Jack Monroe #65 Green gages and ham

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she is saying she has 40 days or whatever to write this book, does this mean she's contracted to do so and perhaps hasn't fulfilled her contractual obligations?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I wonder if Marcus Rashford has been in touch yet? Hello? Marcus? Are you there? Anyone? Anyone?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I assume she’s talking about her mum being unwell and being unable to see her. Her son is more at risk of COVID going back to school but then all kids are. I personally can’t see her son going to his dads full time. I assume she had an arrangement with her mum for childcare and now she will need to make alternative arrangements as her mum is ill.

There’s been a rise in cases in Scotland since the schools went back but restaurants and pubs are also open up here as well.

My issue with her experience on benefits is that yes it must have been awful but the issue that affected her was poverty. She wasn’t at risk of being sanctioned. She doesn’t have a clue what the new UC regime is like. The stress of worrying about a sanction not that I would wish that on anyone

Her experience in my view simply is not relevant to what people in poverty are experiencing in 2020.

Reactions: 22
She’s got less childcare issues than many people given that she works mostly from home and she has control over her own diary.

The way she’s been tweeting during lockdown has pretty much killed her TV ‘career’ anyway so on poverty safari she must go.
Plus SB isn’t there 24/7 he lives with his dad

Reactions: 11
I reckon she’s missing a trick, she could become a regular on the panto scene, wheeled out to do an uncle Albert ‘during the poverty’. All the kids could yawn & widow twanky or someone could make her disappear through a trapdoor.
I’d watch that.
I’d laugh up a lung, dear heart!
Speaking of DISAPPEARING, her crippling arthritis seems to be in remission since last we heard our irrepressible heroine was heading to her dad’s with a ‘sturdy backpack’ to schlep home her shedload of books 👀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Jack, not sure if you've noticed but this plague has been here since March. You've not given a tit about your immune system all year, unless it suited you. You've been to supermarkets, restaurants and pubs. You even fucked off on holiday halfway through.
1. Sees bandwagon
2. Backs up for a running start
3. Leaps on it with the manic desperation of the terminally irrelevant

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
She is literally sending 4 tweets a minute at the moment. Why did she insist on ‘writing’ this stupid book if she literally is going to choose a news item a day to get wound up about?!
Chained to the desk - chained to the bloody phones more like

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’d laugh up a lung, dear heart!
Speaking of DISAPPEARING, her crippling arthritis seems to be in remission since last we heard our irrepressible heroine was heading to her dad’s with a ‘sturdy backpack’ to schlep home her shedload of books 👀
Well after the paint tins the books will be a doddle 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I think Squigs knows you've 'got that!' since he's replying to a post in which you explicitly say you have it 🙄🙄🙄🙄

She tweets so much that she can't keep track of her own tweets and therefore replies with the same automatic dirge over and over again...do you think she even reads what they say half the time??

The way she interacts with her followers is so bleeping annoying, I honestly don't know how they put up with it.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
Can you get sick pay from the government if you are signed off?
Not if you are self employed and I 'think' you have to pay for sick note for an insurance claim. But insurance usually only covers critical illness.

Reactions: 2
How can she not see her own hypocrisy? Why can’t her followers see it?

Worried about buying uniform? A small portion of that £10k (minimum) from Hellman’s would have bought whatever her son needed. Instead she bought multiple Cotswold Co. furniture, a Smeg fridge, hammock and a last minute trip to Edinburgh. She doesn’t have to worry about buying uniform at all.

Speaking of Edinburgh... it’s a bit late for her to be worried about immune system now. (Remember she’s not immunocompromised as she first claimed. She was mistaken with her wording) She didn’t worry about it on her jaunt to Scotland, or shopping trips, or out at restaurants last week.

Hmm and childcare? Is that for the child who spends most of the time at his dad’s? Jack’s “I don’t have any childcare” story then became, “He’s with his dad” when on This Morning. Who has her kid when she’s sleeping 22 hours a day then?

Now she’s solely responsible for her rent. Mrs J moved in with her, so presumably she managed fine to pay the rent before that. Jack has earned more in lockdown that most people earn in a year. Who is she to write these tweets as if she’s in the same boat as people struggling right now?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
Well he’s pulled out of the England squad so...

Sorry, Gareth. I really fancied playing this weekend but my head’s not in it. I seemed to have adopted some weird stalker. She won’t stop messaging me, it’s incessant, I’m starting to wonder if she just sits at home dayand night on Twitter. She keeps on repeating something about how much she could teach me, how much she manages to achieve despite being BUSY, that I’m all up in her niche and that I should ‘check my middle-class privilege’. And that’s just the half of it. Anyway, the craziness has wigged me out and I really can’t concentrate on the football right now..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
No one has been messaging her about the cost of school uniform. She been chatting with Charlotte Hughes on Twitter. Fucks sake.

Reactions: 12
I'm so confused. I thought she had nearly finished the book BEFORE the chemical rollercoaster? Didn't we have tweets to that effect?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.