Jack Monroe #66 A potato is a potato

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She tweeted 5 hours ago that she only has one school tie for her son (sorry, cant screenshot right now). Quick google suggests that the only primaries in her neighbourhood that have ties as part of uniform are private schools. Obvs he might go to a different primary, but where I am none of the state primaries have ties. #detectivework

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
She tweeted 5 hours ago that she only has one school tie for her son (sorry, cant screenshot right now). Quick google suggests that the only primaries in her neighbourhood that have ties as part of uniform are private schools. Obvs he might go to a different primary, but where I am none of the state primaries have ties. #detectivework
Excellent detective work! Did Jack say that she had to remove him from school because he was being bullied because of Jack's trans/non-binary status? If so, that might be the reason he could be in private.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
My daughter (university lecturer) and her husband (lawyer) have been dedicated to their work these past months but their focus has been on their small daughter, who has thrived, despite missing friends. We were fortunate to spend a whole week with her in Wales. She is so loved and so secure. None of you will ever know who she is or what might trouble her.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Unless it's changed, he was at school in Basildon. She mentioned having to take busses and trains and planes and hovercrafts to get there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I remember Evelyn suggesting that SB might enrol at JM’s adopted brother’s school ...

Reactions: 4
Why does he only have one school tie when his mother spends (other people's) money like water on such non essentials as a nutribullet, a wall full of books she has never read, a last minute trip to Edinburgh in a city centre hotel on an expensive overnight train.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Just doing a catch up from the previous thread. Jeez, she’s insufferable. You know, this pigeonholing of her poor child, and the transferring of her own self-absorbed mind by projecting her own traits onto him, is just awful. Without even mentioning the absolute state that is discussing her child on fuckin Twitter, of all places. How selfish can you be. And finally, without knowing if this has been mentioned before, but tutoring costs.
A quick google puts the hourly cost at 30-35 pounds. Let’s assume he gets 1 hours tutoring per day, which is better than nothing and certainly enough give him some sort of learning structure, that’ll be 30x5=£150 per week. Let’s say then April to end of July, being liberal, what with August being summer holidays anyway.

April-July = 17 weeks. 17x150 =£2550

that’s a lot of money, but didn’t another Frau calculate her impulse spending these last few months to be somewhere close to 10k??... Either way, there’s no bleeping way that she doesn’t have 2.5 grand kicking about on one of her business accounts. Quick reminder, she was a TV PRESENTER for more than one national broadcaster. And all of this without even mentioning any contribution from the father.
It’s not a matter of funds, it’s a matter of priorities and sacrifices.

(Ps: Maybe 1hr per day being enough is fanciful thinking? Anyone have any experience?)

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
Just about the only positive thing I used to be able to say about JM was that she kept her son out of things, but that seems to have been kicked to the kerb in the pursuit of pity and Patreon. Does she not realise children get teased at school for that kind of thing, or doesn't she care because everything in life is about her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
The kid is probably scared to say what he wants to do when he's older in case it doesn't please JM.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
When I went to catch up and the quote option was no longer available (thread full), I wondered what totally outrageous thing she’d done. I am genuinely gobsmacked that she’s put all of this very personal and intimate info about her son on Twitter. I’m so disgusted, I can hardly formulate words to describe how bleeping out of order she is. What a bleep. A self-serving, narcissistic bleep. That poor boy. All the more despicable is the lie that she can’t afford tutors. She CAN afford tutors, I can afford tutors!! We haven’t started with tutoring yet, and not sure if we will, but I’m thinking of doing it for my son to keep his options open as the schools where I live are extremely limited and competitive. I don’t want my kid having to travel miles if I can get him in round the corner. Anyway, I can just about afford a tutor for a year. What I absolutely can’t afford is a £3,000 smeg, a £400 hammock, and about £4K worth of Cotswold shite. I also can’t afford to just hop on the sleeper to Edinburgh. She makes my blood boil, to be sure, so she does. Now duck OFF!!

