Jack Monroe #65 Green gages and ham

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can tell Jackie's book is already going to piss me off. It will be part personal "going through the McDonald's bins despite having a middle class family in the same town and baby daddy happy to take the child when needed and part Owen Jones Guardian article circa 2013.
I wouldn't hold your breath for it being released. The next bandwagon will come along that people desperately NEED her to crusade for (with her credentials you know) and this will get pushed back so she can write/shout about that.

What happened to the book she was going to publish compiling people's stories of their experiences of racism?? Guess that got pushed back for people's stories and experiences of poverty... 🀷

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
It's always a sign of being very careful with money when you have multiple copies of the same books.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I've done that. I've made that. Had that job. Seen that film.

Oh THAT book? I actually have the first chapter tattooed on my butt cheeks!

Honestly she makes me want to smash my face into my phone until it breaks into a thousand pieces.

I would do but she'd probably claim she'd already done exactly the same to ALL THREE of her phones earlier today....

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I wouldn't hold your breath for it being released. The next bandwagon will come along that people desperately NEED her to crusade for (with her credentials you know) and this will get pushed back so she can write/shout about that.

What happened to the book she was going to publish compiling people's stories of their experiences of racism?? Guess that got pushed back for people's stories and experiences of poverty... 🀷
She did extensive research and decided that there is no racism to highlight. That’s why she’s never needed to give over her platform to anyone to highlight racist issues either, like so many others have πŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 22
love this group. i look at it a few times a day. makes me feel normal.

now duck off

• Haha
Reactions: 69
The one time I'm tempted to tweet her is when she asks for recommendations. I'd love to invent a fake book to suggest...guarantee she'll have read it. 3 times, no doubt.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I know we aren't allowed to and I'm not going to do it but I would love a parody Jack account to exist on Twitter.

Mack Jonroe, who has had every job, thought or experience that you have had and knows more about it than you ever could.

To be fair Jack could sue for intellectual property infringement or something because you'd essentially be stealing her entire personality but it would make me laugh πŸ˜‚

She'd just be one upping everyone on Twitter.

You've got a PHD mate? I've got twelve. Completed them all last year whilst I was filming one of 5 TV pilots and writing a million books, all of which are coming out next month on the same day.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
None of the books show any sign of wear or reading. Even when I’ve tried to keep books pristine whilst reading, there is still noticeable β€˜reading’ marks on the spine.

If she had read any of these she would have more than a basic understand and a better act for her cosplay.

I see someone suggested Thompson and the Making of the Working Class. I did a paper on class - it was imperative reading. Along with others I doubt she has heard of yet we had to read to have any sort of knowledge on the subject.

She is no expert.

Reactions: 23
The one time I'm tempted to tweet her is when she asks for recommendations. I'd love to invent a fake book to suggest...guarantee she'll have read it. 3 times, no doubt.
Recommend one of mine 100% she won't have read any πŸ˜‰

Reactions: 11
Just reached #47... got to Dragon's (sorry, can't seem to tag) version of 500 Miles.. quickly found a kareoke version of the music on YT and had Mr IW sing it to me whilst I tears rolled down my cheeks. Genius, absolute genius πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Not sure why @Peachy9's "Baked-bin laden" didn't get more likes, I am HOOTING πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I know we aren't allowed to and I'm not going to do it but I would love a parody Jack account to exist on Twitter.

Mack Jonroe, who has had every job, thought or experience that you have had and knows more about it than you ever could.

To be fair Jack could sue for intellectual property infringement or something because you'd essentially be stealing her entire personality but it would make me laugh πŸ˜‚

She'd just be one upping everyone on Twitter.

You've got a PHD mate? I've got twelve. Completed them all last year whilst I was filming one of 5 TV pilots and writing a million books, all of which are coming out next month on the same day.
....what personality....? :unsure: πŸ˜€

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.