Jack Monroe #66 A potato is a potato

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope Jac is telling the truth about her school experience. Surely her peers and former teachers could be following twitter.
I too thought the one saving grace about her was that she didn't discuss SB on social media. Poor kid, not only the stress of an 11+ but the potential for the kids at his future school to get hold of this stuff and bully him.

Reactions: 14
When I went to catch up and the quote option was no longer available (thread full), I wondered what totally outrageous thing she’d done. I am genuinely gobsmacked that she’s put all of this very personal and intimate info about her son on Twitter. I’m so disgusted, I can hardly formulate words to describe how bleeping out of order she is. What a bleep. A self-serving, narcissistic bleep. That poor boy. All the more despicable is the lie that she can’t afford tutors. She CAN afford tutors, I can afford tutors!! We haven’t started with tutoring yet, and not sure if we will, but I’m thinking of doing it for my son to keep his options open as the schools where I live are extremely limited and competitive. I don’t want my kid having to travel miles if I can get him in round the corner. Anyway, I can just about afford a tutor for a year. What I absolutely can’t afford is a £3,000 smeg, a £400 hammock, and about £4K worth of Cotswold shite. I also can’t afford to just hop on the sleeper to Edinburgh. She makes my blood boil, to be sure, so she does. Now duck OFF!!

Jack, we know you read here (unlike your fake pile of books), keep your son's privacy as it was, please! That’s the only thing any of us respected about you, was your decision not to publicly show/talk about him. This new direction you’re going in, this ‘sharenting’ bollocks, will prove catastrophic, you mark my words.
👏ABSOLUTELY👏 THIS👏

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Or, a radical notion, I know - wash it in some hot water and fairy liquid in the kitchen sink when he gets back after school? It would be dry by morning.
You are so right. Anyway, how often does a school tie need washed. Probably, once a week unless there have been spills on it. You could wash it on a Friday and it would be dry and ironed for a Monday.

The bit about the school tie is typical of her exaggeration, lies and manipulation of those who follow her and will contribute to her tips etc. I wonder if her parents help financially with her son, or perhaps she won't allow them, because they seem to be financially comfortable people.

Reactions: 13
You are so right. Anyway, how often does a school tie need washed. Probably, once a week unless there have been spills on it. You could wash it on a Friday and it would be dry and ironed for a Monday.

The bit about the school tie is typical of her exaggeration, lies and manipulation of those who follow her and will contribute to her tips etc. I wonder if her parents help financially with her son, or perhaps she won't allow them, because they seem to be financially comfortable people.
I honestly dont think my school tie was washed in 5 years.

However I went to an actual comprehensive school and grew up in an actual working class area, I’m not just playing dress up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
What I don't get is why she's asking a bunch of strangers their opinion on schooling when he has a very involved father?

That's not true. I DO get why. It's because she's a massive narcissist who's willing to throw her child's privacy onto the altar of Twitter adulation.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I had one tie the whole way through secondary. school. I used to pull threads out of it to leave black stripes. Same one from Y7 - Y11, it ended up looking rather tatty. Jack, is this the sort of poverty story you're looking for???

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I wonder what SB's dad has to say about his son's private life being discussed by strangers on twitter?

Reactions: 26
Just doing a catch up from the previous thread. Jeez, she’s insufferable. You know, this pigeonholing of her poor child, and the transferring of her own self-absorbed mind by projecting her own traits onto him, is just awful. Without even mentioning the absolute state that is discussing her child on fuckin Twitter, of all places. How selfish can you be. And finally, without knowing if this has been mentioned before, but tutoring costs.
A quick google puts the hourly cost at 30-35 pounds. Let’s assume he gets 1 hours tutoring per day, which is better than nothing and certainly enough give him some sort of learning structure, that’ll be 30x5=£150 per week. Let’s say then April to end of July, being liberal, what with August being summer holidays anyway.

April-July = 17 weeks. 17x150 =£2550

that’s a lot of money, but didn’t another Frau calculate her impulse spending these last few months to be somewhere close to 10k??... Either way, there’s no bleeping way that she doesn’t have 2.5 grand kicking about on one of her business accounts. Quick reminder, she was a TV PRESENTER for more than one national broadcaster. And all of this without even mentioning any contribution from the father.
It’s not a matter of funds, it’s a matter of priorities and sacrifices.

(Ps: Maybe 1hr per day being enough is fanciful thinking? Anyone have any experience?)
I am sure his father would contribute

Reactions: 8
Or, a radical notion, I know - wash it in some hot water and fairy liquid in the kitchen sink when he gets back after school? It would be dry by morning.

There is something else - dealing as I do, with SEN and vulnerable kids, you never, ever, EVER describe them as 'Highly Strung'. Distressed due to their home circumstances, insecure and vulnerable due to home circumstances, a child carer, a Child in Need, yes. but NEVER as though it's a deficiency on their part, rather than as a consequence of piss poor parenting circumstances.

'Highly Strung' is what parents use to medicalise and absolve themselves of responsibility for their children's emotional state and sense of security, however.
Wow. My narc mother labelled me this as a child and I never knew it was such an obvious indicator of how wrong her behaviour was.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I love a kombucha 😀
Babe same x
Sainsbury's do a really nice raspberry and lemon one 🍋 I'm one of those insufferable people who gets their knickers in a twist because I knew about kombucha before it was trendy. I'm so FANCY.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I can’t find thread 31. Can anyone link me please x

This should take you straight to where Jack arrived on page 17.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My face is like the dowager Countess in Downton reading this. If this is being a caring mum then I'm doing it all wrong.
D5A35921-DD43-4CD9-BDD6-8A472B890B29.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
The think I don't get about her is. Yes life for people in poverty us awful and more needs to be done. But how can she do it with words, words don't feed you, they don't keep you warm, they don't buy your kids uniforms etc actions do. Why doesn't she get out there and talk to the schools and the school ministers demand more to be done for the very poor. I am not sure but I think my son's old school did do a thing where they kept old uniforms that were in great nick donated from the year before and sold them on. I donated some stuff when he left as he left two weeks into a new term. they also did some food packages they quietly gave to the parents that were struggling( I know this because I knew a mum received her kid played with my kid in school)

This is the sort of thing she should be doing encouraging schools to run sales of Preloved and new uniforms at cut prices, helping source and pack food parcels for families that are struggling, help schools fund raise for pencils and books so schools can provide them to kids who cannot afford them. She could use her "political knowledge" and "friends" to ensure schools get all the funding that is available to them and that it is used appropriately.

In my own humble opinion writing about how poverty has changed in the last decade isn't going to do much just remind us that there is some very sad, very forgotten people out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.