Jack Monroe #66 A potato is a potato

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A doctorate for a Muppet? Who'd a thunk? And one for Kermit, too!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Why is being a mum further down her list of "titles"/achievements/Walter Mitty self identifications than bloody "former food bank user"? So pathetic and embarrassing.

Signed, Cuppa, fibre artist, photographer, author, former schoolchild, former baby, former twinkle in my mum's eye - oh and (married) parent to two absolute darlings who actually come first on my list in real life.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
"I want to raise your voices"

Translation: "I want to personally profit off the back of your hard work which I neither contributed to or raised the profile of when it didn't personally benefit me. Now research and write my book for me, and duck OFF".

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 62
"I want to raise your voices"

Translation: "I want to personally profit off the back of your hard work which I neither contributed to or raised the profile of when it didn't personally benefit me. Now research and write my book for me, and duck OFF".
👏👏👏👏

Reactions: 13
Erm ... is she leading up to vagina-podded beans? Disgusting, Pocahontas!
She wants a Goopy piece of Gwyneth’s This Smells Like My Vagina candle empire!

ETA: sorry, fixed my typo

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Honestly, she is just so clueless.

Where I live, long before the term "foodbank" was coined, it was the local church who helped people out. 20 years ago, I was working in my first post-qualifying role within a social work team - who formally referred people to the local church for boxes of food, generally tinned goods. I always thought it was awful that nobody ever really showed gratitude to the churches. You don't have to be religious to be thankful.

Now we have the term "Foodbank" and it's almost become an accessory phrase. Jack was not the first person to rely on DONATIONS from others to help get her through a tough time. The problem is now - she's continuing to demonstrate this lifestyle as an acceptable thing. She's actually making a career out of it by asking for donations to her Patreon.

There's not one single bit of action from JM that has caused a permanent positive change to poverty in the UK. Maybe she has made it worse - I would wager that some of the people who have donated to her have not been in a good financial position themselves and certainly most of them would be on less income than JM, yet she's turned herself into a Jackbank. Got any spare change, gov'ner? Donate to your local Jackbank. Smeg you later.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Been away because BUSY! This has resulted in a large number of GL marathons to get to the current thread!

I was so pleased to see Marcus Rushford being so proactive and making progress with child poverty on the news today. He has done so much in the past 8 months than our Jackie has in the past decade (Observation, your honour).

Jackamo has spent the pandemic generating sympathy in order to increase her cash flow. Oh but she is writing another book, is she? Paraphrasing from poverty authors books and other people’s experiences isn’t really a lot of hard work. OK, so it may highlight issues previously unknown to readers who have never been In poverty but is it really pioneering and going to change things (apart from her bank balance?)

At least there are some things that never change.....

1598966496596.png

ETA: Misspelt Marcus’ name <insert Homer Simpson Doh gif>

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She just called Nigella ‘mom’ (creepy and also note the American spelling) on Twitter.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Marcus Rashford has achieved more this year in terms of tackling poverty than Jack has during during her almost decade long career sat on her whinging sponging arse. I also suspect Marcus will appeal more to younger people because he is young, cool and can identify with BAME members due to having experienced real poverty unfortunately, probably racism and intersectional inequalities. Also he comes across as a really nice sincere and positive person who really believes in what he is doing. Compare that to little Ms complains and argues about everything including thin air, and I know who I would support in their crusade to end poverty (and more power to him too).

Also for those of you who don't know Jack recieved an honorary doctorate and had the brass neck to insist she be addressed as Dr Monroe. What a prick!

Exactly!
Can I also add to that list that he’s a talented professional premiere league footballer (earning tit loads of money). He doesn’t need a cause or a niche to sell himself for the next decade, his football will do the talking for him there. He's not doing this for himself, he, quite frankly, is alright jack. He has actually “lived” poverty and seen it first hand, real hardship, but he’s not banging on about that at every opportunity, he told us his background and has now put that to one side, so the focus is not on him but the people who need change. He knows what needs to be done and has put the graft in. God as a Manc and a united fan he was already up there for me but he really is a truly exceptional young man. 💕 He really doesn’t need some mockney wannabe -insert all words from her bio- being “there for him”, she offers nothing of value, he’s already got Boris and his cronies attention, the big supermarkets on board, his mates are influential high paid premiership footballers with huge platforms and I bet even our dear cousin Eamon Holmes (a big united fan) is behind him, where does our Jackie fit in? Maybe she could write him a poem 🤷‍♀️ but her shyness (add that to the list of her ailments please) will probably prevent it 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

She is insufferable. The sheer arrogance and gall of putting herself on a par with Henry Dimbleby and Marcus Rashford. They are genuinely working to fight poverty and hunger, no doubt. She on the other hand is tweeting all the livelong day, resting in a hammock, and demanding her followers research and write a book for her.

A book which will do nothing to fight poverty and hunger, only promote the one and only Mackie as she wrings yet another round of TV appearances and newspaper columns out of its publication.
Wonder who actually buys her books, given the low-quality recipes? How is she on book 7?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
First it was 40 days in the desert and now it's early next year.
You heard it here first - this book will never appear.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.