Jack Monroe #68 Take a day off mate, seriously

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m very late (still grunkaing) but even I admit that I am no longer working class. Without wishing to triangulate myself I grew up pretty poor, but I also went to a Grammar school like Our Dear Jackie. I then had a baby fairly young (Though the father and I did stay together), and we didn’t have a lot of disposable income. We got into a lot of debt trying to maintain a lifestyle we could ill afford
I now have a secure, professional job and lots of disposable income that I live in fear or losing but I would never describe myself as WC nowadays or seek to appropriate the genuine suffering of people, yanno, ACTUALLY LIVING IN POVERTY 😡
God she makes me so angry

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Just noticed how she wasn't tagged in this post like everyone else was (I've scrolled down and checked)
235404DF-2EAA-4503-8329-A17F6BB663C9.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
The British food press is so lazy. I like Jay Rayner but this just shows the problem with a food critic culture that has never reviewed a west African restaurant in the mainstream press. It's myopic and clueless about privilege. If anyone subscribes to Jonathan Nunn's food newsletter he does a great job of challenging this and of platforming food writers and cooks of diverse backgrounds. Unlike some. Of course Jack takes the platform rather than appropriately referring it on.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I was actually very worried (alongside being utterly baffled) when I saw she'd deleted everything because for all the lying etc I do think she is very troubled. I mean, what professional, with a professional account deletes everything? It's not...rational? I found it quite concerning really. I didn't realise she's done this before. Doesn't mean she's A-ok of course, but if it's part of a pattern perhaps it's slightly less concerning?

Reactions: 19
Just noticed how she wasn't tagged in this post like everyone else was (I've scrolled down and checked) View attachment 233204
While the others are sitting at their computers, she looks like she's being interviewed by the police. Anyone watch NCIS Los Angeles? That background reminds me of The Boatshed where they interview/browbeat all the baddies.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Would love to know what was said at this conference today, did someone question her and catch her out? Oh to have been a fly on the wall instead of paying £275

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The British food press is so lazy. I like Jay Rayner but this just shows the problem with a food critic culture that has never reviewed a west African restaurant in the mainstream press. It's myopic and clueless about privilege. If anyone subscribes to Jonathan Nunn's food newsletter he does a great job of challenging this and of platforming food writers and cooks of diverse backgrounds. Unlike some. Of course Jack takes the platform rather than appropriately referring it on.
I follow him.

Reactions: 3
Jonathan Nunn's work - all the amazing places he and his colleagues write about - *almost* makes me want to live in London!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I can actually see blusher in the ‘bruiser’ of an eye picture. Blusher. Along the apple of the cheek.

I suspect she’s deleted because plenty of the people on the zoom call today have tweeted photos of her on it, looking sans black eye that warrants CT scans and A&E and she’s furiously realising - she probably didn’t expect to be unearthed that way 😂
Yea she’s had a mass delete in a pique of shame and anger at being busted and losing control of her carefully managed narrative.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Insta pics are disappearing too... before my shower there were 3603 now there are 3598 🧐

ETA Celery Edinburgh is still there. Relax canal!
pleaaaseee say she doesn’t delete the piano videos

I actually think we give Jack too much credit here sometimes, I think we underestimate how psychopathic and devoid of morals she actually is

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Holy bleeping moley these were some PAGES!

I would put money on this being a rev up for allegations of bullying or some such bullshittery.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
She did a similar mass delete after she came back (or was recalled?) from Edinburgh. At the time some of us thought she’d had a telling off from her agent or publisher. I think this may have happened again. After all, she’s supposed to be writing a book - not just the usual recipe rubbish but a serious book, and she’s now left herself less than a month to complete it. (After saying, around the time of “Potatoes”, that she was about to hand a manuscript in to her publisher - so that was another lie). That is nowhere near enough time for a project like this - even if you are mostly getting other people to write it for you and relying on books and articles which have already been published- and I’m betting it won’t be fit to print.
I can’t imagine her publishers are thrilled with this. After all, Jack suggested they were letting her write a poverty book almost as a favour to her. So I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve had a word and told her to shape up.

Reactions: 33
Could she have deleted because she's getting more critical comments on Twitter nowadays? Previously it was people just believing her. And now that Jay Rayner has been told about her, and is in the media, she is flouncing and deleting?

Reactions: 22
While the others are sitting at their computers, she looks like she's being interviewed by the police. Anyone watch NCIS Los Angeles? That background reminds me of The Boatshed where they interview/browbeat all the baddies.
And that is EXACTLY how it looks when @Harrybosch and I coax a confession out the baddies!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.