Jack Monroe #70 #fakingmemories

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need to know more about the Lebanese spice blend please. in Jack’s world I’m sure we could use any spices we want as they’re all the same but I don’t want to waste my lovely gifted beans
You can buy Lebanese 7-spice from Souschef. I think it’s the same thing as “baharat” but I’m not 100% on that.

Reactions: 12
When I watched her fishfinger thing earlier, You Tube suggested to me some Guardian videos that had her in from years ago. I watched one where she cooked a basic ingredient lasagne (lasagnes seem to present like a recurring dream/nightmare in her career!) vs a ready meal one. I thought she came across really well in that video - by no means a professional chef or presenter but that sort of leant itself to the style of the thing, she just sort of came across as authentic and real. And her cooking result, whilst not exactly fine dining, but that's the point, seemed edible and dare I say it, looked reasonably appetising. I think she did a series of those shorts for the Guardian, but that was the only one I watched.
I watched a couple of her earlier video and although they weren't brilliant, they were watchable.

Now she seems to think she can fling up any old crap, and people will be awed because it's the amazing Jack Monroe.

Reactions: 15
So I was curious if we are being unfair in making fun of her cooking videos because maybe it’s actually difficult so today I just tried making my own (I’m making an entire mezze feast for my boyfriend’s family tonight). Bearing in mind I have never used IMovie before but a few things : it is REALLY easy to figure out how to cut down the length of the clips and muting the audio is also incredibly simple. Sorry for the music - turns out Jack literally just chose the stock music that comes with iMovie 🤣

conclusion: Jack is a lazy, useless idiot

ps this is a recipe to make Lebanese green beans

@blurstoftimes I’ve got Saturday Kitchen Live, This Morning and Hellman’s on the phone for you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I for one want to see our Jackie eating her own slop.
That man always tastes his food, as does her 'mom' and Nadia.
Has anyone ever seen her eating her own cooking?
No, I don't think so.

I love nigella, Simon Hopkinson and nigel Slater because they obviously love food, and they love eating the stuff they make.

A friend compared my fridge to nigella's as its always full, and it's a huge American one, I had to reassure her that I didn't pop down in the wee dark hours in my nightie to scoff my own cooking

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Oooh. Queen Mary Berry is on BBC 2 and has just made bechamel sauce 😍.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Just watched 4 or so minutes of the YT fish finger lasagne debacle (and I’m being bleeping polite here), and read the sycophantic comments. Culinary genius? Get fucked. I wouldn’t feed your shite to my worst enemy. Actually, that’s a lie. Yes. Yes, I would.
Lol forget Novichok, anyone seen leaving a carrier bag of fish fingers on a bench in Salisbury is Bad News

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
No, I don't think so.

I love nigella, Simon Hopkinson and nigel Slater because they obviously love food, and they love eating the stuff they make.

A friend compared my fridge to nigella's as its always full, and it's a huge American one, I had to reassure her that I didn't pop down in the wee dark hours in my nightie to scoff my own cooking

Oh I love Simon Hopkinson too! He's not on t.v much now is he. Loved his show. And agree the others are so comforting and enjoyable to watch, their love and passion for food is infectious.
No, I don't think so.

Oh I love Simon Hopkinson too! He's not on t.v much now is he. Loved his show. And agree the others are so comforting and enjoyable to watch, their love and passion for food is infectious.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
ps this is a recipe to make Lebanese green beans

Those beans look AMAZING!

I mean .... they were absolutely lovely .... but I can't have been the only one thinking the dish was crying out for a Fish Finger ... or 22.

Without scrolling further back and encroaching on sensitive territory, does referencing Day 619, Day 621 and Day 622 of sobriety just seem odd?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
@blurstoftimes , my dear frau, your video was divine. I have therefore gained funds from Vlad and we’re going to propel you into the stratosphere. The cooking segment on This Morning, here you come ❤ You will be known until the end of eternity.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I mean .... they were absolutely lovely .... but I can't have been the only one thinking the dish was crying out for a Fish Finger ... or 22.

Without scrolling further back and encroaching on sensitive territory, does referencing Day 619, Day 621 and Day 622 of sobriety just seem odd?
Yes, absolutely x

@blurstoftimes bravo! Your beans look delicious 😋
And not a rinsed one in sight

• Haha
Reactions: 18
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN WE START A YOUTUBE SERIES CALLED WITCHES’ OVEN PLEASE

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
This pretending she doesn’t know what cutlery to use, like she’s some kind of Dickensian urchin, is rather irksome. She was engaged to a multimillionaire and is a member of the Groucho Club. I imagine she’s been to a few high-end restaurants in her time.
She only needs a spoon to eat the slop she makes.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
In case anybody was wondering how far I have made it into watching DKL, I have made it to the end of the second episode.

Episode one was made much more bearable after Jack's absence due to 'technical issues'. I understand where the concept of putting bread into a stew comes from but the idea of huge hunks of bread made soggy in a curry makes me feel just a little bit ill. Nadiya's banana tarte tatin looked delightful however. I would give this episode forearms out of five.

Episode two started off strong with the classic Matt muttering 'terrible' under his breath as Jack gabbled on relentlessly, at which I cackled like a true coven member. I also positively hooted at Matt using the ol' bait and switch, calling Jack a modern Marguerite Patten and then saying it was scripted once she'd gushed her thanks. Her flapjack recipe seemed thoroughly unremarkable. I give this episode three freezers out of five.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
In case anybody was wondering how far I have made it into watching DKL, I have made it to the end of the second episode.

Episode one was made much more bearable after Jack's absence due to 'technical issues'. I understand where the concept of putting bread into a stew comes from but the idea of huge hunks of bread made soggy in a curry makes me feel just a little bit ill. Nadiya's banana tarte tatin looked delightful however. I would give this episode forearms out of five.

Episode two started off strong with the classic Matt muttering 'terrible' under his breath as Jack gabbled on relentlessly, at which I cackled like a true coven member. I also positively hooted at Matt using the ol' bait and switch, calling Jack a modern Marguerite Patten and then saying it was scripted once she'd gushed her thanks. Her flapjack recipe seemed thoroughly unremarkable. I give this episode three freezers out of five.
🤣 the freezer scale though

• Haha
Reactions: 15
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN WE START A YOUTUBE SERIES CALLED WITCHES’ OVEN PLEASE
Too much risk of 🔺️🔺️🔺️ here. I mean, I obviously pretend to be presenting a cooking show whenever I cook something FANCY, like any normal person 😂. But I get interrupted by various teenagers complaining they don't have any clean pants and various DOGGOS demanding attention 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.