Jack Monroe #69 I can see clearly now the make-up’s gone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think she is eating very much at all, her legs looked very thin in that photo a few days ago. I am very worried for her

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I dont really want to comment on body size or shapes, but her legs in particular are quite thin. But she has a gangly kinda shape anyway for her height.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Oh fraus, the day of the talk she's giving is the day my daughter and her partner are getting secretly married. I am a terrible mother. They have postponed the proper wedding twice now due to covid, but managed to get a slot at the registrars so are just going of to do it. Big day itself will be on their 1st anniversary

I dont really want to comment on body size or shapes, but her legs in particular are quite thin. But she has a gangly kinda shape anyway for her height.
I'm not, but that picture actually made me stop and look twice.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She could he been completely honest about the boys meal and put it in a positive way, that convenience food can be appetising and nutrition once in a while. Yes I'm aware that she uses it more than she admits, no wonder her recipes from the books don't turn out as per the photos.

Reactions: 15
More musings on the fish pie. If she knew he would want a bigger portion why didn't she make a bigger pie? Or why not make a big fish pie and freeze what he didn't eat. That would have been a more nutritious option that bulking it out with chips and bread.

The reason she didn't was that the pie comes in a single serve portion. It is now so obvious that it is embarrassing.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Mr Pigman wanted to see the dinner picture and when I showed him it he said that it looks bleeping awful. He actually had quite a pained expression as he looked at it, poor kid! Has there been a photo of his breakfast yet? Surely it will be pancakes or waffles?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think she just had naturally thin legs. But, severe arthritis or not, they seem to work fine.

Mr Pigman wanted to see the dinner picture and when I showed him it he said that it looks bleeping awful. He actually had quite a pained expression as he looked at it, poor kid! Has there been a photo of his breakfast yet? Surely it will be pancakes or waffles?
I'd go for a bowl of Cheerios decorated with a tiny stars and stripes.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
TRIGGER

I still don't think she's very well in many many ways. She is very thin and this new persona as much as i like it it's very strange.

I hope people close to her are keeping an eye out to her as I think there is more to it.

An early title suggestion for the next thread:
#70 Jack's gone all Zen mama - where's the drama, and the book?!

Of course there will probably be drama galore by the time the next thread rolls around!

Reactions: 6
Jack is not “very thin”. The obesity crisis has desensitised people to what normal sized looks like, so that overweight people look normal, and healthy weight people look thin.

My legs are thinner than Jack’s, and I have been accused of having eating disorders my whole life, yet my weight is healthy.

• Wow
Overweight people 'look normal' 🙃

Jack is not “very thin”. The obesity crisis has desensitised people to what normal sized looks like, so that overweight people look normal, and healthy weight people look thin.

My legs are thinner than Jack’s, and I have been accused of having eating disorders my whole life, yet my weight is healthy.
You appear to be triggered by this issue around thinness, perhaps you should skim by those posts.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
She could he been completely honest about the boys meal and put it in a positive way, that convenience food can be appetising and nutrition once in a while. Yes I'm aware that she uses it more than she admits, no wonder her recipes from the books don't turn out as per the photos.
Exactly. Or she could say that he loves fish pie but it’s a faff to make, especially if you’re not cooking for a crowd.

That response could be copied and pasted from Mumsnet, which is rife with orthorexics, competitive undereating and genuine EDs. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with you at all, but I think it’s patronising beyond belief to suggest that anyone who believes Jack is thin is too desensitised by fatties to know what a healthy weight looks like.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
The whole "Oh god, my food bills are going to go up feeding my own child" fills me with absolute rage. What about all the food she wastes makes "recipe testing", didn't she make herself five dishes the other day? Food for her child is surely a priority over all the other crap she buys? (And if she actually really liked food it would be a joy and pleasure to feed him).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
@Ellabella

"The whole "Oh god, my food bills are going to go up feeding my own child" fills me with absolute rage. What about all the food she wastes makes "recipe testing", didn't she make herself five dishes the other day? Food for her child is surely a priority over all the other crap she buys? (And if she actually really liked food it would be a joy and pleasure to feed him)."

Wasn't her whole scam based on trying to feed her child in the first place? And him saying "Mom, can I have another bagel?" and her saying she hadn't enough food stamps because of the Tories Trump?

[sorry, new here, can't find how to reply to posts]

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Bizarre video on her insta stories of her draining potatoes in a colander while breathing heavily 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
It's not good :(. I hope she gets help.
The whole "Oh god, my food bills are going to go up feeding my own child" fills me with absolute rage. What about all the food she wastes makes "recipe testing", didn't she make herself five dishes the other day? Food for her child is surely a priority over all the other crap she buys? (And if she actually really liked food it would be a joy and pleasure to feed him).
Selling a side board might help if she is genuinely worried about money for food.

I really do believe a month off would do Jack good. An actual month of not using a phone other than to call family and friends. The mental toll her online twitter interaction takes is astonishing. I really think she could do a month off if she really tried.

Reactions: 14
She *did* say it was a pleasure to feed him, but in a completely self-centred, narcissistic way - "the feeder in me is thrilled".

Seems like a very ED thing to do - to gleefully stuff your child full of all the food you're denying yourself, while you eat a bowl of slop. Like people have already said - there's no reason for her to not have a fish pie too (apart from, ofc, it's a single serve frozen meal) as her 90% vegan claim is laughable...

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
Oh crikey. #potatofacial which she’s hilariously put on her weird new instastory, links to people using it as a skin lightening treatment in India. Abort! Abort!
A7DFC7FA-5226-401E-84EB-438CA0D0836F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Yes. Especially because she also loves to brag about being 'such a feeder'

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.