Jack Monroe #65 Green gages and ham

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Recovery. Jesus, I have ASD, ADHD and chronic depression. I hold down a full time job, pay my rent and bills. My flat is a bleeping hovel but, hey, swings and bloody roundabouts- got to earn a living and as I’m on below the living wage, I’m perpetually skint. If I had a book commissioned for silly money for utter, repulsive, disgusting tripe, it’d have been in weeks before the deadline so that I got paid. Smeg fridge freezer? Sofa in the hall? Welcome to Council Land, sweetheart. Welcome to what shall I go without so that I don’t have to use a food bank? Welcome to being perpetually grateful for the generosity of my friends and neighbours. FFS, will somebody make her stop whining?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Well, exactly! Cork up the bum? You'd think she would've fact checked that, but no. Can't be arsed. My friend's chickens are super happy, super healthy, living their best lives, she's thrilled that they lay so well but doesn't really care if they do or don't as they're basically pets. Perhaps no one's told them that laying more than once a month is frowned upon 😂
I didn't read the article but is that what she suggested, an egg a month? 😂
They would have died out long ago if that were the case, not every egg laid will be viable and aside from that, they are flock birds. Can't raise much of a flock with one egg a month that may not hatch 🤔

Reactions: 19
Practice for some antiquated exam I don’t even understand, instead of consistent attempts at homeschooling which nobody was good at but we all tried our best. She is all about keeping up with the Joneses. That poor little love. How embarrassing for him. The parents of his mates will read this.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
She’s too bloody idle to actually home school. Parents who do it properly have to be incredibly organised. I sincerely doubt the child’s father (who seems to have some common sense) would let her pull him out of mainstream education.

On the upside, he is getting towards an age where he can opt to go and live with one parent full time if he gets sick of his mother’s endless fiancées.

Reactions: 17
Practice for some antiquated exam I don’t even understand, instead of consistent attempts at homeschooling which nobody was good at but we all tried our best. She is all about keeping up with the Joneses. That poor little love. How embarrassing for him. The parents of his mates will read this.
He really needs to be be in the full time care of his father. I'm so embarrassed for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Genuinely gobsmacked she’s considering selective schooling! Let alone put her child under considerable stress to do so.

ETA - The way she’s talking is that it’s either grammar school or vocational education! There are probably Tory MPs more okay with sending their kids to state school than Jack the way she’s going on about it.

Reactions: 23
She is exhausting.
In one tweet she's been enjoying hanging out, sleeping in, no pressure, in the next they've done SO MUCH practice, next she's considering home school, in the next considering putting her child into the high pressure grammar school system, in another he's happy bimbling along at home, in yet another he'd ace a competitive exam and thrive in a grammar school.
Make up your damn mind!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
That was her grandads allegedly
The cracked formica table is where she is going to eat the jam now. In her overly descriptive instagram post she says that she will make the jam and eat it with cheap wet ham at her cracked formica table. Not sure how to quote instagram, but it is attached to Tabatha D's post below.

It’s also very much NOT “pale golden green jam” as per her florid Instagram post about her granddad.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I didn't read the article but is that what she suggested, an egg a month? 😂
They would have died out long ago if that were the case, not every egg laid will be viable and aside from that, they are flock birds. Can't raise much of a flock with one egg a month that may not hatch 🤔
Oh yes. I had to go back to the article and check that she really did say one a month. Genuinely thought I'd misinterpreted it or something. But no

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Is this all stemming from us discussing her lack of critical thinking skills and doubting her intelligence earlier? Just a casual anecdote about being told she was one of the brightest girls at school 🤔.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Ah so the point of this whole chain of tweets is to brag about coming 86 out of 5000...suddenly its all so clear! Also is she saying that if you don’t send your kid to a selective school they are doomed to only follow a vocational career path?!
I think she's simultaneously trying to boast about how smart she reckons she is, blame her SEVERE ADHD and how misunderstood she was for not getting more GCSEs, and have a good whinge.

I hate grammar school snobbery. I grew up in an area where that system doesn't exist, and am so glad for it. We all got the best chances, whilst still in a comprehensive school, regardless of whether we wanted an academic or vocational career. I'm sure some people have done very well out of the grammar school system, but the fact that comps in areas where the system is in place are seen as second rate is not cool.

Poor SB 😟

Reactions: 28
View attachment 228657
Shut up shut up shut up!
For fucks sake you entitled twit, just shut up. Ok, you are angry because L had enough and left, and you have to pay the rent and bills all by yourself. But if you can't afford your crappy bungalow, move somewhere you can afford . Anyone would think you we're being forced into a hostel .

Every year thousands of women have their relationships break down and their circumstances change. You are not special

You are not scraping around to buy trainers, well at least not for yourself. Your child has an engaged father,.

As others have said, if yourself gave a dying duck, and you don't have to if you don't want to, just don't pretend you do, you would have done something in July.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.