Jack Monroe #69 I can see clearly now the make-up’s gone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her brown rice stew sort of thing (wtf even is that?) sounds like punishment compared with his carb feast of fish pie, chips and veg. And I dont even eat fish. 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Got to post again...just to say...this is genius! I have been jackfluenced.

I had never thought to gently scoop off the potato to decant a shop bought fish pie into a ceramic pot then slide said potato back on and bake. I am so doing this, I reckon if I buy a Waitrose packet then I can pass as an able cook! Thanks Jackie, about to ring the folks and invite them for dinner on Friday...knowing after a hard days work I will look like a hero with my homemade fish pie!
My genius friend has this down to a t. When she has people round for dinner, she gets a load of Tesco dine in for £10 deals, decants the food into Pyrex dishes and - this is the genius bit - sprinkles chopped fresh herbs over the top. Sits back drinking the meal deal wine and lets the compliments roll in when all she did was a bit of ladling and switching the oven on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
My genius friend has this down to a t. When she has people round for dinner, she gets a load of Tesco dine in for £10 deals, decants the food into Pyrex dishes and - this is the genius bit - sprinkles chopped fresh herbs over the top. Sits back drinking the meal deal wine and lets the compliments roll in when all she did was a bit of ladling and switching the oven on.
Haha. And don’t forget plenty of black pepper.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Oh crikey. #potatofacial which she’s hilariously put on her weird new instastory, links to people using it as a skin lightening treatment in India. Abort! Abort!View attachment 234790

Inspired by all the Alan Partridge references she reads on here, she is pitching an A-ha style animation of her life. The black eye is captured at 3m 25s.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Bit worried she might fall headfirst onto that tap now. Plus, how smudgy is that eyeshadow going to be after a steam?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
A troll is talking to her Mum on twitter. 😡

ETA - It’s who Jack thinks is a troll but the other day she said she wasn’t. Either way, the way Jack has worded it makes it seem like she thinks the tweets are being posted here which i’ve never seen as her Mum is private.

One thing though, text her! Don’t tweet and humiliate her. You ninny.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Bit worried she might fall headfirst onto that tap now. Plus, how smudgy is that eyeshadow going to be after a steam?
Now that would be Karma. How would she get away with a repeat of the same accident?

Reactions: 8
Her brown rice stew sort of thing (wtf even is that?) sounds like punishment compared with his carb feast of fish pie, chips and veg. And I dont even eat fish. 🤢
I think that says a lot about how she feels about food. Added to the fact she considers herself a feeder, we don’t have to look far for the answers.

Her current twitter and Instagram feeds feel like a lot like a scenario when you have been told (or tell yourself) to cheer up about a bad situation at work. Everything is seen through falsely rose-tinted glasses, you have a nice thing to say about everything and everyone and the future is bright. However, This facade can only be held for so long and it won’t be long before we see the cracks forming...

Reactions: 16
Here we go gang. Knew it would be bullying. Nah mate. Not on here. We've only expressed sympathy for your Mum.

Now duck off x

• Heart
Reactions: 40
It's fine, she doesn't have any eyeshadow on today. Hence the strategic camera angle which miraculously doesn't show her face.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Now that would be Karma. How would she get away with a repeat of the same accident?
Potatoes II? We could expect a raging essay on hardworking hands draining potatoes, the single mom blinded by steam-a PayPal link for a fancy (American) shower head tap to prevent future accidents? And a god bless y’all.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

ETA - It’s who Jack thinks is a troll but the other day she said she wasn’t. Either way, the way Jack has worded it makes it seem like she thinks the tweets are being posted here which i’ve never seen as her Mum is private.

She says "she's passing your private tweets around the internet". Well they certainly haven't appeared here, so I wonder where she's referring to.

Unless... 🤔 <Insert Jimmy Nail>

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
The 'Potatoes' video is a teaser trailer for the new Hollywood film of her life. She didn't turn this offer down because it's an 8 figure sum.

20200906_135655.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 25

When?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.