Jack Monroe #68 Take a day off mate, seriously

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This eternal circle jerk over her on Twitter is testament to how invisible genuinely poor people are in this country, they simply don’t have the opportunity to tell their truths. Jack takes those opportunities for them. Even now she’s established and financially comfortable she won’t bring any one into her platform, or put people forward to collab or take her slots.

It’s really bleeping gross when you think about how other marginalised identities (BAME, first gen or undocumented immigrants, working class, etc) are over represented in low income groups too. So she’s stealing from some of the most vulnerable in society and also depriving them of a useful resource - cos no one’s actually making that slop.
YES!!!!! Apart from the lies and general bullshit, it’s this — the modern day Robin Hood, taking from the rich misled (Patreon) and also from the poor (a voice).

What an absolute bastard

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
She boils my piss "Hiya that's me". Lying witch.

Where are her parents and why are they not calling her put on her utter rubbish.

So tempted to send Jay Rayner a link to this thread and tell him to educate himself first.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I had a much less luxurious childhood that Jack, actual WC ya know. If I was bleating on about living off food stamps (which we don’t bleeping have in the UK) my mum would bash me right up. That’s the other thing about being genuinely working class, it’s a bit like Fight Club, you don’t actually talk about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
To be fair I think someone asked for recommendations for someone who had grown up on food stamps and her name was mentioned. She didn’t volunteer herself.

A few pages back but someone mentioned universal basic income. It’s probably the only thing she will write in this book that I will agree with and be interested in reading, if I bought it which I won’t as I refuse to give her a penny.

Some of the Nordic countries do this. It involves giving a sum of money to people in and out of work. Think around 500 pounds. No sanctions.

Even the threat of sanctions made me ill. This is just my personal view but paying people on benefits 317 a month in the short term might be fair enough. But it’s often not short term. Plus things will get worse for a lot of people job wise after coronavirus. I’ve no issue with people being lifted out of poverty. Poverty tourists like her bother me a lot though.

It’s moot really as I don’t think it will happen in the UK. But it might in an Indy Scotland or Wales.

I would prefer to read a book about UBI than I would about someone unscrewing lightbulbs. That’s for sure.

As for the bruise. I tore my calf a couple of years ago. Purple and yellow from my knee to my ankle. Crutches. And I went to A and E because I couldn’t walk.

Yes if she smacked her head it was the right thing to do to get looked over. But not 24 hours later. You put a photo of the bruise up before you go to hospital? Away you go.

I thought the bullying ninnies comment was dreadful. She really needs to take a long hard look at how she interacts with people on all her social media before she calls other people out.

Reactions: 24
Was fully convinced she would duck out of doing the conference at all, given her track record. So I'm glad she actually turned up! (yes, this is damning someone with faint praise...)
Yes, I give her credit for turning up. Sorry Jack, I misjudged you on that.

Reactions: 11
'lostblackboy' is now following Jack on Twitter. He's in for a shock when she posts the next granny knicker pics.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
To be fair I think someone asked for recommendations for someone who had grown up on food stamps and her name was mentioned. She didn’t volunteer herself.

A few pages back but someone mentioned universal basic income. It’s probably the only thing she will write in this book that I will agree with and be interested in reading, if I bought it which I won’t as I refuse to give her a penny.

Some of the Nordic countries do this. It involves giving a sum of money to people in and out of work. Think around 500 pounds. No sanctions.

Even the threat of sanctions made me ill. This is just my personal view but paying people on benefits 317 a month in the short term might be fair enough. But it’s often not short term. Plus things will get worse for a lot of people job wise after coronavirus. I’ve no issue with people being lifted out of poverty. Poverty tourists like her bother me a lot though.

It’s moot really as I don’t think it will happen in the UK. But it might in an Indy Scotland or Wales.

I would prefer to read a book about UBI than I would about someone unscrewing lightbulbs. That’s for sure.

As for the bruise. I tore my calf a couple of years ago. Purple and yellow from my knee to my ankle. Crutches. And I went to A and E because I couldn’t walk.

Yes if she smacked her head it was the right thing to do to get looked over. But not 24 hours later. You put a photo of the bruise up before you go to hospital? Away you go.

I thought the bullying ninnies comment was dreadful. She really needs to take a long hard look at how she interacts with people on all her social media before she calls other people out.
She never corrects anyone though, unless the correction works in her favour. Jack's ace move is lying by omission

• Heart
Reactions: 36
This eternal circle jerk over her on Twitter is testament to how invisible genuinely poor people are in this country, they simply don’t have the opportunity to tell their truths. Jack takes those opportunities for them. Even now she’s established and financially comfortable she won’t bring any one into her platform, or put people forward to collab or take her slots.

It’s really bleeping gross when you think about how other marginalised identities (BAME, first gen or undocumented immigrants, working class, etc) are over represented in low income groups too. So she’s stealing from some of the most vulnerable in society and also depriving them of a useful resource - cos no one’s actually making that slop.
So true. She reminds me of those people in the USA who keep getting caught out cos-playing as African American, when they are white e.g. Rachael Dolezal, There was another one this week. They know how to use their privilege to leverage themselves into influential positions e.g academia and public sector roles. Meanwhile, people of colour don’t get these opportunities.

A middle class idiot playing at being poor.

As someone who works with some of the most vulnerable people in society, it rips my knitting.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.