Jack, we know you read here (unlike your fake pile of books), keep your son's privacy as it was, please! That’s the only thing any of us respected about you, was your decision not to publicly show/talk about him. This new direction you’re going in, this ‘sharenting’ bollocks, will prove catastrophic, you mark my words.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Just doing a catch up from the previous thread. Jeez, she’s insufferable. You know, this pigeonholing of her poor child, and the transferring of her own self-absorbed mind by projecting her own traits onto him, is just awful. Without even mentioning the absolute state that is discussing her child on fuckin Twitter, of all places. How selfish can you be. And finally, without knowing if this has been mentioned before, but tutoring costs.
A quick google puts the hourly cost at 30-35 pounds. Let’s assume he gets 1 hours tutoring per day, which is better than nothing and certainly enough give him some sort of learning structure, that’ll be 30x5=£150 per week. Let’s say then April to end of July, being liberal, what with August being summer holidays anyway.

April-July = 17 weeks. 17x150 =£2550

that’s a lot of money, but didn’t another Frau calculate her impulse spending these last few months to be somewhere close to 10k??... Either way, there’s no bleeping way that she doesn’t have 2.5 grand kicking about on one of her business accounts. Quick reminder, she was a TV PRESENTER for more than one national broadcaster. And all of this without even mentioning any contribution from the father.
It’s not a matter of funds, it’s a matter of priorities and sacrifices.

(Ps: Maybe 1hr per day being enough is fanciful thinking? Anyone have any experience?)
Just wanna add: this is no advertisement for private tutoring. This is questioning the shrieks of poverty from a very comfortable woman who makes a point of complaining, for clicks, sympathy and hoped for profit, that private tutoring is well beyond her means.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Totally out of the loop (I’m BUSY) but good to see Jack is still absolutely insufferable. I did have a go at reading her woe-is-me-I-was-briefly-poor-10-years-ago blog but gave up after searching the page and finding 179 matches for the word ‘I’ (and 94 for ‘my’)...

Poor SB having his personal life posted for strangers to see just so his mum can get her Twitter hit

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Why does he only have one school tie when his mother spends (other people's) money like water on such non essentials as a nutribullet, a wall full of books she has never read, a last minute trip to Edinburgh in a city centre hotel on an expensive overnight train.
Or, a radical notion, I know - wash it in some hot water and fairy liquid in the kitchen sink when he gets back after school? It would be dry by morning.

There is something else - dealing as I do, with SEN and vulnerable kids, you never, ever, EVER describe them as 'Highly Strung'. Distressed due to their home circumstances, insecure and vulnerable due to home circumstances, a child carer, a Child in Need, yes. but NEVER as though it's a deficiency on their part, rather than as a consequence of piss poor parenting circumstances.

'Highly Strung' is what parents use to medicalise and absolve themselves of responsibility for their children's emotional state and sense of security, however.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I bought my kids uniforms, I normally save from about Easter time by putting a few quid away and by the time summer comes round I have enough to get what I need. Also I do buy bits like pants and socks through the year and only out half out and the rest away so I always have brand new when the school term starts. I treat all my children's big money splurges, christmas, school term and birthdays the same and out money away for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just about the only positive thing I used to be able to say about JM was that she kept her son out of things, but that seems to have been kicked to the kerb in the pursuit of pity and Patreon. Does she not realise children get teased at school for that kind of thing, or doesn't she care because everything in life is about her.
Agreed, I genuinely thought it was v classy (no sarcasm) that she never mentioned or photographed him. Think she’s pivoting her brand to family & lifestyle, and his privacy is just collateral damage in the quest to promote Aunt Bessies roasties and farrow & ball paint (shout out to my ex SOD fraus 😉)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Most kids only have one tie, and it very rarely gets washed (I work in a school). same with blazers

Reactions: 26
I live near this woman. My daughter went to school with her at Westcliff. I’m not going to talk about what she was like at school because I think it’s an nvasion of privacy. However, what she’s writing about her son is an invasion of his privacy. If you are reading this Jack, please delete the stuff you have said about your son. He won’t want to come across it in future.

• Wow
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.