Jack Monroe #70 #fakingmemories

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It appears to be mind-bogglingly difficult to become a member of the club unless one is a member of the North/West London intelligentsia (It swags that it rejected the Spice Girls and they were at least entertaining). https://www.thegrouchoclub.com/medi...rship_application_form_onlineprint_2016-1.pdf The fees are a good deal less than that of other London clubs and better value for networking than joining a fancy gym. JM's proposers obviously had a lot of clout.
JM paying the £250 joining fee, then the under 35 annual fee makes me annoyed because she keeps harping on about her limited period of life on benefits in order to generate an income. I wonder if the proposers paid it for her. It's no wonder that she doesn't want to do a conventional job when she can be mixing with the Notting Hill Bohemian set. Before we know it, she will have joined the Chelsea Arts Club in order to spout her poetry efforts.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
JM paying the £250 joining fee, then the under 35 annual fee makes me annoyed because she keeps harping on about her limited period of life on benefits in order to generate an income. I wonder if the proposers paid it for her. It's no wonder that she doesn't want to do a conventional job when she can be mixing with the Notting Hill Bohemian set. Before we know it, she will have joined the Chelsea Arts Club in order to spout her poetry efforts.
“Membership is more exclusive than the SAS”

oh bore off you absolute pretentious bleeping wankers.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She probably sees it as essential spend. The amount it costs is eventually offset by bagging the rich finance and living a comfortable life.

Reactions: 10
Oh such kind fraus ❤. Obvs the food got nutriblended into slop after the cameras went off.

I hope I proved the point that I literally knocked that up in 10 minutes and I’m NOT EXPECTING TO BE PAID FOR IT so how on earth does jack get away with making a living off of something she does so half arsedly?

also one redaction: I have since realised that the music Jack used was actually different but seriously who can tell?Doesn’t it all encompass the same unbearably twee hellscape?

Also Lebanese 9 spice is indeed also called baharat and well worth picking up! It’s easier to get hold of Lebanese 7 spice which works just as well (not to go all Jack on you...)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Jack Monroe #71 aye you tube

Hopefully she’ll get this one, being practically Scottish an all!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Could easily have done it on purpose to annoy, knowing that some of the coven would watch.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
In case anybody was wondering how far I have made it into watching DKL, I have made it to the end of the second episode.

Episode one was made much more bearable after Jack's absence due to 'technical issues'. I understand where the concept of putting bread into a stew comes from but the idea of huge hunks of bread made soggy in a curry makes me feel just a little bit ill. Nadiya's banana tarte tatin looked delightful however. I would give this episode forearms out of five.

Episode two started off strong with the classic Matt muttering 'terrible' under his breath as Jack gabbled on relentlessly, at which I cackled like a true coven member. I also positively hooted at Matt using the ol' bait and switch, calling Jack a modern Marguerite Patten and then saying it was scripted once she'd gushed her thanks. Her flapjack recipe seemed thoroughly unremarkable. I give this episode three freezers out of five.
Your user name and avatar are brilliant!! 😂🤣😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
So I was curious if we are being unfair in making fun of her cooking videos because maybe it’s actually difficult so today I just tried making my own (I’m making an entire mezze feast for my boyfriend’s family tonight). Bearing in mind I have never used IMovie before but a few things : it is REALLY easy to figure out how to cut down the length of the clips and muting the audio is also incredibly simple. Sorry for the music - turns out Jack literally just chose the stock music that comes with iMovie 🤣

conclusion: Jack is a lazy, useless idiot

ps this is a recipe to make Lebanese green beans

That looks lush!!! It just confirms my annoyance at where JM is when she doesn’t deserve it.

@blurstoftimes for DKL!!

(ps love the plingy plongy tune!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Without scrolling further back and encroaching on sensitive territory, does referencing Day 619, Day 621 and Day 622 of sobriety just seem odd?
I wouldn’t do it. I remember sitting in my home group telling a remember “I’m 72 days sober today!” because I’d been counting out of sheer amazement that I hadn’t picked up. I just stopped counting, it wasn’t a conscious decision. Each to their own I guess and it’s not a benchmark but I know of a fellow who was desperately counting the days and telling everyone and they relapsed.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I‘m astounded. I didn’t realise she actually won an award for being a True Maverick. What utter wankery!
Nice to see Fassbender won in 2012. Bet he regrets coming across Jackie M’s path.
oh no! Michael Fassbender is my one true love. I don’t like to think of anything within his universe being shared by Jackie M 😢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.