Jack Monroe #65 Green gages and ham

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god, I've just stumbled on the article she wrote announcing to the world that she was vegan...apparently she didn't just eat meat, she was ADDICTED. Probably severely so.

Also:

1. I've been vegan for years and years and have never been asked more than once or twice how I get my protein, but the way she words it here makes it seem like people were coming to ask her that in droves?

2. She goes on about not being judgemental blah blah blah YET MADE HER SON BUY AND SKIN HIS OWN SAUSAGES AND TOLD HIM ABBATOIR HORROR STORIES

3. I'm not convinced about her claim that chickens should only lay 12 eggs a year 🤔 my friend has chickens which largely do whatever the duck they want (mostly eating her flowers) and they lay nearly every day

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Good grief. Just catching up, and have seen the latest Twatfest on Twitter. I’m sat here wondering how the duck she even has friends. If I’d heard that a friend was struggling to cope and needed a distraction, I’d have done the same. Not with scoby, but maybe with something else that needed care and attention, and could prove to be a satisfying ‘anchor’. Had I done that, put thought and time into gifting something with the best intentions, only to find it thrown back in my face, publicly, that would most definitely be the end of that friendship. And I wonder if she’s asked this friend how THEY are doing? How THEIR mental health is?

of course, if it had been Nigella doing the gifting, I feel it would have been a different story.

Reactions: 26
I wonder if she gets as anxious about SB coming into contact with Covid when he's not with her, which appears to be a lot of the time. Does J insist on a say in where he can go and who he can see? even though dad is probably more than capable...

Reactions: 6
Good grief. Just catching up, and have seen the latest Twatfest on Twitter. I’m sat here wondering how the duck she even has friends. If I’d heard that a friend was struggling to cope and needed a distraction, I’d have done the same. Not with scoby, but maybe with something else that needed care and attention, and could prove to be a satisfying ‘anchor’. Had I done that, put thought and time into gifting something with the best intentions, only to find it thrown back in my face, publicly, that would most definitely be the end of that friendship. And I wonder if she’s asked this friend how THEY are doing? How THEIR mental health is?

of course, if it had been Nigella doing the gifting, I feel it would have been a different story.
Do you think she even got given the scoby or if she bought it herself? I am at a point now where I just assume everything she says is fiction.

I also hadn't heard of a scoby until today though, so that's nice and educational of her

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think Squigs knows you've 'got that!' since he's replying to a post in which you explicitly say you have it 🙄🙄🙄🙄

She tweets so much that she can't keep track of her own tweets and therefore replies with the same automatic dirge over and over again...do you think she even reads what they say half the time??

The way she interacts with her followers is so bleeping annoying, I honestly don't know how they put up with it.
..thinking of that episode of The Simpsons where Homer uses that 'pecky bird thing' to press the button on his computer because he's too busy lazy to do his job properly.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Oh my god, I've just stumbled on the article she wrote announcing to the world that she was vegan...apparently she didn't just eat meat, she was ADDICTED. Probably severely so.

Also:

1. I've been vegan for years and3. I'm not convinced about her claim that chickens should only lay 12 eggs a year 🤔 my friend has chickens which largely do whatever the duck they want (mostly eating her flowers) and they lay nearly every day
how do you stop them we have two at the farm that literally rule the roost and do what the heck they like when they like and they sometimes lay daily other times they don’t ?

I'm so confused. I thought she had nearly finished the book BEFORE the chemical rollercoaster? Didn't we have tweets to that effect?
Yeh, but I think she's deleted them now.
Did a search for her twitter handle and "manuscript" and found these (her publisher must be delighted to see her mucking about on twitter when she's an entire book to research and write):

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 12

She definitely doesn't have friends.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
The alcohol thing; i read that as shes drinking kombucha now but is being careful with it. Shop bought may be 0.5% but home brewed can be higher. Shes not bleeping sober.
Honestly what is she playing at? I didn’t want to comment cos I’m not classy enough to know anything about brewing kombucha but it’s not the sort of tit you entertain if you’re sober at all?! Likewise her alcohol free beers.

Also she can seriously duck off talking about covid / lock down / anything, she’s been on too many a dalliance to act all coy now. Plus sorry to be a witch but she’s hardly keeping on top of her hand hygiene is she😷

Can’t remember what else I wanted to rant about she’s been that annoying today 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
how do you stop them we have two at the farm that literally rule the roost and do what the heck they like when they like and they sometimes lay daily other times they don’t ?
Well, exactly! Cork up the bum? You'd think she would've fact checked that, but no. Can't be arsed. My friend's chickens are super happy, super healthy, living their best lives, she's thrilled that they lay so well but doesn't really care if they do or don't as they're basically pets. Perhaps no one's told them that laying more than once a month is frowned upon 😂

• Haha
Do you think she even got given the scoby or if she bought it herself? I am at a point now where I just assume everything she says is fiction.

I also hadn't heard of a scoby until today though, so that's nice and educational of her
Well now you mention it...yeah, the jury’s out. So she bought it herself, possibly. I mean, how little does she know herself?! 🙄🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Also:

1. I've been vegan for years and years and have never been asked more than once or twice how I get my protein, but the way she words it here makes it seem like people were coming to ask her that in droves?

2. She goes on about not being judgemental blah blah blah YET MADE HER SON BUY AND SKIN HIS OWN SAUSAGES AND TOLD HIM ABBATOIR HORROR STORIES

3. I'm not convinced about her claim that chickens should only lay 12 eggs a year 🤔 my friend has chickens which largely do whatever the duck they want (mostly eating her flowers) and they lay nearly every day
Totally agree with everything you write. Also, it’s the way that she just assumes automatic and indisputable authority on any matter that she suddenly adopts. It’s her most annoying trait, like duck anyone else who has been fighting for this cause before me, the final word is now mine. And then what, a few months later the fad gets boring and she disowns it. If there’s one thing that she has in spades it’s arrogance, if only she could bottle and sell it, she’d make enough to buy 10 houses.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Please don't
2A3BD6C9-891A-4400-9613-EEF0FDA14BF2.jpeg
D0FD9785-6ECC-4606-A173-610CE863868F.jpeg

How poor is poor Jack? So poor that she could only afford a trip to Edinburgh, and designer furniture, white goods and clothes. And she only has 2 smartphones, plus all the other phones. But she's far too poor to pay for a tutor for the boy who actually spends most of his time at his dad's.
I'm sorry I can't remember who said it earlier but I agree that it appears she is gearing up to announce that he will be living with his dad permanently.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
20200831_165606.png

Aaaaaaand this is top of the list in Google when "Jack Monroe Marcus Rashford" is searched. But... remember you said you would keep us posted Jackie!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Gah I really hate talking about SB but if he was actively missing out on something she knew she could provide if she didn’t duck off to Edinburgh and spaff money anywhere she possibly could then that’s absolutely appalling. Shame on her.

ETA - I couldn’t afford a tutor either and tbh my child didn’t need one as I worked my bloody arse off taking home school seriously and not sleeping/tweeting. Although break was coincidentally around DKL time in April. 😆

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
413408CD-A7C4-4E52-8A7E-36C58A610D58.jpeg

Jack! Ffs stfu!! His privacy. Again!!
71562927-E199-4ECE-9432-338D5ABCC6C4.jpeg

Ooh i’m so cross with her. That’s on her, not him. Poor love.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.