Jack Monroe #69 I can see clearly now the make-up’s gone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
570392EE-EAAD-41F4-B802-E182FD584A1A.jpeg
The way I felt when I saw she said she sent pictures of the ‘chicken willy’ to two experts!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Mumsnet hacks. Cheap substitutes for fancy ingredients.

Just in case you're bored 🙃

‘It was actually Nigella who gave me the idea. Not personally, we’re not friends.’ Ooh, but you are now, dear heart! You are now. ✔
Do we think she’s eating tragedy mash tonight? 😬

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Especially when (I am now finding out), chickens don’t actually have dicks.
This evening has certainly taken a strange turn.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I just checked Jay's post from yesterday and all the raspberry comments have disappeared 😭 along with Jack's post
My mind is going because I just asked "Who is Jay?" and then had to delete it. What's the significance of raspberries?

My mind is going because I just asked "Who is Jay?" and then had to delete it. What's the significance of raspberries?
Jack hijacked his birthday cake post, did a post about fillings for Victoria sponge, which resulted in about 50 replies all saying raspberry 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I think she wants everyone to know her family do see her and they have normal roast dinners not interventions. Seems she spent their visit on twitter though.
That makes me feel so sad. I have never understood why people might favour SM over being present with family and friends - or anyone! It's great in these Covid19 days to be able to video-talk with our distant loved ones and to check in with friends on FB - but I will never understand the constant distancing from gatherings to focus on tweets etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I remain hopeful that any receipt worthy materials will still be collected despite not being shared 🙏. A lowly frau thanks you I'm sure Vlad will reward you greatly x

• Haha
Reactions: 25
What's she got against olive oil?

It's healthiest oil you can buy, and people in Southern Europe eat it as it is with bread, despite the fact it apparently 'doesn't taste great'. For her to talk about ingredients going 'rancid' is a little rich, considering some of her creations.

And a bottle lasts me ages.

She doesn't really know anything about food. That's the tragedy about the whole thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I mentioned them in conjunction with their being the main food source for teenage boys yesterday...

Has anybody ever seen her make a decent roast dinner in the last ten years? Or is a three quid chicken, 50p of mashed potatoes/four cabbage leaves and 5p of Bisto beyond her remit, as it's too elitist?
When I was a child chicken was a luxury food and so there was great play about pulling the wishbone (after it had been sucked dry - it was almost like pulling a Christmas cracker!). All the meat was stripped from the bones, which were then boiled up to make stock and a broth that could've lasted a week ( if we had let it!) - a bit like Stone Soup.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
When I was a child chicken was a luxury food and so there was great play about pulling the wishbone (after it had been sucked dry - it was almost like pulling a Christmas cracker!). All the meat was stripped from the bones, which were then boiled up to make stock and a broth that could've lasted a week ( if we had let it!) - a bit like Stone Soup.
I am *genuinely* in poverty, although partly through my own fault and there's a restaurant on my high street that roasts chickens outside on a spit roast and i bleeping drooooooool after them every time i see them! When I get my UC through i'm gonna treat myself to one! JM may have known poverty at some point, but i don't really bloody think so

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Mumsnet hacks. Cheap substitutes for fancy ingredients.

Just in case you're bored 🙃

Although her advice about oil was ridiculou, hat was the incarnation of Jack that she should have stuck with. She was also so much better on camera then. What happened?

I am *genuinely* in poverty, although partly through my own fault and there's a restaurant on my high street that roasts chickens outside on a spit roast and i bleeping drooooooool after them every time i see them! When I get my UC through i'm gonna treat myself to one! JM may have known poverty at some point, but i don't really bloody think so
I'm sure that all of us here would love to buy you a mountain of those chickens. My mother knew what it was to go to bed starving under a pile of blankets and getting perhaps one meal a day. Her childhood was brutal and yet she revelled in telling us about all the games that she and her siblings and friends played in the backstreets, using whatever they could find to entertain themselves. No-one should have to go hungry today.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.