Jack Monroe #69 I can see clearly now the make-up’s gone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can really imagine Jack as a Jill Tyrell type character.

🎼 Yo, Jack Tyrell
You naughty little scurrile
You remind me a bit of my auntie Nigella
I think your petty and I don’t want your tweeties
My hearts full of doom and you make me tattle

(there should be more Julia Davis GIFs!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I agree the fish pie was not made by her. You wouldn't make a fish pie from scratch for that one small portion, and I don't think she would have piped the mash! You'd use a fork across the surface maybe to pretty it up, but her standing there with a piping bag? Nope.
Got to post again...just to say...this is genius! I have been jackfluenced.

I had never thought to gently scoop off the potato to decant a shop bought fish pie into a ceramic pot then slide said potato back on and bake. I am so doing this, I reckon if I buy a Waitrose packet then I can pass as an able cook! Thanks Jackie, about to ring the folks and invite them for dinner on Friday...knowing after a hard days work I will look like a hero with my homemade fish pie!

• Haha
Reactions: 35

I had never thought to gently scoop off the potato to decant a shop bought fish pie into a ceramic pot then slide said potato back on and bake. I am so doing this, I reckon if I buy a Waitrose packet then I can pass as an able cook! Thanks Jackie, about to ring the folks and invite them for dinner on Friday...knowing after a hard days work I will look like a hero with my homemade fish pie!
Just don't serve it up to a Tattler, as they will know. We always know... 🕵

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Phew, finished my Grunka!
Points of note...

Just as true to her Narc form as always with the food/feeding. Who the duck begrudges feeding their child? 'growing boy eats a lot' no tit Sherlock. That's what you have to do, feed them. It costs money. My Narc Mother used to say exactly the same. Not about food because she used to starve me, but about absolutely anything.
New clothes? So expensive, children cost me a fortune!
School trip? Oh this will bankrupt me!
etc etc
All said loudly to anyone nearby, with a little forced laughter.
Seeing Jack do it to the kid is creepy and upsetting. Poor kid.
Also, that isn't near enough for tea for a 'growing boy'. No wonder he asks for more, he must be bleeping starving.
Don't worry kid, you'll be going back home today and your Stepmum will give you a decent dinner
(which is the whole reason we had these posts, Jack's jealousy)
I do say it to my kid in a joking way, as I never seem to stop replacing outgrown things. I don't think Jack is though, given she's no sense of humour. Kids grow, shock horror (and mine is a few months younger than SB, but taller than Mackie already)

The food looked grim, no wonder the lad wanted bread and butter too, at least that tastes good! So long as they're not just stuffing their faces with sweets and crisps, kids are pretty good at regulating their appetite, and will eat accordingly.

Reactions: 8

I mean, to be fair, Young's are doubtless extremely relieved not to have been credited, given that she's somehow managed to f*ck up even heating up a ready meal and given it that grey tinge.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Also, that isn't near enough for tea for a 'growing boy'. No wonder he asks for more, he must be bleeping starving.
my child is just a smidge younger than hers and wouldn’t eat a portion that big at all. my teenager also would find that an ok size dinner, both growing perfectly fine. (Obviously Jack stated her kid did want more but there is a lot of generalisations on this thread about starving kids, not just from this post but this was the last one I read, not picking on you moobelle!)

Reactions: 11
Why is she downplaying it and just calling it an unhealthy relationship with alcohol now? I thought she was a severe alcoholic dependant on 200 units a week?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Either she's taken on board criticisms on here about how she speaks to people......or someone else has had a word. We're just bullying ninnies so I'm sure it's nothing to do with us.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
It’s very strange to see her respond to others with empathy and not just, “Same.” I feel like I’ve entered the Twilight Zone.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
One thing we know is that this isn’t real or genuine and it won’t last. It’s like she literally has no identity and beneath the exterior she is just a black void feeding off the energy of attention and pity and adoration from people. She makes me feel so creeped out because it’s all so false and soulless!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
my child is just a smidge younger than hers and wouldn’t eat a portion that big at all. my teenager also would find that an ok size dinner, both growing perfectly fine. (Obviously Jack stated her kid did want more but there is a lot of generalisations on this thread about starving kids, not just from this post but this was the last one I read, not picking on you moobelle!)
Fair doos.
Kids are all different. Jack however should know her own child's appetite. She only ever talks about feeding her child as a chore. I've never seen a food/kid post that doesn't talk about him BEGGING for more. Even if he did only want a small portion, the food served up never looks like it was made with love.
Even a frozen fish pie could be made with love.
And why oh why does she have to photograph her child's dinner?!!! Other than to prove she's feeding him?

Reactions: 21
Imagine if you were a new follower with this sickly-sweet Sylvanian Family #Momofteenboy, then finding out she (amongst many, many other things, but just off the top of my head:

- kicked strangers on trains
- punched her brother at a wedding
- literally can't say anything without it being a lie
- ignored vets' pleas to put down a suffering kitten so she could parade it on Twitter
- organises pile-ons
- didn't get a job she wasn't even qualified for so scweemed and scweemed and scweemed so her contact/s got her a presenting slot where she was
- absolutely shite

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 58
And why oh why does she have to photograph her child's dinner?!!! Other than to prove she's feeding him?
Can you imagine the absolute MESS her own dinner must have been for her to go to this trouble to reframe a ready meal as her own in order to post some food content?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

No need to take the potatoes off if you do it when it's still frozen, it will come out as one solid lump which you can then out in your nice dish, as it thaws it will take on the shape of the new dish

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.