I don't care. The people whose feedback I value (my editor, a few readers I had), gave me feedback before publication. The books all have a blurp and a clear description. If you buy it and don't find it useful (it's non-fiction, sort of a how-to-type thing, but not quite), that's a shame, but, like any other item, you can return it and get your money back. Or you can leave a negative review. Or you you can drop it at the charity shop. Or, if you really want to, write a letter to my publisher. Honestly, I don't care. I'm not going to be the first person in history to write books that are universally adored. I'm ok with that.

Actively seeking out online whether anyone has said anything about my books on different forums would just be bat-shit crazy. Why would I do that?

Reactions: 54
Totally agree, I wouldn't go to my mother for help even if I was actually dying.

Also, my mum does genuinely love my daughter, she is openly nasty and mean to my son. So I don't ever leave him alone with her. People who have normal loving parents just look at me with absolute horror when I say that I won't leave my kids alone with their grandmother.

On the other hand, I think that the child's father had the right as his parent to know if she was not able to feed their child properly and was selling his toys and bed(?) Keeping that from him seems absolutely out of order.

Reactions: 28
Oh is Jack at legal threats again I feel sad that some people are intimidated by her idle threats and she achieves her goal of silencing people that aren't in agreement with her. We have a very strict set of rules that go way above and beyond any laws in any free country. All you're really left with is member of the public expressing their opinions on a public figure.

Jack's the kind of person I can imagine accepting an offer from Kim Jong-un to visit North Korea, then come back singing prase.

Even the prime minister is on side

Last edited:
Reactions: 61
North Korea are most welcome to her.

Reactions: 30
I feel you get a lot of judgement from people with normal families when you distance yourself from yours. Nobody would argue that you should stick with an abusive partner because they are 'still your husband/wife and they love you' but they will argue that about a parent.

Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.